It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does The FDA Do?

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Alright, someone tell me what the FDA does.

You get growth hormones in practically all fruits and vegetables and meats.

You get pesticides in nearly all fruit juices.

You got high counts of mercury in fish.

You have a food pyramid that is completely wrong.

The most unhealthy foods and snacks in schools.

You get a combination of growth hormones, bacteria, and who knows what else in milk.

The worlds largest fast food chains are using diseased/sick cows and chickens.

You got pharmaceutical companies working on products that cure symptoms and not the actually cause.

And on top of that, those drugs are being recalled! You got major drugs like Vioxx being recalled. So backward movement in the drugs to cure the diseases.

At one point widespread cigerettes and alcohol addiction could have been stopped. Wiped out, before you ever knew it existed. Now it's allowed to be sold with a warning that it may essentially kill you. What are they saying really.

Well for one, if they are allowing it to be sold, it's "FDA Approved". So essentially anything FDA approved is a joke. It may kill you.

I'm starting to think the healthcare crisis we're seeing around the world is primarily due to very poor regulation of food and drugs and we will have to pay for all their errors down the line in taxes through a social security and humanitarian initiative.

Maybe they are saying we are in a famine type situation. We don't have enough food to feed our country. We are in a food shortage crisis. Rather than continue pumping out quality foods and make our country healthy, lets allow farmers and companies to pump out whatever they can by whatever methods they can and cover it up.

In a lot of religous texts they say in the end time, there will be widespread famine. My question is, with all the scientific break throughs in food modification, will we notice? Or will it be covered up by the FDA?

If foods were natural, healthier, cleaner, would we be in a shortage? How much would this food cost? Are natural/organic foods very expensive now because their is a shortage? Or because nobody produces them anymore?

If you were the President and had access to this information, the information of what's really going on, what would you do? Perhaps you'd move out to the middle of nowhere like Crawford Texas and live on a ranch and have your own water filtration system. Oh wait, he does that now!

I think It's time we start considering this as a group.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You covered a lot, and brought up some good points. I mean why is wholesome raw milk not very much available. I hear that puss is in milk and that is one reason that milk is pasteurized.

"Hello, excuse me, puss is in milk. Why is puss in milk? Why are we recieving milk from diseased cows?"

I cann't however say go and drink raw milk, because that is up to the person himself to decide, and I don't want to be responsible for a person dying over some crazy strain of bacteria in a diseased cow. I myself would consider drinking raw milk.

Yeah, who's side is the FDA on? Who's side is the AMA on? The medical field is probably profiting quite a bit from medical problems caused by poor nutrition and food additives.

An organic society would reuse its waste in the form of compost, and recycling methods. You wouldn't have non-recyclable plastic containers littering the land. And all waste including human waste would degrade naturally as nature intended. And thus be re-used in the cycle of life.

I think to a large degree a system is currently set up that focuses on profit, and cost cutting, rather than having a future.

Profit is far too much of a focus, "future" needs to be a focus as well. Profit doesn't matter, if we won't be here in the future to enjoy it.

Troy

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The FDA like all branches of our government secret or not is there to ensure that corporations profit at all costs.

UH--I wouldn't suggest drinking "raw" milk from a cow, not afte seeing the 32 graves all from within the span of a month at the nearby convant and finding out all 32 nuns died of Tuberculosis that was carried in cows milk.

Got Milk?--ahackakakakak aaagh!

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
At one time the FDA was funded by the federal government.

Now the larger portion of it's budget comes from industry.

There are NO FREE LUNCHES.

If the FDA is to serve the American taxpayer/consumer the taxpayers will have to foot the whole bill.

If corporate America is paying the piper, corporate America will call the tunes.

Right now the FDA is just a meatpuppet for profit gouging Pharmaceuticals and food processors.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Speaking of free lunches, if you do a little research into school lunch programs you will find that it is the most unhealthy overweight diabetes causing crap in the world.

Follow this with No Child Left behind causing the end of phys-ed and outdoor recess programs, so that kids get fat just to pass some standardized tests.

And have you ever wondered why, with all the bullying that goes on in schools, all the crime that goes on in society at large, that self-defense has NEVER been part of school phys-ed programs?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
The FDA like all branches of our government secret or not is there to ensure that corporations profit at all costs.

UH--I wouldn't suggest drinking "raw" milk from a cow, not afte seeing the 32 graves all from within the span of a month at the nearby convant and finding out all 32 nuns died of Tuberculosis that was carried in cows milk.

Got Milk?--ahackakakakak aaagh!

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Legalizer]

Raw Milk is fine, get to know your farmer if you trust his operation you will do well.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Speaking of free lunches, if you do a little research into school lunch programs you will find that it is the most unhealthy overweight diabetes causing crap in the world.

Follow this with No Child Left behind causing the end of phys-ed and outdoor recess programs, so that kids get fat just to pass some standardized tests.

And have you ever wondered why, with all the bullying that goes on in schools, all the crime that goes on in society at large, that self-defense has NEVER been part of school phys-ed programs?

You know I often question that. Personally I think it makes no sense that kids are fat because they are fed. They are fed at schools and at home.

I find it hard to believe that so many people ignore what the FDA is doing. If they can get away with that, which is what we know, what else are they getting away with.

new topics

top topics

join