It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has lost it's Sovereignty to the United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
politics.guardian.co.uk...

Interesting about Diego Garcia, thoughts?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
hmmm, its interesting but from here it seems quite funny. I`m sure half the country would argue that we had lost our sovreignty to the States and the other half would argue that we had lost it to Europe.

I don`t really think that we have lost our sovreignty at all. Political and military concessions are made for the sake of greater security and you must remember that government is not static and the voters can change this if they so choose.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
We are just to bloody tolarant & let others walk all other us.

We need a good civil war or sumthing just to sort the nation out.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellequin

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellequin

This is probably true, which is scary!
With regards to Diego Garcia, am I reading that right? It's British soil but we'd be arrested for setting foot on it?! Something ain't right there!

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
We are bing pushed to the limit i think. Its not are fault its just the goverment s*its on its own people, we carnt protect ourselves or are homes!

we are the softest touch in europe we give to many freebies to too many people.

still its better than being french

neo

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
v/ interesting but i wonder what can be done to stop this? Maybe a reverlution ummm.. sounds fun

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i fell so ashamed that your priminister could accept such a medal it almost as if the US is giveing its lad dog a goody treat. i see one way in which we can fight this american take over and that is the european union. i am british and we are a part of europe with hard assed people like the french i dont see the european defence ministries being told when and where they can launch cruise missiles.

another thing as for voting out government to to show our disapproval it makes no sence. look the two leading parties labour and conservatives, iean duncan smith is so weak in teams of his view on international affiars, recall he too supported us lead action. so my guess would be to vote lib dem. however i dont see them fixing our soverinty therefore i say stick with tony as he is pro-europe and thus the solution to getting away from american intervention.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"...Every copy of Microsoft Windows, every copy of MS Office World, and every Dell computer invoise carry demands, imposed on Microsoft and Dell by the US government, that the UK user or UK purchaser observes US criminal law(the US Export Control Act) here in the UK....
In relation to earlier violations of sovereignty using the same export law, Margaret Thatcher wrote to Paddy Ashdown on Nov 11 1988 saying "You will no doubt recall that in his letter of July 3rd 1985, Michael Havers (the attorney general) warned that, although US claims to extraterritorial jurisdiction are offensive, it is only realistic to recognise that we cannot in practise compel the US to stop making such claims and seeking to enforce them". If Maggie had to tolerate violations of UK sovereignty, what chance has Tony Blair got?..."

Extract from a letter in the Guardian today, not available on the internet.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i'm afraid only the racist thugs at the BNP would do a more effective job of preserving UK sovereignty, and i would rather die than have the BNP running my country, sovereignty is not worth that price.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Uh, they lost the whole thing a long time ago. After they lost to America in 1778, it was all downhill from there. Sure, won a war against Franch, but still, it's Franch, need I say more?

WWI comes around, you sucked till we step in. WWII comes around, you suck till we step in. You even adopted our government and are no longer lead by inbreeds. Of course, all countires in Europe were lead by inbreeds since all married to each other and then some. So can't denounce you for that.

But still, who bought the world supply of tea before WWI? Who killed off all their kings? Sometimes in very brutal ways like a red hot poker in the bum. How many kings in England actually died of old age? Not of beheaded, hanged, tortured to death, red hot poker, so forth?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Actually the US only fought WW1 for a month. So you have to give Credit to the French there....uh that is if you are not speaking of Britain lol...

[Edited on 20-7-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
james the lesser you say we lost to america in 1778? i cont that more as a civil war because you wernt a nation then just a bunch of convicts.

WWI your toops brought a flu over that killed thousands of are troops thanks for that.

WWII you helped us out alot thankyou.

& i think the only king we ever beheaded was charles stuart the others more or less died in battle or in their beds & a few were crazy most proberly from inbreeding

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Why does it even matter?
It is still soveirgn, but it's really weak, sorry.
Your a freakin small Island. About 30 of the U.S.'s states are bigger than it.
Britian is run by an aristocratic suedo-democracy. Your little queens and Kings have no power, just money.

The entire European Union is too weak and needs to be reformed.

Thoughts,
Tassadar

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
We have a queen at the moment.

There are more people living here than in texas and we aint all called Bob & live in Birmingham.Also we are not cramed in like sardines but can move quite freely around our little island.

Did you care when ozzy osbourne pissed up the Alimo?
If you did'nt then there is no way i can explain to you why this matters. If you did then the feeling you had when you 1st heard that news is what i feel like everytime i think of the s*it we take off others.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well then do somehting about it.

Talk to your Parliament members. MAke them do something about it.

Plus thar Alamo incident wasn't really thart important.
Mexico gained Independence from Spain in 1821,
then Texas gained Independence from Mexico in 1836.
WE joined the United States in 1845, then left in 1861.
We came back during the 1867.

Texas lost it's soveignty forever ago, and you don't see us whining.

Go talk to your buddy Blair about it. Tell him to not help the United States or anyone else in wars. Tell him to not supply humanitarian aid for the poor little Iraquis and Afghans. Tell him to listen to the UN, which is one of the least powerful governments in the World. NATO is probably stronger, and they don't do anyhting.

And a side note, Ozzy Ozbourne means nothing to the people of the United States. When he jacked up the Alamo, no one cared. They just looked, laughed, and said "That's Ozzy".

You haven't lost your soveirgnty to the United States. Only Kuwait, Afghanistahn, and Iraq have.

How does this fit under New World Order? Rzkareta, are you assuming the United States is behind the NWO and it's not Britian or Switzerland or someone else?

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
coz as you yanks know, we WILL Win any day of the year...

seriously though, sometimes i think that the UK does need an uprising

but us brits are too polite, dont you think?

imagine the scene at the start of the revolution:

"I say old chap one is going to have a revolution right now!"

"Please go to the back of the queue, sir"

"Frightfully sorry"

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ye we would all go home on the 1st sunday of are new rebelion to drink tea & play a nice friendly game of cricket.

ozzy is the only original one out the lot his son i would pay good money to pound the c*ap out of & his daughter is annoying to

lets start a NWO with ozzy as its head

that would be a eutopia

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
u know i hope galieoe gets up and running soon becuase i just hate the idea of having a non european country guileding our cruise missiles. and i also will do something about your soverentiy becuase i for one will be running for priministership some time in the futrue and to stop me some one would have to assinate me.

which of course can happen if i dont play my cards right but mark my words europe will become a superstate and will grow to supremecy bah ha ha ha ha ha ha

(yes plenty spelling errors) but so what bah ha ha ha ha ha.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, they lost the whole thing a long time ago. After they lost to America in 1778, it was all downhill from there. Sure, won a war against Franch, but still, it's Franch, need I say more?

WWI comes around, you sucked till we step in. WWII comes around, you suck till we step in. You even adopted our government and are no longer lead by inbreeds. Of course, all countires in Europe were lead by inbreeds since all married to each other and then some. So can't denounce you for that.

But still, who bought the world supply of tea before WWI? Who killed off all their kings? Sometimes in very brutal ways like a red hot poker in the bum. How many kings in England actually died of old age? Not of beheaded, hanged, tortured to death, red hot poker, so forth?

Um. Do they call you "James the Lesser" because you have Less Brain?

Study history before you spout of such rubbish.

As for the UK losing it's sovereignty? Get real. The most spoken language in the World is English. Even if we don't have the largest army in the World, our language dominates on this planet.
If that isn't power, then what is?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join