It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Similarities between the government in the book 1984 and the US Public schools - its scary.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The parallels are more subtle that 2+2=5. I find the most striking and concerning thing to be the "perpetual war" with ever changing enemies and the memory hole so we forget there is any other way of living.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dancer
It is wrong for them to teach the expanding universe theory. Perhaps one that is not expanding or contracting would be acceptable, but they are wrong.

Matter is always getting smaller, compressing, (That is part of the "Source" of Gravity. Which would be irresponcible to elaboratte on).

All things are made up of atoms, and subatomic particles eg. matter, therefore the universe itself cannot be expanding if it is getting smaller.

It is like saying a skinny fat man, or a short tall fellow.

I really don't know what to say, can you back any of what you claim up with any facts?
The Universe is expanding, there is no doubt, red shifted quasars and galaxies are all the proof you need. In fact it is accelerating in its expansion.

Matter is not 'getting smaller' matter is matter and it always is matter (unless converted to energy), compression has nothing to do with gravity.

Just because matter is made up of small particles doesn't mean the Universe cannot expand, taking that logic ballons wouldn't blow up and we shouldn't be able to breathe.

Very stange ....

[edit on 10/4/05 by cmdrpaddy]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy
I really don't know what to say, can you back any of what you claim up with any facts?
The Universe is expanding, there is no doubt, red shifted quasars and galaxies are all the proof you need. In fact it is accelerating in its expansion.

Matter is not 'getting smaller' matter is matter and it always is matter (unless converted to energy), compression has nothing to do with gravity.

Just because matter is made up of small particles doesn't mean the Universe cannot expand, taking that logic ballons wouldn't blow up and we shouldn't be able to breathe.

Very stange ....

I fail to comprehend the Baloon parable...
As Everything is becoming more dense, it dosn't mean that there is a total lack of elasticity, even at an increased dence state a life form would be able to breathe since the life form itself has become more dense, and the increased density are impercivable to the life form.
(Sizes remain the same, by means of measurement as the tools themselves have become increasingly denser)

Mater is constantly shrinking, Perhaps shrinkage is the wrong word, as it implies a loss, it may be more accurate to say It becomes more dense. Compressing in upon itself it becomes smaller.
That is one of the properties of mater. (That does not mean that it is shrinking at a percivable rate) It is not stagnent, is it being converted to energy as it shrinks? Yes, although Physical Change ia a change that does not produce a new kind of mater. Only certain Characteristics of Matter, such as Shape, and Volume, are changed.

Read

What proof is there that red shifted quasars and galaxies are expanding?

Before you cite light years as measurements, measuring distance from earth; Eg, measuring the distance from the earth to a star, then waiting for the earth to get to the other side of the sun for a second measurement and using a Trig. calculation is erronious, it is like measuring an object 10 miles away from your back yard, and moving the transent a foot or two for the second part of the formula. the numbers don't work. (The Theory is good, but erronious, light is not a straight line).

Some Scientists maintain that the universe is getting colder, If that is true it must be becoming Denser, (The only material that doesn't shrink as it gets colder is water that actually expands?)

~~ED. to remove quote of the post immediately above

[edit on 10-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
www.west.net...

This is not proof of anything, its some guy who's based his theory on a National Geographic video about the oceans!

the increased density are impercivable to the life form

then how can you know any of it is true?

What proof is there that red shifted quasars and galaxies are expanding?

No one said quasars and galaxies are expanding, I said that the universe is expanding, i.e. galaxies and quasars are getting further apart.

Some Scientists maintain that the universe is getting colder, If that is true it must be becoming Denser, (The only material that doesn't shrink as it gets colder is water that actually expands?)

The universe could be getting colder because it is expanding, not becoming denser. Water only expands in a certain temperature range after a certain temperature it starts expanding again.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the signature of cmdrpaddy is true and hilarious. but seriously people, school is nothing but training. The Illuminati's form of education is much different from that true educational process. It's like Constantine putting only what he wanted the Bible to become, not what it truly is. The Illuminati doesn't care who gets the grade, they just want to make sure you learn what they have given you. Everyone, me included, has been taught and trained by them. They made the scientists. H*ll, they made science. as long as they take you away from the true reason for living, they have achieved.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by killuminatinow]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
1) Our government teaches our kids not to think for ourselves, but to think what our schools think.

we don't need no education

the system isn't perfect, but I'm the product of a public school system, and I have enough brain power to think for myself, and disagree with your assertion that the similarities are "scary"

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9

My family has no values... lol. But, Liberals do change words around... like my example of progressive. Now, liberals often want regression, or backwards change. they want things to go backwards, back to bad states of living and less freedom. Now,last time I checked, progressive means to want progress or to bring progress. There are other examples, But I'm too tired ATM to think of them.Thanks for pointing it out - I was in a hurry so I couldnt say all I wanted to.

That's funny because in Canada, the Conservative party for decades was referred to as the "Progressive Conservative Party" to give people the impression that; "We are conservatives, but not adverse to change"... because it is conservative ideology (not liberal) that is usually for maintaining the status quo, resisting change, and looking toward antiquity and tradition. It's in the very definition of the word. I don't know where you get the idea that liberals are for "backwards progress". Back during the time that people were rising up against totalitarian monarchs, it was the conservatives of the day who were fighting to keep monarch.

Not that I believe that the vast majority of modern conservatives want to have totalitarian rulers. Of course not, but it is just as absurd as when people say liberals want "less freedom". Most liberals and conservatives in western democracies value freedom very much, and both sides have an equally important voice in protecting our democracies. Some change is good, but some things are worth holding onto, and that balance in maintained by the liberal-conservative equilibrium that has existed since democracies were born.

You are worried about your schools not teaching kids to think for themselves, but that is not something that can be taught. You either do it, or you don't. Some people are intellectually lazy and prefer to get their ideas from teachers, celebrities, talking heads, politicians, media, etc... and some people prefer to ignore the herd and escape ideology. If you want to think for yourself, then that is a good place to start. Forget all the generalities you've been taught.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

"We are conservatives, but not adverse to change"

Thats quite true, just look in British history, the conservative party (in relation to Irish issues anyway), were the ones who brought in most reforms and changes to improve Irish life, when you would have expected the liberals to be much be more supportive. I could go into detail but its not really relevant and is kinda boring...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I just learned it myself last week. But your right, that way were scared to rebel and have to take it all our emotional displacements with music, movies, books and other forms of operate conditioning and our families and friends. Of chorse, even though I was a slightly above average student, I didn't believe everything I was taught, especailly in Social Studies and goverment. In science their truthful about everything but Crytozoology and Aliens, but those are just what I can validate.

And please keep Political Partisans out of this issue. B/c it affects and effects everyone. I don't care wiether or not you believe in creation or god, just don't try to imply your believes are correct on anymore posts. We don't want ppl to start stupid religious and partisan fights. B/c I was viewer here seven years b4 I got registered and they just ruined the post or made a complete Nick Carter's butt of themsleves, like Paris Hilton faked burises butt. So please, don't.

Thank, you all, I'M BACK!
HAVE A SWEET MORNING/MID-DAY/AFTERNOON/EVENING/NIGHT AND DAY! And if you can see BSB in concert, do so it's worth the $!

[edit on 4/12/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

"Who controls the past, controls the future.

Who controls the present, controls the past."

- George Orwell, 1984

It's already being done. 99% of all education is half-true, or completly untrue. "They've" succeeded in controling the present masses who don't know about the true past. Which means "they" get to do what they want in the future cuz the masses don't know about what "they've" done in the past.

The illegal and scam of the Federal Reserve

The illegal making of the IRS, and the illegal and scam of making Americans pay Income Tax.

and many, many, other examples.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm gonna be so screwed when I move out on my own, so I'm trying to legalese without a college education, due to circumstances, literally beyond my grades and my control. I highly recommend it.

So if Senator George V. or anyone has the audicity to insult a popstar who just wants to take care of the health of his fellow counrtymen and enviroment, and then allow the Universal Default Clause in Credit Cards to be legal, without any clear regualtions about how they market, advertise, and make applications. They know they shouldn't have ticked me off. Especially since I'm a BSB fan that believes in doing something, screw goverment and history class, I grew up in a family that could smell bs a mile away, so don't screw with some of us, b/c on their next album, their are a few legits. (Fans + "CTs").

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
All the schools around here are moving towards everyone wearing uniforms. The message seems to be "Conform, conform. There is nothing individual about yoursef". Pretty scary.

Not scary at all. Clothes are outward appearence. Kids tend to spend more time trying to gain acceptence than trying to learn. You could dress me in a giant carrot uniform and I'd still be me. How many kids spend more time getting ready for school than spend time in history or math class?

Going by what you say, black people should change thier color and asians should change thier eyes. Outward appearence is not what you are. What people see is not enough to judge you by. I can still wear a suit during the day and still be a criminal at night.

Also it would help less fortunate children . Thier wardrobe would cost just as much as the rich kids. If you've ever been to school in the industialized world you'd know what I'm talking about. Peer pressure is a bitch.

Fact is you can still be be asian or black, or white and still be smart. Why give the rich kid the ammo to keep the other down.

I don't know why more liberals like me don't get behind uniforms unless they felt schools were for something other than learning.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
perhaps more people dont support your arguement for uniforms because you havent explained to them why?

i used to be agianst uniforms;
until i read your wonderful reasoning

now i support uniforms

keep the rich kids at bay !!
im all for it bro

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm for uniforms. But because it saves ALL the kids TIME in the morning when they get ready for school. Instead of wasting 1-2 hours preparing, deciding, what to wear, what's the in style. All they need is 10 mins to put on a clean uniform and then go do their homework, and go to school.

American kids used to ALL wear uniforms from the early 1900's to roughly around the 1960's to 1970's. Even in public schools students wore dress shirts, dress pants, and ties, every single day. TIES!
Then the ACLU over did its job, challenging the idea that only professional educators knew what was best for school kids. And not allow any imput from parents. Parents took over many school boards.
What should've happened was the professional educators should have had meetings with parents, and make the first step first gesture, to parents to become more involved. Instead of shutting parents out all the way.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i used to be agianst uniforms;
until i read your wonderful reasoning

now i support uniforms

keep the rich kids at bay !!
im all for it bro

Well, think about it, who would be against uniforms? Goody's? Wallmart?...etc Why wouldn't a liberal be for uniforms? Like I said before, I don't care what I'm wearing at the time, I'd still let you know what I think, big carrot costume or not.

I've got a buddy who's daughter wears all the goth stuff. One day I asked her why she wore that crap and she said she wanted to be different, she wanted to be an individual. I said "That'd be all fine and dandy if she didn't look like everyone else she hung around with". I couldn't pick her out of the crowd and I'd bet no one could. She just gave me a blank stare.

Again, it's not what you wear that makes you original, it's what you think, say, paint or write.

Side note, those uniforms should be made in America and not China.

Then again don't pay no mind to me. I don't make my living with my mind, it's off the sweat of my back.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azza
I go to one of the most progressive High Schools in Australia, and its absolutely fantastic, its free dress, uncommon for Australian schools that are almost exclusively forced to wear uniforms, I did go to a School that had a uniform, but there wasn't a chance in hell I was going to wear black dress shoes when I walked to school from school and did heaps of moving around, its just not practical, needless to say that didn't sit to well with them.

As for Evolution, No one should be taught anything about Religion until their 18th birthday, when they can make up their own mind, so that it is not polluted with archaic rubbish, instead they should be immersed in Philosophy, it would make a wonderful substitute.

Everyone should deny religion, in place of philosophy it would make for a far happier world

Anytime you want to discuss religeon or philosophy, just call on me. History proves one in the same. I'm not even religious, but maybe you'r right. Try me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join