It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic fitness trends have gone extreme — literally

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I gotta know - Why do the people who do this get elected?

We all think they’re stupid because they lie about their end goals.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The intersection of extremism and fitness leans into a shared obsession with the male body, training, masculinity, testosterone, strength and competition. Physical fitness training, especially in combat sports, appeals to the far right for many reasons: fighters are trained to accept significant physical pain, to be “warriors,” and to embrace messaging around solidarity, heroism, and brotherhood.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

"Being in shape is raycis"

GTFO.

What utter trash, to read this manifesto of some effete, pampered and just completely batsh!t crazy and tone-deaf, out of sync "journalist".

Is this some kind of literary Trojan Horse offered up by China?

("The majority of Americans will do anything their media asks of them. If they're told it's raycis to work out or train or do martial arts, everyone will sigh, put down the weights, leave the dojo and morph in to marshmallow men and women. And that's when we move in")

Who knew mass formation psychosis would manifest as some kind of larg-scale hostage negotiation tactic where the media is trying to talk people out of keeping themselves fit and tough.

No, LMAO, I don't think I'll stop training because it hurts your feelings or makes you askeered.

Your goulish CiC stands up there, with all of his sycophants, talking about "Dark Winter(tm)" and "pain" ahead and all of this rhetoric about struggles up ahead.

And what....?

People are just going to pretend it's all hunk dory?

After the Great Riots of 2020 that you, the media, and your cheer leaders egged on?

No. No thank you.

I can't help you if your looting, burning and terrorizing of the populace galvanized everyone, and was a direct factor in producing a spike in arms purchases and self-defense interest.

I can't help you that you live in a majority Caucasian country. and that simple statistics dictate that when you walk into a gym or dojo in large swatshs of the country.....there are going to be quite a few white people there?

I can't help you if you have a problem with seeing in-shape, fit and confident white people. Sounds raycis to me. I'm not going to slouch off or bow my head and leave the gym/dojo to assuage your askeered-ness.

That sounds like a psychological problem. Seek help.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join