It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires.....Any biological evidence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
ID

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Korzag = Gazrok (think about it...)

Wow...yeah I didn't catch that at all, still, use the search function you mod.

As for the biological evidence, if you were referring to more then diseases with similar side-effects, i.e. physical evidence such as remains, I doubt there has been anything found that could add validity to the vampire myth. To me the myth is just too outlandish to be taken seriously without some sort of evidence; so many unproven aspects of this legend would have to be proven true in order to substantiate it.

Why do so many people begin and participate in vampire and dragon threads? It is baffling the number of people who believe in this myth or are extremely interested in researching it. To me both of them can be easily passed off (for the time being) as the end result of human paranoia and the need for answers to questions. It might just be me but there are simply so many more likely cases of cryptozoology that I cannot understand why people are so fascinated with these two in particular.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Vampires are so sexual and seductive.... dragons are simply romantic.

Either way the myths appeal to our sense of fetish.

Anne Rice made vampires pretty... I mean... Brad Pitt got to play the friggin Kindred.
-S

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
read the thread
small children prevent me from reading every thread every day so....
you would do well to read this
its about the most exhaustive, clinical and bone dry book i've ever read on the subject

www.amazon.co.uk...=1113175637/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/026-9449496-0434040

sorry, not good with hyperlinking but if you beleive in vampires after reading this
then can you lend me £1000 - i'll pay you back, honest guv

mark

Jes

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well now that we're on the subject about vampires, I really don't know if there is such thing as a blood drinking vampire but I have heard of psychic vampires. They are individuals who drain others of vital energy. They don't physically injure but you do feel very tired when they are around you while they feel good and full of energy.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Medical Illness:
Physical:
Porphyria
Rabies
Catalepsy

Mental:
It's fully possible for people to develop a personality that thinks it's a vampire.
Sexual Vampires

Social:
In some groupes drinking blood and pretending to be Vampires is acceptable.

Other:
The Vampire Myth was mostly used to scare people into not doing something; such as Witch-Craft. But, it came from people having certain diseases. Such as the ones listed above and ones such as "Porphyria" can be passed down to your children.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korzag
I know there's evidence for lycanthropy (werewolves), such as those kids in mexico what with the hair on their face and all...but what about vampires?

Any conditions that cause poity hollow teeth, light sensitive, etc.?

Any help is welcome... I tried the search, but must be doing something wrong there....

Have you seen the movie "The Others" ? The kids in there are light sensitive. I know a friend who has the same problem

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Renfield's Syndrome
There is actually a syndrome that is associated with abnormal psychology that was given the name Renfield's Syndrome derived from the Bram Stoker novel. There have been many serial killers named "Vampires" who were afflicted with this ie: The Dusseldorf Vampire Peter Kurten

Porphyria
This is some interesting information on the physical disease of Porphyria that in centuries past people who were afflicted with this disease were accused of being vampires.

King George III a historical figure who suffered from porphyria.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
there was a guy in germany..i think it was in the 1820's he used to kill people and drink there blood..it was on mugshots.com

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kittie
there was a guy in germany..i think it was in the 1820's he used to kill people and drink there blood..it was on mugshots.com

I think you are thinking of the Dusseldorf vampire. His name was Peter Kurten. He lived during the late 1800's into the 1900's.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join