It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Are there any good sites for deep information on Illuminati?? I can't find specific information on this web site. How easy do you think it is to join hehehe

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
conspiracyarchive.com... is a good site for Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I had actually had a problem with the illuminati originally. I didn't know that they existed. I had only heard about them in the context of a modern insidious conspiracy. Most websites say just about as much.

However there apparently was a group called the illuminati. Founded by a guy name Adam Weishaupt, they were suppressed by the bavarian authorities and their members scattered and apparently they never re-organized. They were Enlightenment sorts fo liberal thinkers, and apparently they weren't too different from, say, the Sons of Liberty.

Here's some info.

As far as becoming a member of the illuminati, there is a spaniard who claims to be a master mason or some such, and to have received an 'Illuminati Rite' from secret illuminati from NY. He apparently operates a 'lodge', if thats the right word, but I don't know if anyone is actually in it besides him.

Here's some more information. I notice that this site has been radically updated.

There was also a group in spain called the 'Alumbrado' that i don't know much about.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I had actually had a problem with the illuminati originally. I didn't know that they existed. I had only heard about them in the context of a modern insidious conspiracy. Most websites say just about as much.

However there apparently was a group called the illuminati. Founded by a guy name Adam Weishaupt, they were suppressed by the bavarian authorities and their members scattered and apparently they never re-organized. They were Enlightenment sorts fo liberal thinkers, and apparently they weren't too different from, say, the Sons of Liberty.

Here's some info.

As far as becoming a member of the illuminati, there is a spaniard who claims to be a master mason or some such, and to have received an 'Illuminati Rite' from secret illuminati from NY. He apparently operates a 'lodge', if thats the right word, but I don't know if anyone is actually in it besides him.

Here's some more information. I notice that this site has been radically updated.

There was also a group in spain called the 'Alumbrado' that i don't know much about.

The ALUMBRADOS are the Bavarian Illuminati. They were the same thing. "Alumbrados" means Illuminated in spanish.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is a surprise, i had thought that they were a seperate group that just happeend to have the same name.

This site notes that they are

some false mystics who appeared in Spain in the sixteenth century and claimed to have direct intercourse with God. They held that the human soul can reach such a degree of perfection that it contemplates even in the present life the essence of God and comprehends the mystery of the Trinity. All external worship, they declared, is superfluous, the reception of the sacraments useless, and sin impossible in this state of complete union with Him Who is Perfection Itself. Carnal desires may be indulged and other sinful actions committed freely without staining the soul. The highest perfection attainable by the Christian consists in the elimination of all activity, the loss of individuality, and complete absorption in God

Now, this sort of jives with weishaupt's group being also called the perfectabalists, but it doesn't mention weisthaupt and his bavarians. Is Quietism an offshoot in its later forms?

top topics

join