It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens to You if the Housing Market Crashes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bringittothelight
a reply to: Atsbhct

Maybe we shouldn’t let illegals and non Americans buy houses . I can see if you live here half the year and have a green card perhaps but we let the illegals rule out country . We needs out them all out now and maybe housing would be affordable . Also we need all new politicians who haven’t sold their souls to foreign investors. We need the illegals out they ruined our country . I’d give them a year to get out and then I’d give them the firing squad . I would take everything they have and send them back

What we need is paragraphs and sentences that don’t brutalise the English language.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Oregon coast, currently looking for a larger home (Father-in-law living with us) and a room for a nursing aid.

I'm thinking, double-wide trailer. . . damned the costs!

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What will you put everyone else in?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What will you put everyone else in?

I'll get a shed, maybe a cardboard box fort.

Those are really cool.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Those are really cool.

I teed that up so you could say 'gimp box'.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Those are really cool.

I teed that up so you could say 'gimp box'.

Didn't want to out myself.

Gimp-box is one of my talents on Linkedin.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know, I endorsed you for that skill.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

and a room for a nursing aid.

...a whole room for Gunther?

What's wrong with his old gimp box?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Where do you think I'm keeping my father-in-law?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Oregon coast, currently looking for a larger home (Father-in-law living with us) and a room for a nursing aid.

Double-wide AND double-long. The hell with it!

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I know my mother-in-law just loves playing in her derelict refrigerator, out behind the house.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I know my mother-in-law just loves playing in her derelict refrigerator, out behind the house.

Buy her roller blades. It's what we did.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No joke, lots of farmers are starting to put shipping containers in their fields... we think to house people...

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

No joke, lots of farmers are starting to put shipping containers in their fields... we think to house people...

My son-in-law converts shipping containers into houses...His business is doing quite well.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Buy her roller blades. It's what we did.

Nana would love that.
Since the Tide Pod incident, she's really just like a large wrinkly child.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Greed is in so many people and it finds all shapes and forms to express itself. Also ruins a lot chances and good deeds for others.

For example: Customer brings car, I make estimate and tell him +-200€ depends on the time and what I face not knowing now. Well there were some obstacles that are not my fault as parts were in bad shape and needed replacement and I almost crossed the +200€.

Since I am honest and personally dislike it when I cross an estimate, I at least checked the fluids and saw the brake fluid is below minimum and refilled all fluids except climate for free. I noted that on the invoice that out of goodwill in approaching the bespoken safety margin of the estimate due to unforseen complications, the fluids were refilled.

Legally I would not even be allowed to let the car leave the shop with low fluid. Accident and the guy blames me naturally I am responsible for not seeing it and providing a unsafe car can cost me my master degree and not being able to ever work in that field.

The "thank you" was non existent and that customer actually complained about not refilling oil the next time. To have to know this, he must have checked it before, SEEN that it is approaching minimum, expected me to fill up for free, like the last time. I know it's approaching minimum because I checked.

You know for sure, the next time the customer hits my place with low brake fluids I will NOT refill it for free like it's my problem but tell him he either buys a bottle at the next gas station and refills himself or officially ask me to fill it up. Otherwhise the car stays 20cm above the ground on my hydraulic lift going nowhere.

About the exact same thing with tenants. Treat others like you want to be treated, don't be entitled. The one that destroyed the property was so brazen actually that he complained about little details before moving in and they all got fixed. Two years later after pulling all tricks to avoid police and getting removed, we got him out and the result was a five digit sum in damage. On top of that zero rent for two years and lawyer costs.

He decided to discard the house and never rent out again. For sure the next tenants would have been scrutinized into oblivion, after being fooled around by that sociopath of a tenant.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My son-in-law converts shipping containers into houses...His business is doing quite well.

That is incredible.
We need some other options, creative options! I've seen some really cool shipping container houses and even pools.

Apartments, mobile homes, and condos are raking people over the coals here.
I feel especially bad for the elderly and young people starting out that have no family. They are getting priced out left and right.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I suggest getting some land outside of the area you work if the prices nearby are high. Driving in is bad I know, but living in a nice area where you can breath and save some money is ok by me. With the fakedemic over, people are going back to the office clogging the roads again. I still love my peace when I get home out in the hinter lands. Best part is we can have a decent size house for the same money as near my office.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i own my house, no mortgage. I feel for the young ones just starting out. It is a bubble. The market goes in cycle and the bubble will burst. The auto market is insane right now also. Dealers are charge $10,000 over MSRP and people are paying it. Insane. Everyone is getting pay increases also because of the shortage of employees. a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Bringittothelight

I'm not American so I don't really know how you're feeling about illegal immigration. From an outsiders perspective, it seems crazy that 3% of the population ruined an entire country that was "founded" on unbridled immigration. But I don't live there.

It seems more plausible that giant corporations and politicians worked together to exploit the U.S. population in the name of record profits. But that's my perspective. From my view, undocumented immigrants are likely a cog in the wheel that keeps things like farm labour and under the table service/construction cheap so that other Americans don't have to feel like they're the peasants. Maybe it keeps everyone from revolting against the politicians.

No our global corporations are making record profit off of them . Us Americans pay our taxes to send them and their kids to the hospital and school and welfare and housing programs and flights across the country . They drive my wage down because they don’t need permits or insurance or registration or anything . So I shouldn’t make what I deserve because illegals need money and to work so that will keep us revolting against the politicians ??? Is that what you meant ? That is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard . Honestly your views are the same views the global elite push so that we might not revolt against them for making us live next to millions of illegals in my city alone

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join