It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LSD and the WoD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've started to think that both criminals and police/judges want the WoD to continue because it pays thier salary. However, it has become apparant to me that '___' is a fairly dead drug and VERY hard to find around the country. You just can't buy it anymore. While weed, mushrooms, and various opiates are becomming easier to get.

Is there any reason why '___' is no longer being sold? I heard it was a few dead heads that spread it around the US, and when they got busted, it was pretty much over for '___'. But you would think more people would replace them.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
the main reason is the difficulty in procuring the precursors, considering theyre all illegal and must be obtained overseas. second is the difficulty and dangers involved in making the stuff, you need REAL lab experience. not to mention a full lab setup. supposidly the 'silver' family was supposed to be trying to make a comeback during 2003 but that never fleshed out, mainly i believe because either their precursor suppliers or themselves were busted.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You used to be able to buy '___' on the street legally in Berkeley before it was outlawed.

I remember as a kid my dad and I went down to the local fairgrounds to see everyone there for the Grateful Dead concert. Some people had sheets of '___', like 2'x2' in there cars displaying it. I have never seen so much acid in my life.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just a note...

Be careful on subjects like this. We have quite a few younger members and for this reason we have rule number:

16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

in the Terms & Conditions

Now, I am not sure this is really a conspiracy other than the fact that the CIA allegedly used '___' in mind-control experiments. So, continue on if you wish, but please keep from discussing how to get it, used it, make it, take it, on it, etc, etc...

Thanks much.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
Is there any reason why '___' is no longer being sold? I heard it was a few dead heads that spread it around the US, and when they got busted, it was pretty much over for '___'. But you would think more people would replace them.

It's difficult to make as it requires a true chemist with the knowledge and resources able to make the stuff correctly.

Also, '___' has no "physical addiction" side effects so the demand for it isn't one that is motivated by dependancy. The market relies upon people who enjoy a very special type of experience which comes only from hallucinogens.

Much of the '___' that has been around for a number of years now hasn't been that good either. Mostly a mixture of chemicals which produce similar effects but not true '___'-25. Since the market is not driven by addiction it will die if the product is of poor quality. The consumer simply moves to some other alternative that meets their standards or does nothing at all.

I do remember for a while there were many conspiracy tales that involved the Dead. Such as they were the Leaders of Satanic Movements and even CIA Plants used to distribute drugs to the sub-culture and youth for mind control.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by mOjOm]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It hasn't gone away, trust me, it's just more difficult to obtain
than it used to be...no big conspiracy, the silver & needlepoint
people are just being VERY careful...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yep, a recent poll found that among New Hampshire teens, '___' and Pot are the drugs of choice.
Its still common enough.

I noticed between 1994 to 1997 that heroin/coc aine/speed laced ecstacy replaced '___' as the choice rave drug, primarily because of the addictive properties of the tainted MDMA. I witnessed people spending $20 every twenty minutes for another dose of this stuff, and that sight pretty much ended all enjoyment of club culture for me.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A big producer of '___' got busted in a missle silo about 5 years ago. Their setup according to the reports I've read was big enough to easily supply enough '___' for the entire country. '___'-25 is an unstable chemical with it's precursers very hard to find. It's not like crystal-meth where anyone can get the supplies needed at Wal-Mart and it not addictive.

I dont see it making a come back as many drug addicts like drugs that numb out their sense's and most Dead Heads would agree that it does the opposite.

As far the long term side effect, I have never read a legitment thesis but I suspect doing it too much causes memory problems.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
when i saw the header i thought you were talking about wode. the substance that the celts used for the blue "paint" that they are known for. depending on how and what it is mixed with is suppost to have an effect simmiler to lsd, and to my knowledge is legal. i will warn anyone thinking of this that wode depending on how it is mixed the colouring lasts anywhere from a week to a few months something rather hard to explain lol.

i used lsd once i would strongly recomend not useing it. the effects can last 12 hours and if you have a bad trip like mine you can not stop it. you can't even sleep it off as it keeps you awake. it is unbelievable how the mind when on lsd can majorly change all perceptions, somertimes in a realy major way. far from dulling the senses it magnifies them. unfortunately it also warps them.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I would only recommend against it if you are of weak character and weak mind or in a vulnerable state of mind.

That is, if you are suicidal or homicidal or totally alienated, or in anyway shape or form easily upset about things and tend to act on that by lashing out at others.

Otherwise... I've had a lot of experience with it, and it never did me any kind of damage at all, not physicly, emotionally, or mentally. I'll just say I was glad to be done with my supply when it was gone and haven't done it since, definately a drug that one can say "Ok I've gone as far as this will take me, and I'm finished with it, what a long strange trip its been"

Contrary to what many people claim, I've never seen anything that wasn't there, heard something that didn't exist, etc. I did, however, completely overcome my skin crawling repulsion to cockroaches after capturing and observing one under a large lens during a trip.

Anyone concidering "experimenting" (after all its not a lifestyle), should read everything factual they can about it first. Do not jump in unprepared.

apc

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

A big producer of '___' got busted in a missle silo about 5 years ago.

That operation in Kansas was never actually "switched on".. It was all equipment practically there for storage.

The recent (uhm... last 2years...) decline in it's availability in the US I believe is largely due to many of the large importers to urban areas being shut down. Customs has been sealing up tight so many of the foreign sources for the precursors are unavailable. And coming across a small million dollar vacuum extraction unit anymore is well.. difficult.
The supply is still definitely there, but the proper channels have become isolated.

I have a feeling, with some of the posts, this thread will be closed soon, so Ill toss in my two cents. In my past I have seen what was not there, heard what I could not hear, known what I could not have possibly known, and realized things that today years later I am still struggling to understand.
Once you cross the line there really is no going back. If you get to the edge and aren't ready, you will be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
I would only recommend against it if you are of weak character and weak mind or in a vulnerable state of mind.

You are absolutely correct in this statement. People who aren't real secure in their perception of reality or with their perception of themselves should just not go there.

I think coming off of the tailend of the sixties, people were more prepared for altered states, and could get mystical with this sort of thing. Now, though, I think most people's attention span is just too short for a substance induced spiritial experience. There is too much superficialality, and too much facade with people in our current society for it to be a positive thing. It's all about image and very few people look attractive when they are tripping.

Then consider that someone has to make it (a complicated process I gather) rather than grow it, and its no wonder that people lean toward more available things. Law enforcement seems too occupied busting cannabis smokers to worry about hunting the '___' down. I doubt it's considered a very big problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Never used it, am not inclined to... As to its availability, wasn't there a post on this site a week or so ago about two guys that got busted with 91 pounds (!!) of "'___'"? I've heard, though it could be a myth, that each dose of acid you're caught with (or was it sell?) can potentially result in a manslaughter charge. I had friends back in highschool that only after one time on acid they experience strange light trails and/or visual effects still years later. Kinda nuts if that one poster is right that it was legal to buy back in the day, but then again until 1983 "ecstasy" was legal and sold a lot of the time at bars (albeit in smaller doses that the kids use today, though I could be wrong...) Then again ecstasy used to be used in marriage counseling and by psychiatrists a long time ago... And coc aine is still legal for certain medical or dental treatments...

I agree with the one poster who noted that there's no addiction element to '___', that could be a reason it's no longer sold. I doubt cops and or judges care much about '___' in regard to the War on Drugs. People on drugs like meth or coc aine or pcp can do some ridiculously unpredictable stuff (just watch an episode of cops if even just to see the crazy stuff people do - and that's just the stuff they can show on tv) and I'm SURE the last thing a cop wants to do is run into a guy hopped up on meth, whether he has a weapon or not. Since drug laws are too soft in this country, I doubt judges want it to continue only because it "pays their salaries." Certain types of dogs are considered "deadly weapons", so why can't people heavily under the influence of certain drugs be, themselves, considered "deadly weapons"?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Pickard And Apperson Sentenced On '___' Charges
Largest '___' Lab Seizure In DEA History

William J. Renton, Jr., Special Agent in Charge of the St. Louis Division, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and United States Attorney Eric Melgren announced today that William Leonard Pickard, 58, Mill Valley, California, and Clyde Apperson, 48, Sunnyvale, California, were sentenced this afternoon by U.S. District Judge Richard D. Rogers. Pickard was sentenced to life imprisonment without parole. Apperson was sentenced to 30 years imprisonment without parole.

Melgren stated that according to court testimony, this was the single largest seizure of an operable '___' lab in the history of the Drug Enforcement Administration. DEA agents seized approximately 41.3 kilograms (90.86 pounds) of '___', approximately 97.5 kilograms (214.5 pounds) of lysergic acid, a precursor to '___', approximately 23.6 kilograms (51.92 pounds) of iso-'___', a by-product from the manufacture of '___' and 19 kilograms (41.8 pounds) of ergocristine, a precursor to '___' with the ability to create an additional 12.4 kilograms (27.28 pounds of '___'.

Further trial evidence established that in the history of DEA there have only been four seizures of complete '___' labs and three of these seizures involved Pickard and Apperson including a lab in Mountainview, California in 1998, a lab in Oregon in 1996, and this lab in Wamego, Kansas.
www.dea.gov...

I think that last part pretty much answers the question of why it's not as abundant as it used to be.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have talked with some guys from the West Coast of the US who are super liberal, like refuse to buy a car and ride a bike everywhere because they do not want to pay for gas and that was before prices skyrocketed. Anyway they are all convinced that '___' and pot are illegal and the consequences of getting busted are high because those drugs promote free-thinking and the government doesn't like thinkers. The other drugs people routinly get away with trafficing and selling because they just rat someone out who is in the drug game who they dont like and drugged up zombies are easier to control than free-thinkers. Thats just some left winged hippies view on the WoD.

I like '___' and mescaline(peyote) as recreational drugs. Though I have only tried them a handful of times, I have always had a good time and at the end of the experienced realize what I need to do to progress and was always completly over the drug scene at the end. I had access to these drugs in high school at the same time esctacy was incredibly popular. I never did that stuff because everyone who was into it said it was the best feeling ever and I didnt not want to take some pill to feel good. Those same people said they hated '___' because it made them have uncontrollable unpleasant thoughts and it lasted way too long for them.

I have never heard anything about someone being charged with manslaughter for possesion of '___' but I have heard from some ignorant people that people have been getting manslaughter for possesion of fresh picked mushrooms from Florida's cattlelands.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by jrod]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
they are all convinced that '___' and pot are illegal and the consequences of getting busted are high because those drugs promote free-thinking and the government doesn't like thinkers.

Actually, although now I realise I didn't say that, this is what I was looking for. Because the CIA and the gov (Bush) have trafficked Heroin, and other opiates while leaving other drugs alone.

The fact that it requires a million dollar+ lab is also information I wasn't aware of.

Anyways, thnks for answering my question!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Mmmm.....the lack of '___' isnt just a North American issue, Ive wondered often, over the last 15 years, whether they just forgot how to make it.

With one notable, and quite beautiful (man the night sky.....), experience each and every tab has been some hideous wannabe speed mixed with whatever.....essentially I gave up, no longer trusting the market

Abrasive, foreign and totally NOT the "real thing". No thanks.

I've always considered that while we wonder at it all, they actually are winning the drug war.....drugs are expensive, often piss-weak and, as noted here, leaning towards the meth/crack/smack families.

If the WoD was about removal of quality drugs, choice, freedom, curiosity, imagination, debate and the flooding of our countries with cheap braindeath drugs, then they already have.

Drugs were about creativity, spirit and cultural revolation once upon a time - now they are about getting "wasted" and, with exstacy, a sex toy (Ok, Ill buy that one).

WoD? All over - the drugs largely suck.

Im tempted to say conservative, combative government = kids with a sad view of a goodtime.

Enjoy your meth, check your brain at the door.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
anyone knows Timothy Leary? he done some resarch on '___', and use for "Higher Intelligence"

"Timothy Francis Leary (October 22, 1920 – May 31, 1996) was an American writer, psychologist, and drug campaigner. He is most famous as a proponent of the therapeutic and spiritual benefits of '___'. During the 1960s, he coined and popularized the catch phrase "Turn on, tune in, drop out."

read the full article on Wikipedia:
Timothy Leary

I am really curious about the fact, that the official website of Leary is offline since I know that this site exist?? (about over a half year) does anyone have info on this?

Official Timothy Leary Website

thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Free and legal alternatives have scooped up large portions of the market. Mainly LSA, which can be obtained by any wannabe chemist. The precursors are all included in the seeds, no need to go tampering with too much.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is funny as one of me and my closest friends were just recetly discussing this.

I and others in California have noticed the decline in the market since the 80's (of course it wasn't the 60's but hey what was).

Now of course I am more apt to believe that this is due to a combination of factors, the decline however is not dismissable.

Does the rise of MDMA have anything at all to do with it? Could the fact that the great CIA social experiment of the 60's is over? Could it be due to the rise in availability of harder, cheaper drugs? Could it be that the precursors are growing harder and harder to get?

I honestly do not know , but I do believe it's a combination of many factors already mentioned, and perhaps some not .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join