It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SOUL is more important than LIFE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
One of the biggest gaps in understanding between those who accept / know reincarnation is true vs those who reject it, is the idea of the SOUL.

In Western religions / thought the idea is you live once then you end (atheist) or go to heaven/hell/God/Jesus/whatever (Most people don't bother to think about what / where is heaven/hell much).

This incomplete understanding then causes these folks to overvalue LIFE. Whereas our Creators value the SOUL more importantly. Not to say LIFE isn't important, but there is an over-emphasis on it, rather then the health of the SOUL.

Those who accept a SOUL exists, make the mistake of thinking it's an endless process "until you get it right" (Then not bothering to change much the state of their own soul) or of course, only think about it in superficial terms - which often results in an overvaluing of LIFE.

So, the SOUL is more important then LIFE, but how one can improve / diminish the state of their SOUL via any individual LIFE should not be marginalized.

In COVID times "If it saves one LIFE!" is bandied about. Or "SaveLives." Stupid slogans which frankly make me want to shoot some folks.

Or medicine - "trying to save a LIFE at all costs" -- gives no regard to how that saved life might affect the state of their SOUL.

Same as in WAR. And/or other past events with mass loss of life. We overvalue/worship DEAD folks from the past - not realizing that all those folks have or will shortly be reborn.

Of course, many don't bother to think about what a SOUL is, what carries over, and what does not. But that's another story.

Ok, I'm bored and just wanted to type a little.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

This is the third reference to life vs spirit I've encountered recently. The others were about not fearing death, which would seem to indicate one placed higher importance on soul or spirit.

I have no idea.

We give names to things. Soul, spirit, energy. I don't know which, if any, are accurate.

Maybe the clumsy grunting and groaning we turned into scratches on paper are insufficient to the task? Maybe the truth is beyond our perception. That leaves us with faith assuming we decide that spirit, soul, or energy, are the core of our essence.

I'm okay with not knowing because I have faith. Not faith in any specific named god or the words of men, but simple faith that all "is" as it is "meant" to be. Every day you're in the middle of the story, it's incomplete. We exist in a tiny sliver of a vast temporal expanse and it's all I can do to keep up. Right now is more than most people can handle, five minutes into the future would be a dazzling tangle of probabilities and 5 days an impossible knot of shifting threads. I don't mean that we should give up and stop trying or stop questioning, but that we shouldn't spend too much time questioning the next part of the story. We should be happy we're still in the story and engage those parts that nourish us.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

This is the third reference to life vs spirit I've encountered recently. The others were about not fearing death, which would seem to indicate one placed higher importance on soul or spirit.

I have no idea

We give names to things. Soul, spirit, energy. I don't know which, if any, are accurate.

Maybe the clumsy grunting and groaning we turned into scratches on paper are insufficient to the task? Maybe the truth is beyond our perception. That leaves us with faith assuming we decide that spirit, soul, or energy, are the core of our essence.

I'm okay with not knowing because I have faith. Not faith in any specific named god or the words of men, but simple faith that all "is" as it is "meant" to be. Every day you're in the middle of the story, it's incomplete. We exist in a tiny sliver of a vast temporal expanse and it's all I can do to keep up. Right now is more than most people can handle, five minutes into the future would be a dazzling tangle of probabilities and 5 days an impossible knot of shifting threads. I don't mean that we should give up and stop trying or stop questioning, but that we shouldn't spend too much time questioning the next part of the story. We should be happy we're still in the story and engage those parts that nourish us.

Some might call that being in the now.
Namaste
edit on 3/12/2022 by americanbuffalo1 because: phones suck for this

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
But what if 'they' did in fact managed to imprison our souls, offer a reincarnation route, supposedly for ever increasing growth, but they just want to keep your soul in a physical body reincarnated in this fake world so they can keep extracting the infinite energy of the soul-energy-consciousness.

Equally plausible, since nobody knows the truth, there are many, many possibilities...

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Karma is what gives the reincarnation process it's fairness and the ability to purify the soul through experiences during it's lifetimes. I realize we are supposed to embrace life and meet our challenges in order to progress, but right now the world has me wishing we didn't have to keep coming back. The looming dystopia is difficult to ignore.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I have no idea

Some might call that being in the now.
Namaste

I can drive straight to my destination when I have to, but I often do detours to pick folks up on the way.

Perhaps I got caught up in the moment?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This experience regardless of how real you view it is but a very intense fantasy. This world , regardless of how intense it may feel, is not real. Most will not be a bore to expertise it that way which is fine. To each their own, is your reality, ultimately. You have created it within a world of this who have lost that ability. The truth remains within along with the ability to spiral beings the game.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
One of the biggest gaps in understanding between those who accept / know reincarnation is true vs those who reject it, is the idea of the SOUL.
In Western religions / thought the idea is you live once then you end (atheist) or go to heaven/hell/God/Jesus/whatever (Most people don't bother to think about what / where is heaven/hell much).

This incomplete understanding then causes these folks to overvalue LIFE. Whereas our Creators value the SOUL more importantly. Not to say LIFE isn't important, but there is an over-emphasis on it, rather then the health of the SOUL.

Those who accept a SOUL exists, make the mistake of thinking it's an endless process "until you get it right" (Then not bothering to change much the state of their own soul) or of course, only think about it in superficial terms - which often results in an overvaluing of LIFE.

So, the SOUL is more important then LIFE, but how one can improve / diminish the state of their SOUL via any individual LIFE should not be marginalized.

In COVID times "If it saves one LIFE!" is bandied about. Or "SaveLives." Stupid slogans which frankly make me want to shoot some folks.

Or medicine - "trying to save a LIFE at all costs" -- gives no regard to how that saved life might affect the state of their SOUL.

Same as in WAR. And/or other past events with mass loss of life. We overvalue/worship DEAD folks from the past - not realizing that all those folks have or will shortly be reborn.

Of course, many don't bother to think about what a SOUL is, what carries over, and what does not. But that's another story.

Ok, I'm bored and just wanted to type a little.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: starshift
This experience regardless of how real you view it is but a very intense fantasy. .. This world , regardless of how intense it may feel, is not real. Most will not be a bore to expertise it that way which is fine. To each their own, is your reality, ultimately. You have created it within a world of this who have lost that ability. The truth remains within along with the ability to spiral beings the game.

link   

originally posted by: starshift
This experience regardless of how real you view it is but a very intense fantasy. This world , regardless of how intense it may feel, is not real... Most will not be a bore to expertise it that way which is fine. To each their own, is your reality, ultimately. You have created it within a world of this who have lost that ability. The truth remains within along with the ability to spiral beings the game.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Karma is what gives the reincarnation process it's fairness and the ability to purify the soul through experiences during it's lifetimes... I realize we are supposed to embrace life and meet our challenges in order to progress, but right now the world has me wishing we didn't have to keep coming back. The looming dystopia is difficult to ignore.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Karma is what gives the reincarnation process it's fairness and the ability to purify the soul through experiences during it's lifetimes... I realize we are supposed to embrace life and meet our challenges in order to progress, but right now the world has me wishing we didn't have to keep coming back. The looming dystopia is difficult to ignore.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Through depopulation and bio-hacking human DNA, I am starting to believe TPTB are actually trying to shut down the capability of the great soul recycling and refining capacity of this planet.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   

One of the biggest mysteries...is that the "soul" is life...itself. There is no soul. WE are all..."soul". Life. One exists now without the other!

The soul eternal...means "life" itself. See?!!

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The Hebrew word NEPHESH covers them both.
I have a thread about it; Soul and spirit

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
I feel you. Have you considered time may not be necessary playing a linear role in this, if we consider reincarnation karma etc.?

Without focusing on the God part too much, have you heard of the following concept it is a tale we like to tell in our family, for some perspective, regardless how told, the core is always the same:

Someone dies and suddenly God appears. The one is speechless first but God only nods and says it's time to go back. And the deceased asks, "wait what? No heaven?" and God smiles and says: "No, you need to learn, so when and where shall your next lesson begin?". Confused, the deceased asks "When??". And God answers: "Yes, when. How about Egypt 3000 years ago?".

In disbelieve, the deceased asks "What sense does this makes and where are all the other souls, can they choose too?" God replies: "You are all these souls. Everything good or bad you ever did in your life. Everyone you helped or hurt, it was always you doing it to yourself. Just in different lifes."

Baffled, the deceased asks for the reason to do this and God simply replies: "To grow and be like me* one day"

*this has a different, deeper meaning, it's not about becoming a God or religion at all. The concept God is relative as it represents also the concept of harmony, balance and foresight. The way I translated it might not transfer this very well.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Ive been reading up on George Harrisons (The Beatles) life and beliefs.

In the end of his life and 1/2 way thru it...he embraced how to die the right way in songs he wrote:

The Art of Dying
All things must Pass
Within you Without You

He was not concerned with living. But the pure way to die (transcend, rebirth, reincarnate)

To continue life's "flow" in a positive way
edit on 03222331America/ChicagoSun, 13 Mar 2022 12:46:23 -050046202200000023 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join