It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really won the 'Nam war?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Also, I can not stand those people who say "We were not in a war with Vietnam, it was just a conflict."

Right on. At first it was a Police Action and then a conflict. Sad that 60,000 young men died for a conflict and vast more wounded and plagued with PTSD as well as problems from Napalm and and Agent Orange exposure...

Yeah...that was a conflict.....my arse.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The Thin Green Line

Originally posted by Zabilgy
Right on. At first it was a Police Action and then a conflict.

The whole "police action" business was typical of the Johnson Administration's ambiguous and dishonest portrayal of the war.

It is also an example of some of the piss poor propaganda efforts that ultimately led to U.S. defeat.

Making My Point

For those who may doubt my assertion that the U.S. lost the Vietnam War on the propaganda front, can anyone name a major battle during that war that was actually lost on military terms by the U.S.?

The answer to that question says it all.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The US did lose the war, by their own admission.

The stated goals were not met: Keeping South Vietnam non-communist.

Did they lose? Yes.

Did the North Vietnam win? They got the foreigners out, which was their goal, so yes. BUT...

They lost 3.4 million citizens - or some similar number. Hardly a clean win.

The Vietnam War, was, in many ways a Civil War that many other nations got caught in the middle of.

The Chinese, the French and the Americans all fought and lost in Vietnam.

And by the way...This is not the only war the the United States lost. That is a myth.

<< 1  2   >>

join