It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mostly erased history of Gods work in Egypt before the Exodus of the Hebrews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We all know the Exodus account which took place in about 1267 BC. If you are not familiar with this, stop here and pick up a Bible and read the book of Exodus. Also, how are you not familiar with this since 70% of the planets population now is of a faith which teaches it. Now there are some interesting facts about the exodus account known to all Abrahamic faiths.

In the book of Exodus 1:22, we see the following order given by Pharaoh. “Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: ‘Every Hebrew boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live.’”

This is a population thinning tactic utilizing an early form of abortion or infanticide, same thing. Honestly this decree goes as far as to effectively be genocide as a population can not continue on without male offspring. This is idiotic as if you want to thin a population of slaves, wouldn’t you want to keep the males? Unless of course the Egyptians had use for the females.

After Pharaoh had ordered all the first-born male babies to be killed a woman named Jochebed looked for a way to save her new-born son. She hid him in a basket made of reeds and left him on the river bed, knowing that the Pharaoh's daughter went to that spot to bathe. Of course the plan worked and she found him and the boy was raised as an Egyptian Prince.

Eventually Moses murdered a slave driver and skipped town and found a group of Cu#es to live with where he met his wife, Zipporah. We then see that God told Moses to return to Egypt to demand that the Hebrews are freed from slavery in the pagan nation.

But do you know what happened years before the Hebrew Exodus? This is not in the Bible, but I feel that the history here is important.

Famously, Sigmund Freud argued that Moses had been an Atenist priest of Akhenaten and Ahmed Osman claims that Moses was Akhenaten. However the numbers simply don’t line up. For one, the Israelites entered into slavery in Egypt in 1697 BC, or 430 years before the Exodus, so if anything Akhenaten could have learned of monotheism from his Hebrew slaves. However the likelihood of a Pharaoh converting to the religion of his slaves is unlikely. Secondly, Moses was born 11 years before Akhenaten’s death, and left Egypt at the old age of 80, or 69 years after Akhenaten’s death. I’ll explain, and then show you the connection that is there.

Amenhotep III reigned from 1391 BC until his death in 1353 BC. I will argue that this is the Pharaoh who ordered the murder of Hebrew children in the year 1347 BC. This Pharoah was strongly aligned with the cult of Amen, with his very name meaning “Amun is Satisfied”.

It’s important to note that the cult of Amun was big at this time. The Amun priesthood was receiving a huge cut of money from the Egyptian government, and held a lot of power.

In the year 1380 BC a boy named Amenhotep IV was born in Egypt, with the name still meaning “Amun is satisfied”. As he grew he would have seen the Hebrew slaves turning butter against the Egyptian masters around the time which he took command of Egypt. If anything was copied, it could be argued that over time, he would hear of monotheism from comments overheard by slave drivers.

Amenhotep IV changed his name to Akhenaten, meaning “Effective for the God of Light” abandoning his old god, in fact all but one god, and he reigned from 1353 to 1336 BC. This is where his importance to this article comes in. He claimed that the deity called Aten, was the only true god over all other false gods and was not only the god of Egypt but all the world. Further more, Aten was not technically the Sun but the light that sustains the Earth.

Akhenaten wanted to convert everyone to worship the only true god, the god of Light. As a Christian, this sounds good to me. Granted some of the specifics of his religious views were a bit off. Akhenaten went as far as to have the plural aspects of the Egyptian word for “the gods” removed to simply read “the god” in carvings all over Egypt, and destroyed statues of other gods. The priesthood of Amun was beyond upset with this as it was all out war on their religion, and their livelihood.

An entirely new city Akhetaton, meaning “Horizon of the Light”, was built to honor this god where no temples to other gods had been made. This was to be the new capital and was between about 1347 and 1332 BC. The city was abandoned only 3 years after Akhenaten’s death because it was a miserable place to live and relied on heavy infrastructure to keep the city running, but the desert location was attractive for many spiritual people as the light and heat represent purity and distance from the darkness. This was a symbol of holiness. And I may be reading to much into this, but the city plan resembles the temple of Solomon in my opinion.

Unfortunately, Akhenaten died in 1336 BC, before convincing all of Egypt to convert to a monotheistic faith. His death is of an unknown cause. What we do know is that his mummy shows signs of damage, likely done after his death. Additionally, obscure references appear to show a history of experiencing heat stroke a number of times. He was succeeded by Smenkhkare until 1334 BC, and then Neferneferuaten until 1332 BC. It was a rough few years for Egypt.

Shortly after this Amarna Period, the record of Akhenaten’s reign and the changes he made are almost entirely erased by the next Pharaoh, one you have likely heard of, Tutankhamun or King Tut as he is now known. Tut's reign lasted until 1323 BC and he was succeeded by old-man Ay who was already 60 years old and reigned until 1319 BC. Then they had Horemheb until 1292, and Ramesses I filled in until 1290 BC. Next is Seti I until 1279 BC. Now I have Rameses II, who reigned until 1213 BC.

Early in Rameses II reign it the accounts of the exodus happened as recorded in scripture. Just a generation ago the Egyptian leadership has the sons of the Hebrews killed in the waters of a river in Egypt, and now the sons of that generation will drown (or be crushed by) the waters of the Red Sea. The Hebrews we’re mistreated by the Egyptians, and now they are free and the Egyptians must do their own work. The leadership was offered a chance to be God's people and it was ultimately rejected by the nation. Was thr offer of salvation to a world power God's original plan? Was Egypt supposed to be the new Israel? Maybe, but now we will never know, as that’s not how history played out. Given that this offer of worship to the one true God was rejected by Egypt, the Hebrews we’re extracted to settle elsewhere in a new land of plenty.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Read the book of Genesis and you will know what happens prior to the Exodus.

In the beginning.....

a reply to: Jeremiah33three

edit on 26-2-2022 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

In the beginning.....

Yeah, from Israel's perspective. However God is the God of the world, and I'm pointing out that he offered his covenant to a world power and it was rejected, so God saved those who be could.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Joseph in Egypt.

The Red Sea Crossing and the alter of the golden calf and the blackened topped mountain and the split stone from which water gushed and the camp of the Israelites.

What did Ron Wyatt do different to the funded archaeologists, he followed the bible itself.

Another mountain was once claimed as the mountain of God were Moses (Moshe) went up and received the first tablets of the ten commandments only to come down and find the Israelites had turned to worshipping a golden calf but while it does have Foot markings scratched into the rocks which were believed to be a sign made by the Israelites and a possible ruined twelve pillared alter it is in the wrong place BUT is likely a place that the Israelites may have stopped during there wandering in the desert until the sinful generation had passed away, among other carvings are a possible representation of the tablets of the ten commandments scratched into the surface of a boulder.

Though confused with the REAL Mount Sinai which I believe is the mountain Ron Wyatt believed it was this is still further proof of the Israelites and likely of there wandering in the desert after there disobedience at the foot of the REAL mount Sinai.

But it will continue to be used by those that claim the Sea or Reeds theory is the real one despite the ample evidence that they choose to ignore which say's they are wrong.

edit on 26-2-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremiah33three

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

In the beginning.....

Yeah, from Israel's perspective. However God is the God of the world, and I'm pointing out that he offered his covenant to a world power and it was rejected, so God saved those who be could.

He has his plan for Egypt, he saved them after a fashion though they were idolaters and HE hardened pharaoh's heart, one day the Egyptians would be blessed as the safe place were Jesus was taken to avoid Herod's men and also as one of the First country's to become fully Christian as many of those smashed statues in Egypt were NOT smashed by the later Muslim invaders but rather by early Coptic Christians in a revolution during which they overthrew the pagan temples, destroyed the idols and relics and turned there nation into a Christian state.

Christian miracles still happen there to this day such as this.

The Apparition at Zeitoun was of the Virgin Mary and she BOWED continuously before the cross to tell people to worship the Lord, she healed even a blind elderly Muslim man and did not discriminate (a Sin I am most definitely guilty of may the lord forgive me), both Christians and Muslims and even non believers saw her, it as at a time when Christians were being persecuted and there president did not like the Christian minority but he too saw it and changed, the persecution diminished afterwards and famously when extremists were targeting Christian church's the Islamic people joined hands to surround the Christian church during the time there Christian neighbours were praying in the church to protect them from the misguided.

God has his plan, yes he DID give the Egyptians the chance to change (that they will know that 'I am' the LORD) but he also hardened the pharaoh's heart however how many Egyptians are actually unknowingly descended from Jacob?, God has his plan he NEVER fail's.

edit on 26-2-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is far more related to other subjects but he does go over some interesting points from the old testament and the mysteriously destroyed ruins of what was once the capital of Egypt which appears to have been utterly destroyed and burned, they left there treasure there so that suggests the occupants were killed he points out other facts.

In the old testament the city was Memphis and God said he would destroy it pretty much as it was apparently destroyed.

Still this is an anecdotal addition, you may or may not see any relevance but it is interesting and shows that God did as he said he would.

edit on 1-3-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join