It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any American Against Guns Now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If Ukraine didn't open your eyes I don't know what will.

Ukraine had a wonky gun policy, 10 per 100 people.

They were passing them on Wednesday, a dollar short a day late!

Maybe the world sees us (Americans) as gun toting nuts, and that is OK by me as long as we're never like this!⬇

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's hardly going to terrify Putin! Ukrainian civilians train with WOODEN assault rifles in bizarre defence exercises as fears grow of Russian invasion

PS. Interesting article from the Dailymail - UK owned company..........from a country with some of the strictest gun laws

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You'll still have the "if there were no guns there would be no war" types.

Remember- people are dumb.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Same as the "if everyone had food and shelter there would be no violent crime" types

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

They can have the wooden weapons then.
Too many people not living in reality these days.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
To most people, I think a far more effective argument for guns is how the district attorneys in many of our cities have essentially decided to let the criminals do what that want. When the police arrest a robber, for the third or fourth time, and he's still back on the street in hours, that makes a pretty solid argument for just shooting the bastard and letting God judge him.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm sure there are. If there's one thing we don't have a shortage of, its idiots. Speaking of idiots, you'd think that the last two days would have the rest of Europe re-thinking its gun control and self-defense policies, but we all know that's not going to happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
To most people, I think a far more effective argument for guns is how the district attorneys in many of our cities have essentially decided to let the criminals do what that want. When the police arrest a robber, for the third or fourth time, and he's still back on the street in hours, that makes a pretty solid argument for just shooting the bastard and letting God judge him.

Amen to that!

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's more like they believe this will prove their point.
All of these citizens with guns will fail miserably to stop the Russian army.

Of course they will also fail to realize that this is an invading foreign army and not one made of their own citizens.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Never mind. I think I initially misunderstood your post.
edit on 25-2-2022 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
OP has a good point though the old ''hack'' that comes to my mind is the movie line that went something like ''you brought a knife to a gun fight??''

My question here is ''you brought a gun to a missile, rocket, tank, super sonic jet and bomb fight??''

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Lots of people will say this and that about caliber and different classifications of auto, semi-auto and bolt action…

But I think a friend of mine that was a deputy sheriff summed it up best: No one yet has volunteered to stand down range while he shot a .22 gun of any sort at them. Not even a single shot, break action breach loader that will take a .22 short.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Anyone who makes this ridiculous argument knows nothing about guerrilla warfare.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Have you been keeping up with the left?

Liberals are now pro-gun, pro-military, and pro-war.

Can’t make this # up! 🤣

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Considering that they usually start wars, Dems have always been pro-war.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Maybe the world sees us (Americans) as gun toting nuts, and that is OK by me as long as we're never like this!⬇

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's hardly going to terrify Putin! Ukrainian civilians train with WOODEN assault rifles in bizarre defence exercises as fears grow of Russian invasion

PS. Interesting article from the Dailymail - UK owned company..........from a country with some of the strictest gun laws

Canada has funky gun laws and hardly any guns, too, and look at them right now. Coward Canadian Mounties are like the brown shirts.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Then here is another ridiculous statement for you. Got a problem with guerrilla warfare, drop a bomb on the neighborhood where the guerrillas are fighting. Got a problem with guerrillas fighting with their guns from inside of a building? Drive a Russian tank in and blow the entire building to smithereens. That's what little I know about guerrilla warfare.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Any American Against Guns Now?

Not me...I gave my significant other a sweet little Glock and Roses 43x for valentines Day. The perfect piece for handbag or concealment.

We're not worried about invading forces but the invading local marauders when the shtf.
Or on the off chance it gets real bad, perhaps we will be the marauders and take our chances.

It'll be fun, you'll see....

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The best part is some media outlets now applauding armed citizen soldiers in Ukraine, while attacking such a concept in the US historically.

Ukrainian grandma buys "powerful hunting rifle" to defend country

edit on 25-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Liberals are now pro-gun, pro-military, and pro-war.

Liberals?

Have you seen this?
www.msn.com...

edit on 25-2-2022 by olaru12 because: check it Brenda

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: imitator

Considering that they usually start wars, Dems have always been pro-war.

Both Republicans and Democrats have started or supported wars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join