It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think twice before you post a new topic...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We have an huge amount of forums (on different subjects) here. Please, think twice before you post a new topic. Ask your self if the subject falls under the forum you are posting it in and post it only if it's in the appropiate one.

So new topics that are about some tv show or abduction, government or orbs cannot fall under the science & technology forum for example.

If you fail to do this. The topic will be moved to the appropiate forum. (And you will receive a u2u about where it has been moved and also a virtual kick in the behind
).

Ps: I'm not always here to do that...

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Bandit

Good policy.

Even more than that, I can count at least 10 posts a week which relate to exactly the same topic or article as was just posted, same day or day before.

Sometimes, the original topic has moved off the Today's Posts under the weight of new Topics.

Other times, the author of a Topic has made it look so tangential to the contents, that someone who doesn't bother opening and reading that 'old' Topic might assume that they themselves are originating a new topic, even though it has been sitting on the forum a few hours.

I would support the addition of some accurate Posting Guidelines to the 'Rules and Regulations' and having them sit in the Menu Bar that starts with 'Member List'.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
*So is it safe to say, this particular post is totally unrelated to science and technology?*

Perhaps, when virtually bitching people out you should asume the role of example?? Or maybe this falls under the "do as I say, not as I do.." saying?

Anyway, I'm only kidding witcha, I agree that we often place unrelated subjects in unrelated topics, whether we're new here or old school..

It would help if we had to option to move or delete our own threads..I'm kinda old and my eyes seem to deceive me sometimes, when I meant to click paranormal, but accidentally clicked religion..or perhaps some subjets could relate to three areas of the board and it's up to you to decide which better fits?? But someone else sees it fits better elsewhere..

I'll try to heed your gripes though Bandit

Mag

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
what if I think twice -- it's still crap -- and i post anyway

do you have some way of counting how many fecking times I think?

I post what I like and I like what I post.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
yes magestica i have thoght about that and I too would like to be able to move or delete my own threads

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
yeah -- i'd like to move and delete the threads of other people too -- when will that feature kickin?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
they would never let us move or delete other peoples threads (thats a moderaters job) just our own threads

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

It would help if we had to option to move or delete our own threads..I'm kinda old and my eyes seem to deceive me sometimes, when I meant to click paranormal, but accidentally clicked religion..or perhaps some subjets could relate to three areas of the board and it's up to you to decide which better fits?? But someone else sees it fits better elsewhere..

Don't worry, if a subject fits in different places, it'll probably stay where it has been posted. But if one of the mods see that the subject relates more to another forum than the one it has been posted in, he or she will probably move it.

But, the real reason I posted this is to remind ppl where to post their topics. I don't know but the other mods... But I'm as lazy as a sloth
. And it's annoying to have to move posts all the time... (anyway, just kidding 'bout the sloth & annoying thing).

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I imagine that can get painful for repeat offenders.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Another thing that really makes me mad is when people post something unrelated in a topic, trying to advertise their topic. There should be a rule against that too.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Let's see...What if everyone that wishes to post a new thread run a forum-search for an already-existing thread on the same subject matter? If the subject already exists, then the search will direct the poster to see what was already written. If someone doesn't follow this policy, simply delete it & send a U2U as to the reason for deleting the post.

Instead of using a U2U to tell someone that their thread has been moved to an approriate Topic, how about using the U2U to tell them that the new thread has been *deleted*? Wouldn't that tend to encourage people to think about where they're posting before they actually post it?

This way, people will tend to think of posting here as being something akin to an old military adage: There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
MD is a redundant-topic assassin with a sense of purpose.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
...Since coming here to ATS, my main target has been to assassinate ignorance...But redundant posting could be categorized under ignorance, if a poster doesn't bother to check out existing threads...

...Thank God I'm not a Mod here, huh?

...And before anybody asks; No, I won't become one....

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
MidnightDStroyer.
I very seldom see you here but sir, your words hark great wisdom.....

May the "assassin" live long and prosper....

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join