It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Aliens are Bankrupting America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A devastating article in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons assays the medical costs, direct and indirect, of illegal aliens to the American public. In “Illegal Aliens and American Medicine,” Madeleine Pelner Cosman, a medical lawyer who formerly taught at the City University of New York, analyzes the staggering burdens imposed by the Emergency Treatment and Active Labor Act, which requires that illegal aliens must be treated at hospital emergency rooms for virtually any complaint; as a result, emergency rooms in California and elsewhere are being bankrupted (see “Free Treatment for Illegal Aliens Bankrupting L.A.’s Emergency Rooms,” TOH, Aug. 27, 2004). Pelner shows that alien crime is a prominent source of emergency room visits, and that a variety of contagious diseases, including tuberculosis and leprosy (7,000 cases of which have been reported in the past seven years) are flourishing in America today due to Third World immigration. Pointing out that, thanks to the automatic citizenship conferred on any infant born in the United States, its family effectively receives permanent residency, and thus access to additional medical welfare, the author calls for ending citizenship for “anchor babies,” and goes on to advocate closing our borders, cracking down on aiding and abetting illegals, and granting no new amnesties. Cosman’s important and densely referenced article ends with words not recently to be found in U.S. academic journals: “As we fight to reclaim medicine, so we defend our nation.”

www.jpands.org...

The hospital situation is just the tip of the "iceberg". Other social service will follow suit such as schools and pensions systems, libraries , public safety etc. Third world immigration is a cancer that will consume a healthy body without recourse. They are costing the jail and prison systems millions of dollars too. It's time to wake up. Mexico won't have to invade us. They will bankrupt us then walk right in.

mod edit: fixed bbcode tags

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I agree that illegal aliens are a major problem to our economy, but that they are Bankrupting American well, we are heading that path but is not from illegal aliens but more due to the bad decision regarding our economy with our growing deficit, that has nothing to do with Illegal aliens.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
They are bankrupting hospitals, soon prisons. They live 20 to a household, do not pay taxes (usually) and send most of thier money home to Mexico. They are not spending their money here.

It's a giagantic problem and the US is just standing back and watching it happen. Our Schools have to employ 2 teachers - One english speaking and one Spanish speaking. Where's the money going to come from?

9 years ago In Colorado the State was 18% hispanic. It's is not 68%. That should say something.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I live in GA and the migrant workers I have got to know them very well working with their children, sometimes the cir#ances of the way they get into our country is just very sad.

I worked before with a lawyer and that is when I reallized how many of them are abuse here by unscurpuous employeers.

I believe we have a problem with them, I know things about the way they buy their identities.

Who can you blame when most of the manual work in the fields is done by them because not American wants to do it.

Here in GA without them the farming industry would not be able to survive.

Also I have see the way in which the crime rates has gone up when they move into neighborhoods.

Is hard to filter the hard working from the vermin that will always comes attach to them.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Living in CA, I have to agree with Maui. Sorry, but I just can't feel sorry enough for their circumstances to give them a pass for breaking U.S. law as their first official act in this country. Taxpaying citizens are leaving CA to be replaced by non-paying illegals. Do the math and figure out what will (is?) happening to the economy here. Who is going to pay for local/state government and services like fixing the roads and paying the police and firemen?

Somebody has to do something about this if the federal government won't. Maybe these vigilantes will serve as a wakeup call to Bush. Something needs to.

P.S. to Marg6043 - liked you better with longer hair, but the rest is

[edit on 3/30/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Somebody has to do something about this if the federal government won't. Maybe these vigilantes will serve as a wakeup call to Bush. Something needs to.

P.S. to Marg6043 - liked you better with longer hair

Amen to that centurion great response, I might add.

As long as we have so many illegals coming in and paying no taxes can only deplete more of the governments resources. I.E., No one pays taxes the government can not pay its debts and that is down right wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Rush limbaugh and Michael Savage have been screaming about this for years. Republicans and Democrats have both sold us down the river.

Two weeks after we conservatives voted in President Bush, he came out with his crazy "amensty" plan......Bush stabbed us in the back on immigration. Both parties have.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yep, the administration's stance (or lack of one
) on immigration along with the not-quite-so-covert push toward a theocracy by the far right is pushing me a lot farther away from the Republicans.

Doesn't mean I'm being pushed into the arms of the Democrats though...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The government has kept out of this because they enoy the cheap labor. And this even goes to a personal level. How many politicians have we heard about having an illegal as a housmaid, or gardner?

top topics

join