It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldskool Rave 2021 style :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When I was a teen I was jamming to Thunderdome.. I had their CD´s

Now I am more into lofi techno stuff

Like this:

Quite a change

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Ok prepare to dance ya t#ts off

edit on 000000p2804America/Chicago215202222 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

I think you miss understood, it's what ravers used to say to each other when meeting on a night out, then forget who they were 3 seconds later lol.

Excellent mix, i enjoyed it just as much the second time, brings back good memories of the old care-free days

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Excellent thread! I was going to parties in Detroit in the late nineties. The underground was awesome. It was such an adventure getting these elaborate flyers that had no location info, just a phone number. It was like hearing the future at these parties. I’ll post some tracks and mixes when I get a chance.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's got the feel of an old Basement Records kind of thing going.
Not what I expected.....

When I saw Nasty Rhythm I immediately thought of Creative Thieves and Sashas MFI mix (and remembered PKA Let me hear you say yeah - Bass bins at dawn).

Still can't do videos on this phone but if we're having a trip down memory lane, dot forget Edge records 001, Return of Nookie - Sound of Music, and Digital Domain - I need relief.

Just for good measure, Rabbit City 009 , Force Mass Motion - Psycosis EP......five tracks.....pick one, any one, can't go wrong.

Nice thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

you certainly mentioned some classics there, have you been looking at my vinyl collection

and finish on a high, perhaps you might recognise someone

peace

n-joi

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Got enough of my own .

Went to Shelleys from 1990 til the close then went to Kinetic for a while. The Orbit up at Morley was a great place.
Prefer techno really. After the early rave days and everything splitting into different scenes like drum n bass, happy hardcore, gabba etc.
The Orbit had a nice blend of "proper" trance and harder but more intelligent techno .

Got my first pair of decks in early 91 and played at various diy parties of our own and was on a residents rota at a university night. Did a few clubs, too, but nothing major.

I have seen a few old videos of people I knew or saw around but generally avoided getting filmed myself. You could always see the guy doing the videos at Shelleys because the camera had a white light on it.
Saw Shades of Rhythm a few times and N-joi, Altern8, Shamen, Orbital, Sub Sub, got various tapes with shout outs for me on.

Best night was Universe Tribal Gathering in the techno tent with Sven Vath, CJ Bolland, Laurent Garnier, Tanith, Dave Angel, Daz Saund etc....
Still got most of those on disc copied from the original tapes.

Also went to the infamous new years eve all nighter at Littlecote House , Fantazia. It wasn't as bad as some said .
Festival raves were always pretty messy. Notable and memorable being the Avon Free Festival with the hippy fire engine and massive searchlight and the Treworgy Tree Festival which was utterly chaotic but marvellous fun.

Good times.
edit on 1522022 by Tulpa because: Correction

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 12:51 AM
link   
There’s a rave style record shop in Seattle called “Selector” the whole shop is mostly techno and electronic records. The owner has a giant box of old rave flyers going back to the early 90’s. Super cool shop, worth a visit if you’re in Seattle. I used to go to these parties in the 90’s, tons of fun!

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   

QUALITY TUNEAGE !

Nice one brother.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   
DJ Dero - Do The Rave Stomp

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
From 88-95 The uk was pumping out music.
Now know as oldschool hardcore.
It is and will always be my main music, F#;k Times we live in now.

My mix. I added a video instead of a static pic.

PROPER SET!

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

Just out of interest....did you ever see a DJ called Full Effects at Kinetic?
Manchester guy. His sets were some of my favourite back around 92/93.
Gave him a blank tape one night and really had no expectations of getting it back, I was just being cheeky.
Couple of weeks later he gave it me back in the bar at Kinetic and he'd done me a perfect home mix with some of the best tunes I've ever heard.
Absolute legend!

Still listen to it now from time to time. I think he still plays but under the name Johnny Abstract.

...and, just for fun, do you know a track called Help by Tony Ronald from 1971?
That should have a familiar sound to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gilbertmorry

Thread drift?

Did he post some Death Metal or R&B, worse yet Country!

P.S.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

And for your listening/stomping pleasure , might I suggest ....

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

Ok prepare to dance ya t#ts off

Speaking of ACEN, finally got to see him live after all these years ....

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Madviking
The rave scene and underground are nothing today like they were in the 90's. The old school rave scene lasted until about 2002 or so, as it was dying.

originally posted by: musicismagic
this sh%t sucks these days.

Its making a huge comeback though

September this year ...

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join