It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update - HONKENING Our Way to Freedom. The Saga Continues. Its GROWENING.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: MykeNukem

Question, and it's serious even though it's sarcastic and somewhat derogatory.

If Trudeau sends in Dudley Do-Right and Crew, and the provenances send in theirs, and can't clear them out, do you think he'll send in the military?

Me I kinda think he would. He strikes me as the type that doesn't like people usurping his authority.

Sarcastic and derogatory, ok I'm in....

I don't think he will in Ottawa, now the International Crossing is another story. I do think he might try that there.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That would show the world the protestors are right.

Do you think he will do that?

I'm not sure he is willing and or able to admit he is wrong, being a public figure.

It would also show public health orders are wrong, which would be a devastating blow to so many interests.

I suspect his mantra is more like this.

youtu.be...
edit on 12-2-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: MykeNukem

Don't take my drivel too serious (hence the lighhearted comment) I was just pulling your leg while weaving this into my post.

I just had to bring it up, because as I wrote, Canadian Truckers show how it's done. Not burning down cities and erecting CHADs and what not.

It was a good suggestion, not drivel. Criticism doesn't bother me, I'm not out here pretending I know what I'm doing.

I'm learning as I go with the video crap, I'm just thankful that everyone has been patient enough to continue the journey with me.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The overall sentiment remains unchanged, and it's not just Canadians who feel this way.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing! Love this country!

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Always liked the look of US trucks more than the European one, where the cabin is sitting on the motor and can be tilted away to the front as a whole.

Those are called "cabovers" and while there are a few left, they went out of style pretty quick here. There are three things "wrong" with a cabover:
  • Everything a trucker owns is in that sleeper; it is literally his home. So if he needs to take a look at the motor for any reason, everything he owns is going to get shoved sideways. Just imagine your house having to be turned on it's side every few days.

• If there's a wreck, you're the first one there. There's literally nothing between you and the crash.

• When bob-tailing (no trailer), a cabover is extremely unbalanced. Hit the brakes too hard, and you can find yourself staring at pavement through the windshield.
There is one advantage to the cabover, and that is wheelbase. Shorter wheelbases mean they have a much tighter turning radius for small, winding roads. A cabover can go places a traditional truck cannot. That's probably why they are still used in Europe. The cabover design is still used here in yard dogs (specialized small tractors used to tow trailers around in warehouse locations only) because they can spin on a dime.

I know almost no drivers who would drive a cabover here. They're just too dangerous. Most would just quit and find another company with traditional trucks... I know I would.

The "curved" design (slope-nose) is actually a sort of "cross-breed" between the long nose (traditional) truck and the cab-over. The motor is set back toward the cab, but still not directly under it. That way the length is shortened and yet the cab is still behind the motor and does not tilt forward. Freightshaker (Freightliner) pioneered this design in their fleet trucks, and the others have caught on as well. You can still buy a long-nose, but more and more owner-ops are choosing the slope-nose design. It's just easier to maneuver.

But yeah, certainly there will be shortages because of the protesting truckers. That's the only lever they have.

Oh, I know. It's a small price to pay for

FREEDOM!

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Check out the new thread section, there is a thread that strengthens your arguments about it being Convoy related, your friends trouble.

What you write makes a lot of sense with the cabover and curvy roads, indeed. Also maintenance. I have to disagree with you on one thing, probably because there are still differences in US and European cabovers we are both not aware of:

These cabovers can not flip to the front anymore when breaking hard without a trailer. The motor and tranny is sitting very flat and the cabin is light, it also is sitting on rubber domes with linkage, dampers and coils. You can see that when they brake, the cabin dives in a bit, releasing the energy into the rubber domes instead of forming a lever over the front wheels.

Here, I found out how these things are called this is how it looks like:
LKW Fahrerhausdämpfer

Very interesting post you wrote, much appreciated.

edit on 12.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: ..dampers and coils

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Thanks for sharing! Love this country!

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

I dont expect the supply chain to improve, the economy will get worse.
edit on 12-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join