It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa governor announces end of Covid disaster

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Iowa Governor Kim Reynold's has announced an end to the covid restrictions in her state starting Feb. 15th.

She will shut down all vaccination and case count websites and reallocate covid disaster funds .

Reynolds said in her statement Thursday that she will allow the current proclamation to expire on Feb. 15 at 11:59 p.m. She said it's time to reallocate state resources.

"We cannot continue to suspend duly enacted laws and treat COVID-19 as a public health emergency indefinitely," Reynolds said in a statement. "After two years, it’s no longer feasible or necessary. The flu and other infectious illnesses are part of our everyday lives, and coronavirus can be managed similarly."

The narrative is collapsing.

In Iowa only 794 people in the whole state are hospitalized and only 109 patients in the ICU with 54 on vents.

I believe we will be seeing a domino effect and many other states will follow

But of course the dems are mad .

The Iowa Democratic Party also criticized the governor's decision.

"Just because Kim Reynolds wants the pandemic to be over, doesn't mean it's over for Iowans," the party said in a statement. "Our doctors, nurses and caregivers are already stretched thin, and this irresponsible decision will make a bad situation much worse."

www.desmoinesregister.com... ron/6653655001/
edit on 6-2-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

"Domino effect...." My thoughts exactly. It only takes one...or a few to start the ball rolling. The real sad things here are all the after effects - as in the people so permanently brainwashed that they can't get off the Covid19 mandation train and the damages done to people and quality of life due to the mandates and false sense of security in the form of safety.

edit on 6-2-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

She's not a money-grubbing selfish cold-hearted ignorant moron, like Illinois J.B. Pritzker, right next door to Iowa.

Congratulations Iowans!

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Kim is good people. A small town girl with small town values.
Her family is awesome too. Very popular in our neck of the woods.
She's working on ending state income tax too.
It's out of control and killing growth.
Gannet owned Des Moines Register, not so much.
Absolute democratic propaganda arm.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The Iowa Democratic Party also criticized the governor's decision.

"Just because Kim Reynolds wants the pandemic to be over, doesn't mean it's over for Iowans," the party said in a statement. "Our doctors, nurses and caregivers are already stretched thin, and this irresponsible decision will make a bad situation much worse."

I'm going to hazard a guess that when the mandates are dropped there will be a lot of healthcare workers who refused to be part of an experiment eligible to come back to work.

Covid isn't going away, and even Dr, Flip-Flop admits we'll have to learn to live with it. Some of us are going to die, vaxed or not, but the whole country can't keep self-destructing with these mandates and lockdowns.

Washington state has some of the most restrictive policies in the nation, and they're the only state that still has rising covid numbers; the rest of the states are all in decline.

If they stopped testing people who have no symptoms, or those who only have a runny nose I bet statistics would show the worst of the crisis is far behind us now.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Good for her, saying it like it is and doing something about it!!

Yes, it is time to move on from covid and deal with it, as we all have for all other infectious illnesses, like the flu

Let the healthcare workers who left their jobs over the forced vaccine mandate come back to work.
That alone would ease the staff shortage that was caused by the mandate

Time for us to move on, pick up the pieces and deal with the aftermath

Sure there will be those who are permanently brainwashed about this whole fiasco, living in fear, but for the rest of us it would be nice to get back to normalcy, whatever that is these days.

Hopefully more states will follow her lead

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I'm not sure healthcare workers can come back.
AFAIK, the CMS mandate is still in effect and any facility that accepts Medicare/Medicaid payments must abide by that mandate.
I hope I am wrong, or missed something.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Except she seems to pander to who has her in the pocket.

Covid =we have to value our economy over our safety.

Marijuana = we have to value our safety over our economy.

Ever since her DUI charge, she has been a stiff. No one would have ever gotten in her position with that if it wasn't for pulling strings somewhere. And since she's an alcoholic she thinks any other vice, deemed better than alcohol should stay out of iowa!

I'm from Des Moines. She's a hack, just like Branstad before her.

Although, I will give her props for standing down on this covid nonsense!

a reply to: Mandroid7

edit on 6-2-2022 by inflaymes because: added stuff

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
While it is great news, Iowa will be punished...it’s gonna take a whole lot more then this to stir up anything among the sleeping. We need 30 governors to do this, TODAY! Now, I must go write to Abbott to support Iowa...DONE!

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
She's right, it's time to move on from this #. We can still use precautions and folks need to use common sense. A mass majority have and are living free. I don't agree with how she handled everything Covid but this I can agree with.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sad part is that they will stop tracking info.. so I wont be able to say the vaxxes arent working.. but whatevs. currently 45 percent of people in hospital are fully vaxxed.

scroll down to see age breakout

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: inflaymes

Yeah, I'm from there too.
I know her family, Brandstads and Culvers.
Getting an owi in Iowa doesn't exactly make you a drunk.
There's literally not much else to do there.
I was at a graduation party with her last summer, she did not drink.
Your weed comparison is pretty stupid.
The legalization stuff has destroyed quality and price.
Get over your one topic opinion.
There's more to life than getting baked.
She is much better than Brandstache.
Did you miss her currently working to end income tax in Iowa?
Oh, yeah, but weed
Lmao, get real pal

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Get bent with ASSUMING! I don't really smoke weed as I hold a class A CDL and work for the state. I just think she panders to who controls her. Go ahead and like her, but the majority think she's a #.

Also, I've been on here longer than you. I don't need to comment on every post like a "look at me now, I'm important" twit.

a reply to: Mandroid7

edit on 8-2-2022 by inflaymes because: blah

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   
also, there's plenty to do besides drink, in Iowa. way to write off her past drunken shenanigans!

reply to: Mandroid7

new topics

top topics

join