It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 500 more Agents on the way to AZ Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Federal officials said Tuesday that more than 500 additional border agents will be assigned to beef up patrols along the Arizona-Mexico border. The announcement was made just two days before about 1,000 civilian volunteers, calling themselves "the Minuteman Project," are to begin their own month long patrols for immigrants crossing the border. U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Robert C. Bonner and Border Patrol Chief Michael C. Aguilar will announce the exact number of new agents and additional border security measures this afternoon during a news briefing in Tucson.

news.yahoo.com
The Homeland Security Department will assign more than 500 additional patrol agents to the porous Arizona border, saying they will help keep potential terrorists and illegal immigrants from entering the country, The Associated Press has learned.

The border buildup was to be announced Wednesday — two days before civilian volunteers with the so-called Minuteman Project begin a monthlong Arizona patrol against immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico line.

About 155 agents will be immediately sent to Arizona, according to department officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the buildup was not yet announced. More than 370 additional agents — all new trainees — will be permanently assigned to the Arizona border throughout the year.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this just a coincidence that the government is acting on this now, or is the government finally listening to the demands of American individuals?

Some news sources claim that 700 new agents were being added, however to error on the side of caution, I have listed only 500 since that appears to be the number used by the majority of those reporting this story.

Personally, I do not think this is a coincidence. I think it was done on purpose because of the Minuteman Project, who now claim they may have up to 2000 volunteers rather then the original 1000.

One thing is for sure April may prove to be a very interesting month along the Arizona Border.

Related News Links:
www.azcentral.com
www.signonsandiego.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/30/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Does the State of Arizona patrol the border, or is it only federal agents?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I do not know. According the the story above, I would assume they are federal employees i.e., ICE.

I have on occasion read where some local police forces have given aid when asked though.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Border Patrol (Customs and Border Protection) is part of the Department of Homeland Security, so yes. For a while, Arizona National Guard was assisting, after 9/11, but that stopped last year, I believe.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wonder how many "minutemen" will be arrested with the new beefed up border patrol? I have a feeling that the new additions are not meant for protecting the border, but rather to clamp down on the citizens that want to stop the illegal immigration. Hopefully, I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
An example of the citizens giving up on waiting for the federal government to do its job.

Washington is to busy wh*ring for corporate America to spend the relatively small amount it would take to secure our southern border.

I would like to think this kick in the head will have the Feds finally doing their actual jobs, but i suspect these new hires are just here to cause problems for American citizens and will keep the flow of illegals coming for corporate America.

PS. note how ALL the new hires are going to Arizona.
If they were there to actually secure the border they would be stationed in ALL the border states. They ARE just there to cause problems for the concerned citizens of Arizona.

Shame on you Washington. AGAIN.

additional thought:
I wonder if this could turn into a shooting war between the Feds and the citizens of Arizona?
Im cheering for the citizens of Arizona!
Arizona will start the revolution.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by slank]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

PS. note how ALL the new hires are going to Arizona.
If they were there to actually secure the border they would be stationed in ALL the border states. They ARE just there to cause problems for the concerned citizens of Arizona.

additional thought:
I wonder if this could turn into a shooting war between the Feds and the citizens of Arizona?
Im cheering for the citizens of Arizona!
Arizona will start the revolution.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by slank]

Sending them to all states would not be right. You have to send them to the most vulnerable stretch and in this case it is Arizona since 51% of all illegals cross the border threre.

The 370-mile Arizona border is considered the most vulnerable stretch of the 2,000-mile southern border. Of the 1.1 million illegal immigrants caught by the Border Patrol last year, 51 percent crossed into the country at the Arizona border.

Source

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
How long before Minuteman volunteers shoot each other mistaking them as illegals I wonder.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Possibly the new agents are being sent to Arizonia border out of shame and maybe for show.... personally, I think they are spying on the minutemen.???

News report... this morning..(cnndaybreak), said government officials are watching the minutemen..... Hope all goes well for these volunteers....they had the guts to do what Washington wouldn't.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Who are these "agents" Government agents? I hope so. The news in Arizona almost makes them seem like vigilantes or something...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
dgtempe

The news keeps refering to the minutemen as vigilantes...but they are not. The agents are the new feds hired to patrol the border. ICE.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn

The news keeps refering to the minutemen as vigilantes...but they are not.

Correct and from the looks of their SOP they have no tolerance for any contact or use of fire arms.

www.minutemanproject.com...

[edit on 3/31/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I understood that only a few of the members would have guns. Most of them are just going to report when they see an illegal crossing. Leave it to the media to twist this out of proportion.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Lou Dobbs reported that the Mexicans are sending 1000 soldiers to be stationed on the Mexican side of the border. He also said that Fox is going to prosecute anyone detaining Mexicans on the US side of the border. Who the # does he think he is?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Lou Dobbs reported that the Mexicans are sending 1000 soldiers to be stationed on the Mexican side of the border. He also said that Fox is going to prosecute anyone detaining Mexicans on the US side of the border. Who the # does he think he is?

I watched Lou Dobbs but I guess I missed that part. I did here the mention of 1000 troops but not the part where he stated he would arrest anyone.

Indeed, I would also say who the hell does he think he is, if he did in fact say that.

BTW what did you think of the other segments on TN and automatic citizenship for those born to illegal aliens in the US?

[edit on 3/31/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Shots, Lou Dobbs is replayed every night around 11 pm or so. I will try to watch to make sure that I did not misquote on what Fox said.

I do not agree that if you are born on US soil that you should become a US citizen. If your parents are illegal and just passing through so to say why should their child become a US citizen just by being born here. Yesterday on dobbs he said that something like 2 out of 3 babies born in a county in either Texas or Arizona was an illegal. None of the illegals had to pay for the delivery of the babies but legal US citizens have to. We should just make mexico part of America. the 51 state. We already subsidise Mexico anyway. Over one million Mexicans work for US companies in Mexico and up to 10 to 20 million in the US. (10 to 20 is an estimate) We pay for the health care the illegals recieve in this country. the fact is that illegals are costing American citizens alot of money that could be spent on its own citizens.

God bless the minutemen for bringing this issue to the forefront.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Shots, Lou Dobbs is replayed every night around 11 pm or so. I will try to watch to make sure that I did not misquote on what Fox said.

I do not agree that if you are born on US soil that you should become a US citizen. If your parents are illegal and just passing through so to say why should their child become a US citizen just by being born here. Yesterday on dobbs he said that something like 2 out of 3 babies born in a county in either Texas or Arizona was an illegal. None of the illegals had to pay for the delivery of the babies but legal US citizens have to. We should just make mexico part of America. the 51 state. We already subsidise Mexico anyway. Over one million Mexicans work for US companies in Mexico and up to 10 to 20 million in the US. (10 to 20 is an estimate) We pay for the health care the illegals recieve in this country. the fact is that illegals are costing American citizens alot of money that could be spent on its own citizens.

God bless the minutemen for bringing this issue to the forefront.

Thanks for the repeat info I was not aware it aired twice. It is on at 10 CST will try and stay awake

As for making them the 51st state, no way. Any fool knows that is what they want. After all many of their sites claim they are out to reclaim the US even though a large portion was paid for in cash years ago.

I too agree with you on what the Minuteman are doing, it is about time someone stood up to the government.

new topics

top topics

join