It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is Alice Cooper's Birthday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There's only one Alice Cooper and today Alice's alter ego Vincent Furnier (
) turns 74.

Have a very happy birthday Alice , I'm sure the lucky folks in Cherokee, North Carolina will get a very special show tonight.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
There's only one Alice Cooper and today Alice's alter ego Vincent Furnier (
) turns 74.

Have a very happy birthday Alice , I'm sure the lucky folks in Cherokee, North Carolina will get a very special show tonight.

Damn

Lines form on my face and hands
Im 74 and I don't know what I want
it took me 74 years to get this far
Im 74 and I like it.

Not gonna lie

"Im 18" was my personal anthem from about ages 17-22

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Crazy little child was a great song.

The cardboard box that the album came in looked cool but didn't last long.

Happy birthday Crazy old guy!

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Saw him live twice in the late 80's/early 90's I think.....he was great, pure theatre.

But can't help thinking I wish I'd seen him back in the day when it was more about music and less about his stage persona etc.

edit on 4/2/22 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I saw Alice a few times in concert. It was a blast. He seldom performs my favorite of his live though...

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Happy Birthday Vince!

Rock on, golf well.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Vincent Price doing a lead-in for Alice Cooper .
It didn't get any better than that .

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Saw him live twice in the late 80's/early 90's I think.....he was great, pure theatre.

But can't help thinking I wish I'd seen him back in the day when it was more about music and less about his stage persona etc.

Think I read somewhere that he was a little dismayed because he knew he and his band were really good but wasn't drawing as some of his contemporaries were.

My understanding is that he is a helluva businessman and a decent golfer.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Happy birthday!

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just now listened to the Coop, long may he live, be he dead or alive (slow Renfield laugh, heee, heee, heee).

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Word. First concert I ever attended.

Also, just saw him last year at a music festival, too, and he was fantastic. His sound is a lot phatter now, too. I got some pretty rad videos.

Still has great theatrics, stage dec....and the beheading.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Think I read somewhere that he was a little dismayed because he knew he and his band were really good but wasn't drawing as some of his contemporaries were.

I've seen a few videos of his early(ish) live performances and they sound excellent, a lot better than most of the bands I know from around that time.
I imagine that would be incredibly frustrating and annoying.

His recorded material from that time is up there with the best of its genre.

He's certainly made a lot of money.
Whilst he's obviously had a really good time and enjoyed his life to the full I also think he hasn't taken many unnecessary risks with his money and invested it more wisely than many in similar positions.

I think it'd be relatively easy to get your handicap down when you have a large bank account, that much time on your hands and that much sunshine!

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: putnam6

I've seen a few videos of his early(ish) live performances and they sound excellent, a lot better than most of the bands I know from around that time.
I imagine that would be incredibly frustrating and annoying.

His recorded material from that time is up there with the best of its genre.

He's certainly made a lot of money.
Whilst he's obviously had a really good time and enjoyed his life to the full I also think he hasn't taken many unnecessary risks with his money and invested it more wisely than many in similar positions.

I think it'd be relatively easy to get your handicap down when you have a large bank account, that much time on your hands and that much sunshine!

Im going to have to explore his complete catalog, likely a whole lot of really good artists and bands got overshadowed in the '60s and '70s. Still finding out about bands from then I knew nothing about or haven't even heard their music. While Im no expert or anything I dig all kinds of rock and really even its early influences. A lot of them I dismissed in my youth, Im coming back to and saying they are really pretty good.

new topics

top topics

join