It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Columbia FOI Reveals Less Hospitalizations During Covid Than Pre-pandemic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I found this posted online and thought I'd share it as I find the decline in hospitalizations for the first year of the pandemic, 2020, to be very interesting.

Some numbers will certainly be lower as people were in lockdown, therefore less people on the roads to be involved in accidents, less doing risky sports, less surgeries etc. Having a breakdown of what these numbers were hospitalized for would go a long way to see where the impact of covid came in, however it does put the hospitals and media on the spot over their claims that the hospitals were overwhelmed when there were approximately 30000 less hospitalizations in the first year of the pandemic. ICU hospitalizations were down by about a thousand but that is where we should have seen a rise. Non-ICU cases could simply be less surgeries and accidents.

In British Columbia the government freedom of information gives the figure of 461022 hospitalizatons for 2019/2020 versus 431822 for 2020/2021. Of these, 40536 were ICU for 2019/2020 versus 39160 for 2020/2021. The fiscal year runs march to march. So these numbers aren't a huge difference but never in the life of me would I have thought a pandemic year should lower these figures, though I'm sure the government and it's minions will pat themselves on the back for a job well done with their mandates.

Can't wait to see the stats for the next year.

BC Gov. FOI Page

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It's been a manufactured "crisis" from the get go.

More and more people are waking up to see that and there will be no return to normal because it wasn't normal before.
More see through the lies we've been sold and we see the liars for what they are.
edit on 1-2-2022 by starshift because: Edit

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There are a lot of baby boomers on the chopping block, that means that lots more of the population was at risk of any disease because of the high number of old people that any virus or infectious disease could kill. Good timing on this pandemic I suppose, anyone with a brain can see that if there are a high amount of people that are going to die shortly it would be a good time to promote a disease as dangerous.

This virus is bad for old people, it is just that we have a real lot of old people in our country now...well, not nearly as many now as there was two years ago. That should be increasing the years till the social security runs out since so many old people kicked the bucket...but they probably borrowed money out of the social security fund to help pay for the pandemic...oh wait, they already took most of that years ago. Must be getting dementia, it slipped my mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Well, they weren't allowing a lot of the regular run-of-the-mill stuff to come into the hospitals. I suspect people didn't want anything to do with going to the Covid central infection pit (see Hospital) either during the pandemic unless they were literally on the ground dying. I wouldn't show up for high bp, dehydration, etc like I might have normally.

So, these statistics will probably be out of whack due to many factors.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   

This will only "prove" that covid hospital protocols do not allow the same congestion and the Healthcare system is clearly overwhelmed.

You can try and point at this as some kind of proof of anything but if it gets any traction, it will be used to illustrate the opposite.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We traded 40 year-old car accident victims (they were on lockdown) for Covid-19 hospitalizations.

That's why doctors made people Covid-19 positive, even when they were not. More money received. Money that offset the decline in revenue from fewer "normal" hospitalizations.

When you view it all from the standpoint of revenue/income/profits being priority #1, the logic and pattern is EASY to see and understand.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is from British Columbia. It's a public Healthcare system. So I don't know who would directly benefit from bloated reports leading to additional funding.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KorosStrohna

Well, they weren't allowing a lot of the regular run-of-the-mill stuff to come into the hospitals. I suspect people didn't want anything to do with going to the Covid central infection pit (see Hospital) either during the pandemic unless they were literally on the ground dying. I wouldn't show up for high bp, dehydration, etc like I might have normally.

So, these statistics will probably be out of whack due to many factors.

Totally agree. I had what felt like a heart attack about this time last year and no way would I go to the hospital, or even doctor to check up on it, especially since we hardly have any doctors left around here. Heart did weird stuff for about a month, real bad one night and a week later it was fine. Well, it/I felt fine. Who knows.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

This will only "prove" that covid hospital protocols do not allow the same congestion and the Healthcare system is clearly overwhelmed.

You can try and point at this as some kind of proof of anything but if it gets any traction, it will be used to illustrate the opposite.

Everything seems to be inverted these days. I don't have the medical background to prove anything with this just that my idea of a pandemic was a little more like Monty Python's "Bring out your dead" and not my "I know two people who got mild covid and that's it." Individual results may vary but I don't see a serious pandemic needing all the advertising that our canadian government has been doing. I just expected it to be higher than previous years.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
a reply to: carewemust

This is from British Columbia. It's a public Healthcare system. So I don't know who would directly benefit from bloated reports leading to additional funding.

I suspect that's info that may yet come out. It's got to be financially benefitting someone, somewhere in BC.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
That last bit Ricky!

Did you have a Biden moment?

Jks. But a serious issue you raise in that post, have pension funds truly been ransacked?

a reply to: rickymouse

new topics

top topics

join