It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The omicron subvariant is more contagious, but vaxed are less likely to spread it, study finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

You’d have to laugh if the whole situation weren’t so horrifically sh!t.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How do they know? They call it the stealth variant because it's really hard to tell apart from omicron which is why they call it stealth omicron.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Yep they are full of crap, here in our base with 100% jabbed, they are calling everyday positive with covid.

Soo much for the reliable jabs.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

No it's stealth because it is stealthy and evades the immune response elicited from the vaccines. Like a stealth bomber.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They don't work. My boss just went out yesterday with covid. She's fully vaxed and boosted.

I guess we'll find out which is better (vaxed versus natural immunity) shortly because I've been in close contact with her (sharing an office) for about 4 days now.

My brothers family is also fully vaxed. They all came down with covid. Two of my sisters are fully vaxed. They also came down with covid.

So, I'm not basing my opinion (and that's all it is) on just one scenario.

I'm the only one that isn't vaxed and.... I'm not sick yet. Let's see what happens.

Thanks,
blend

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Unless you have gotten Covid recently (specifically unless you got Omicron) your 'natural immunity' won't work either.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: blend57

Unless you have gotten Covid recently (specifically unless you got Omicron) your 'natural immunity' won't work either.

Not entirely accurate. Natural immunity targets multiple points on the virus. The vaccines target one very specific spike protein. Those will absolutely do nothing vs omicron.

It might be possible and is certainly likely that natural immunity would provide some potential benefit. Not as robust as it would be vs the strains it originally developed from, but potentially some defense.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think it will work just fine. I've been highly exposed to the virus now (via my family and my work). Let's see what is what.

If I get sick .... I'll post it in this thread. Not a big deal either way to me so I have no problems doing so.

After all the mandates, quarantines, masking, and such that hasn't stopped the virus yet ( big surprise)...

I'm willing to give good old mother nature and natural immunity a shot.

Should be interesting to see what happens if nothing else...

Thanks,
blend

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join