It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

generation 'throw away'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I saw the movie ROBOTS recently and it realy hit home that this new generation is being forced to throw away everything rather than fix it!
It seems that all products are not made to last and there is no spare parts, and if there is you are told it will be more expensive to repare it than buy a new one. How can we stop this? I know cheap labour has alot to do with it, yet as much as you try to buy well known expensive brandname products the same thing happens. Is this senario connected to revelations? I would like to hear others thoughts on this, as it seems not just the material things in life are being thrown away but values, traditions, and family is going out the door with it!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by orion_452
It seems that all products are not made to last and there is no spare parts, and if there is you are told it will be more expensive to repare it than buy a new one.

Humanity is advancing its technology at a rapid rate so things get surpassed and replaced faster than ever. Companies don't see the point in making things to last if there only going to get thrown away in the near future.

Welcome

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Welcome to the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!

The problem with most is they will not throw away things that need to be.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
well thanks for your input, I still think we are the sheep being guided to the slaughter here! If technology is advancing why is each new 'upgrade' leaving us with a dud product that breaks down usually just after the warrenty expires! I had a microwave oven that had just passed its warrenty and the lead light display went which really makes it quite a useless product. I was told by an upmarket repairer that this is now very common especially with this 'well known' brand, he suggested that they might be pre-programing products to only last this long. Once again I was told that to repair it would cost more than buying a new one! And that this is now what these companys seem to count on- 'repeat purchases'

new topics

top topics

join