It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supply shortages on everything!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Limits have been reintroduced here as the nation is swept by supply shortages!
Meats, long life goods including dry goods and canned foods.
They are saying this is because of trucker fleets being sick with Covid and having to isolate but i seriously think this is the beginning of the Ad blu crisis. Australia has ran out of Urea which means trucks cannot be on the road as usual, delivering to the entire country. I am going to have to buy an entire cow and have it slaughtered, I really don't need 600 kilos of beef but better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it? besides I can can jar some of it up and also make jerky which I can store long term!
I went to the supermarket today and the shelves had been stripped bare! Not a single chicken breast in sight, I manged to get a whole roast chicken that I'll be butchering myself. I have a cyclone stockpile of dried goods and canned foods, never thought I'd need a whole beef carcass! to make it through a year.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What is urea and AdBlue, and why does a worldwide shortage threaten Australia’s supply chain?

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 24-1-2022 by callyrox69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: callyrox69

We've no such shortages here in Detroit/Windsor.

Meat quality....has even gotten better. Well stocked...higher prices tho...
edit on 01221531America/ChicagoMon, 24 Jan 2022 08:25:15 -060025202200000015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I live right outside of NYC and I haven't had issues getting anything I want, mostly because I don't shop at supermarkets and instead use purveyors who locally source.

edit on 24-1-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Well there's shortages in PLENTY of other US places, including just a few hours south in Indiana/Ohio. It's happening I've never seen anything like it in the USA.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

it must not be real then.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Well there's shortages in PLENTY of other US places, including just a few hours south in Indiana/Ohio. It's happening I've never seen anything like it in the USA.

There are some items missing from the shelves here in Indiana. Pasta of every type was pretty much gone at Walmart and frozen potatoes as well. All they had yesterday was shredded hash browns. Both of those items have been hit and miss for he last month. Other food items have been sold out too but not as consistently.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

A new market opened around 5 days ago; about 4 blocks from where I live downtown. None of its shelves are empty however the prices wow! So...either the product is not in a store or the prices are too high.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Same in SW Ontario. Full shelves. Meat is expensive but there's good prices on canned goods (89 cents for a can of beans), cheese is on sale for the same price as always ($4 for 500g), greek yogurt expensive ($5 for 500g), walnuts on sale (2 kg for $9), granola is cheap ($5 for 900g), rice/potatoes/pasta dirt cheap as ever.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I know we're experiencing shortages in Canada but not in my area. They started off and on quite awhile ago.

The price increases are noticeable where I am though.

We got truckers Rollin down the Trans Canada as we speak....with big signs that say:

Youre the man, Jennifer

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ann Arbor For close to a year, there's been hit-miss product issues at some stores. Our local chain, Busch's, never a supply issue. Higher prices, but that's normal for them. Their meats are locally sourced but national products are stocked.

National chains (WM) there's been restrictions on items but it rolls depending on which item is short. One week it's rice, the next Chicken. NO veggie shortages ever.

Online, constant shortages from cat food to clothing to electronics.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: callyrox69
What is urea and AdBlue, and why does a worldwide shortage threaten Australia’s supply chain?

www.theguardian.com...

Deisel exhaust fluid

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We're pretty well stocked in our Florida grocery store...although prices going up fast on meat.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I live right outside of NYC and I haven't had issues getting anything I want, mostly because I don't shop at supermarkets and instead use purveyors who locally source.

Some of us peons don’t have purveyors! 🤑

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

In Jersey...his purveyors just contact him when something "falls off a truck".

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

They're out there, I guarantee you have suppliers there growing their own livestock and produce.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They're out there, I guarantee you have suppliers there growing their own livestock and produce.

Meat, eggs, veggies, no problem getting it from farmers. Sometimes you might need things like soap, trash bags, duct tape…never mind. 👀🤣

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I stocked up on those ages ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

In Jersey...his purveyors just contact him when something "falls off a truck".

I don’t order from door dash, but I heard that a lot of food is “tasted” before it gets to the destination. Ewwww.
People are silly enough to think a sticker is keeping their food safe!

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin

originally posted by: callyrox69

www.theguardian.com...

Deisel exhaust fluid

Yep- that'll be a big problem in the US soon, too.

One more way they've made Diesel vehicles less efficient and more expensive to purchase and maintain.
Also easier to take off the road- with modern computers they go right into limp mode without the magic scam fluid.

Meanwhile in the states, we're also about to see huge shortages (again) for things like lumber, and farming materials. Truckers from Canada are being told to sod off.

As for the poor folks in australia.... good luck. I've never been there, but I've seen some of the trucking equipment out that way and I've got to figure there's not a whole lot coming from nearby.
Hope you've been stashing some basic needs- it's no secret the Australian government has been crushing your rights for the past few years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join