It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I May Get Fired Because Of The Mandate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I was hired just after Black Friday for a temporary stock room position of a retail company. It was agreed that my temporary employment would last until January 7th.

I excelled this holiday season and was offered a permanent position on the payroll.

As it stands, every employee is required to wear masks within the building, unless eating or drinking.

With the new OSHA mandates, every employee of a business with more than 100 employees (mine) is required to be vaccinated or is subject to weekly covid testing.

I am unvaccinated. I have no interest in getting vaccinated until I see the long term (5 years minimum) effects of the jab.

I'm also not going to pay nor spend hours of my time for covid testing once a week.

To me, this seems like being forced into buying a service as a form of punishment for non compliance. Not only that, I don't want to contribute to Big Pharma getting bigger.

OSHA will fine companies that do not comply with the mandate $14,000 in fines per violation.

Customers are not required to mask up inside our stores, so this shows me that it's not about safety, it's about the bottom line.

It is what it is and I'm going to make the best out of the situation, while still sticking to my guns.

When the day comes that I'm called into the back office and asked to present my vaccination card, I will refuse to show it because I don't have one.

When they ask me to get weekly covid tests, I will refuse that as well.

When they tell me that my job is on the line, I will tell them I understand and still refuse.

This is the hill I am choosing to die on.

I expect the full corporate concocted jargon to be in full swing about safety. That OSHA and the company are doing this in order to keep people safe.

To which I will reply with the fact that for every 1% of unemployment, 40,000 people die. If the big wigs truly cared for safety, then they'd avoid adding to those numbers.

I'm going to be respectful with the decision regarding my termination.

Because as soon as I'm let go, I'm going to remove my mask and re-enter the establishment as a customer.

I'm going to shop there everyday for a week after my termination, unmasked, unvaccinated and without any direct cost to me due to the rewards points I've accumulated with their shoppers program.

So as the management is scrambling to make things work in my absence, I'll be there, everyday, more free than they, having them answering to me for a change.

Hopefully, it'll show at the very least one person in the company (it won't be management but even a lowly cashier is a win for me) how stupid and inconsistent these rules are.

Afterwards, I'm going to use my newfound free time to try my hand at writing, art and getting fit. The best revenge is living well.

I'd aim to open an online store/company and sell my artworks there, either as prints or NFT's as well as sell movie/tv/streaming rights to my stories.

If successful, I'm going to start up my own media company and make very sure to have less than 100 employees.

The black magic government alchemy to transform the jabless into the jobless for the sake of safety is hardly worth the squeeze but I'm going to make lemonade nonetheless.

If you're in a similar situation, I wish you the very best of luck.
edit on 1/9/2022 by semperfortis because: Corrected All Caps

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

That is called capitalism.
Get on board or get out.
When one speaks of freedom I do not believe they fully understand what all that entails.
You agreed to do the job so either get a shot or pay.
Welcome to life man

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The black magic government alchemy to transform the jabless into the jobless for the sake of safety is hardly worth the squeeze but I'm going to make lemonade nonetheless.

Everyone has to decide for themselves.
I just want to offer one ray of light for you. Not sure if you watch Basketball, but
Kyrie Irving!!!

www.espn.com...

"I told him how important he is, how much I want him to play -- play every game," Durant said after a 121-109 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. "But I'm not about to force somebody to get a vaccine, like that's not my thing. So he can play basketball? Nah, I'm not about to do that.

For those that don't know what I'm referring to.
Kyrie refused to get vaccinated. He wasn't allowed to play. Then everyone vaccinated got covid and they asked him to play, and he did well, and here we are.
edit on 8-1-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't think that many employers are onboard with these mandates, but their businesses are at stake. Without a concerted effort, this nightmare isn't going to end.
The Republicans have an opportunity to stand up and push back against this madness, showing the voters they're for the people- but crickets.
If you ever thought politicians mean well and just want to do what's best for the people, this should put that silly idea to rest.

I wish you well in your future ventures!

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Since the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the virus, or from spreading the virus....

Tell me again why they can force you to inject this vaccine into your body as a requirement to work.

Just for the record. I just got a prayer request for another family a county away from me, that was fully vaccinated and the mother, father, and four children ranging from age 14 to age 18, are all positive. Only two of the six say their symptoms are mild, the other four say they feel really sick.

I am praying for the family, but I am also praying for the people of the world to wake up.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Since the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the virus, or from spreading the virus....

Tell me again why they can force you to inject this vaccine into your body as a requirement to work.

Just for the record. I just got a prayer request for another family a county away from me, that was fully vaccinated and the mother, father, and four children ranging from age 14 to age 18, are all positive. Only two of the six say their symptoms are mild, the other four say they feel really sick.

I am praying for the family, but I am also praying for the people of the world to wake up.

Omfg dude this is capitalism.
Is this really that hard to comprehend?
I am about to layoff a vast majority of my staff.
They have known this is going to happen for some time now.
Also vaccine mandate is not a new thing. Don't let the pundits tell you otherwise.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Also vaccine mandate is not a new thing. Don't let the pundits tell you otherwise.

Even though some know it's going to happen, when it happens some will still be in shock. I hope they have prepared.
This is 100000000000% about Money.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

another heartless employer lol.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

That is called capitalism.
Get on board or get out.
When one speaks of freedom I do not believe they fully understand what all that entails.
You agreed to do the job so either get a shot or pay.
Welcome to life man

But it's not.

These rules are not the employers choice. They are a mandate from the government. They are the government's choice.

That is not how capitalism works. If you think it is, then you misunderstand capitalism and likely though that Jim Crow was also capitalism. You also likely thought that the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were bastions of capitalism as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Even though some know it's going to happen, when it happens some will still be in shock. I hope they have prepared.

It is until people have to close up shop because they cannot find staff to work anymore. That's about money too.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You'll be on the wrong side of history and are playing a dangerous game, i hope you have a good lawyer as those people you fire through your discriminatory policy will have every right to sue your ass. Not to mention the repercussions when the covid charade breaks down and you need to answer for being a fascist libtard.

What do vaccine mandates have to do with capitalism?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I mean you make a good point. We should all have the freedom to choose who we want to employ and who we will do business with.

We should not have the freedom to lie about our product and force people to use it though.

Imagine a restaurant that made so much money (lets just say McDonalds) they owned the media, could pay every politician and a big group of scientists and doctors to lie about their food and tell people it cures cancer.
Anyone with cancer who ate it would be instantly cured. But obviously it never worked. Everyone still had cancer after eating their food.
But if you said you still had cancer the scientists told you the food actually helped and the cancer isn't as bad as it would have been.
If you questioned McDonalds efficacy of curing cancer you were ridiculed called anti McDonalds, and banned from everything.

Thats not really capitalism. Thats organized crime. That is exactly what is happening, but with Big Pharma and Covid, not McDonalds and Cancer.

And yeah everyone is getting out, everyone that doesn't agree is leaving states with these mandates that you have to eat McDonalds. We are lucky we live in the US. We have the ability to pack up and leave the areas that we don't want to be in.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

another heartless employer lol.

I'm not heartless. But I like making money.
Ya know like having a nice life and what not.
I take daily testing and not the crap test you can go buy.
I have a full lab that will get it done right away because I am the boss.
So what would take most others 48-72 hours to get results. Ya I get that in just hours.
So ya call me heartless all you want but I actively get crap done.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

You'll be on the wrong side of history and are playing a dangerous game, i hope you have a good lawyer as those people you fire through your discriminatory policy will have every right to sue your ass. Not to mention the repercussions when the covid charade breaks down and you need to answer for being a fascist libtard.

What do vaccine mandates have to do with capitalism?

Not how this works bud.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Nice. Lets see how that works out for you...

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Power and control freak supports and enforces mandates, what a shock.

Again, when the SHTF let's see how that works out for you boss man.

An employer who thinks it's a good idea to "layoff the vast majority of his staff". I smell BS.
edit on 8/1/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It is until people have to close up shop because they cannot find staff to work anymore. That's about money too.

You are 100% correct and has been a issue we are aware of.
We have plans, but I will be completely honest. It won't work, I mean maybe for a month or so but in the long run our plan.will not work.
I have a plan but I need others across the country to get on board.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Oh please enlighten me with some left wing garbage you pulled from CNN on how this will pan out.

I'm not your bud, consider me an enemy, that's how i see you!

edit on 8/1/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

daily testing???

why are you so afraid of the virus?

literally all you need is vitamin d and you're fine. Do you test vitamin d levels or no? that should be the test because you do realize the vaccines are not working right?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

From memory his business is centred around administering vaccines.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join