It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derek Chauvin pleads guilty to violating George Floyd’s civil rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, pleaded guilty Wednesday to separate federal charges that he violated Floyd’s civil rights.

As part of a plea deal, Chauvin pleaded guilty to one count of violating Floyd’s civil rights and to one count of violating the rights of a 14-year-old in a separate case. Prosecutors said other related charges to those cases would be dismissed.

Prosecutors said they would recommend a sentence of 300 months — 25 years — in federal prison, to be served concurrently with his sentence on the murder conviction.

Derek Chauvin pleads guilty to violating George Floyd’s civil rights

In the middle of all the other madness sweeping the world, we have this.

Justice done?

So can we know get back to some form of normalcy?

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
[...]
In the middle of all the other madness sweeping the world, we have this.

Justice done?

So can we know get back to some form of normalcy?

No sorry, I’m afraid there are still a number of States, cities, statues and sports teams with names or pedestals to be removed. Then we must be sure to punish all of the every day folks who never have had anything to do with racist, or otherwise bigoted behavior in lieu of the people in power and owners of big media and international organizations that actually continually perpetrate horrendous acts generation after generation.
edit on Wed Dec 15 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Funny I was just thinking about this guy today and wondering how he was getting along on the inside. Thinking that If he ever gets out where can he go?

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 15-12-2021 by BlueJacket because: Silly post sorry

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He probably said screw it, I'm done anyway and just pled out to get it over with.

He already knows there's no real justice to be had, so why prolong the proceedings?

"Normal"? This trial, and the preceding violence that swayed it, destroyed "normal" and made maniacal, unhinged, irrational, enabling, deflective, irresponsible and criminal acceptable.

That's your new normal, have a look around..

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Gotta pay attention to jury instructions, anyone that was outraged by this case. I mostly stayed on the fence until I considered all of the facts. Yeah, Floyd probably ultimately died because of the drugs in his body... But...

Chauvin spent almost 9 minutes kneeling on this dude, and if say, 8 of those minutes had been spent tending to the guy's medical issues, maybe he'd be alive.

Gotta keep the outrage in the right place.
Maybe this guy doesn't deserve life, but he didn't get life, he got a specific number of years.

You shouldn't need to spend almost 9 minutes kneeling on someone to "subdue them".

You could listen to Thunderstruck by AC/DC almost 2 whole times, start to finish, in that span of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

His plead deal is an indication of any possible appeal.

All societal markers notwithstanding, yes. No putting the genie back in the bottle.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

With Mad Max harkening her opinions and calls to action, I believe he may have had a massive advantage at an appeal.

I'm not sure this is off the table as we're talking criminal vs civil (which this case is civil and has no appeal).

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Chauvin spent almost 9 minutes kneeling on this dude, and if say, 8 of those minutes had been spent tending to the guy's medical issues, maybe he'd be alive.

Gotta keep the outrage in the right place.
Maybe this guy doesn't deserve life, but he didn't get life, he got a specific number of years.

You shouldn't need to spend almost 9 minutes kneeling on someone to "subdue them".

You could listen to Thunderstruck by AC/DC almost 2 whole times, start to finish, in that span of time.

About how I feel, he was probably overcharged/convicted, yet, I feel no sorrow for this sh#tty cop.

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"He already knows there's no real justice to be had, so why prolong the proceedings?"

Really?

You do realize that some believe justice wasn't done in the Rittenhouse verdict.

My response. Seems to me people LOVE IT when the verdict goes the way they think it should, and then immediately claim NO JUSTICE if it doesn't. Sounds a lot like Republican voter fraud and elections. If you win, fair, if you lose, fraud.

Sore losers is what I see.

I have a great idea. Since it's the JURY that hears the evidence, let's leave it up to them and then leave it at that

Getting sick of this type of acceptance of verdicts. Accept them all up to and until they are appealled and/or overturned. No other option anyway. The jury gets the final say, whether people like or accept it.

a reply to: EternalShadow

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Justice was done when Floyd stopped breathing. The aftermath is just a circus. He wasn’t executed from his crimes he literally killed himself by his choice again and again until he overdosed getting arrested.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

edit on 15-12-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Justice was done when Floyd stopped breathing. The aftermath is just a circus. He wasn’t executed from his crimes he literally killed himself by his choice again and again until he overdosed getting arrested.

And still, you can't let cops get away with that. The douchbag was training junior officers what to do. No thanks

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I also agree with you that cops cannot and should not get away with it. There really are no winners. I wish I could say the streets are safer because of one less scum bag but I can’t because his death was a like light house beacon drawing in the scum like moths to a flame. Using his death as tool for more of the same.

a reply to: vonclod

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I also agree with you that cops cannot and should not get away with it. There really are no winners. I wish I could say the streets are safer because of one less scum bag but I can’t because his death was a like light house beacon drawing in the scum like moths to a flame. Using his death as tool for more of the same.

a reply to: vonclod

Ok, we are on the same page pretty much! GF was a terrible poster boy!

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   
He would have confessed to anything to get into federal custody and out of the state butt rape machine.

Sad end for a guy that put himself between you and those that might harm you.

Or...maybe it never happened at all and is just another project.
edit on 15-12-2021 by REDMORGAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Look on the bright side if Biden needs more chaos he can always pardon the guy and let him out to get a good old fashioned peaceful BLM protest going 😃

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry you're triggered. It's another effect of the "new normal".

Rittenhouse was defending his life, while "St. George" was harming others lives including his own DAILY.

Glad he was put down before someone got killed. The best part is he did it to himself and didn't take anyone else's life in the process. Everything that led up to his demise was orchestrated by HIS CHOICES.

The guilty verdict for his death erased in the minds of his criminal ilk the responsibility for one's actions practically making it okay to be "Floyd".

Held as a hero because the black "community" has no heroes, he's gone and others that conduct themselves like him wouldn't be missed either.

So yeah, in a way, justice was served.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Nice to see at least one bad apple plead guilty for his horrendous acts of depravity.

Good luck breathing in a federal penitentiary for the next 25 years Mr Chauvin.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have a split opinion that either Chauvin wasn't guilty as he was following standard policies -OR- he is a fake persona and this entire event has been a staged managed pyschodrama to push society. Raising the bar on false flags is entirely within the realm of possibility.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I'm split on this subject.
Derek Chauvin clearly got rail roaded and sacrificed for the idols of the NWO.

Yet....if he was free now, he would be arresting my grandma in chruch for not wearing her mask.

<<   2 >>

join