It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moral and Ethical Decline of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hello friends,

Depression, Drug use, murder, sex, gangs, America.

What do all these things have in common? Well, more than most think. I have seen, in the past years, and over time, a serious moral decline in the United States of America.

I see our common youth corrupted by influences that they may think as "cool" or "in-style", yet, these things really are destroying their lives. What do I speak of, you ask? Well, various things.

First, gangs: With all the recent news of MS-13 preparing for a 'border war' with our newly formed "minutemen" militia in Texas and Arizona, and various people I have personally helped out of gangs, etc., I have come to realize that we have a gang-crime epidemic occuring here in this land of ours.

(MS-13 Against Minutemen Militia: www.wpherald.com... )

Through my experience with America's youth and its gang activity, I have discovered something that I have found to be a re-occuring statistic: The fact that gangs are formed because the people within them 'understand' eachother. This may not sound too bad, however, when we incorporate the fact that those outside of these gangs are targeted via violence, we find ourselves at a problem. This happens all too often, however, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Then, we throw in drugs. In 1998, 1.1 million youths (age 12 - 17) were found to be users of illicit drugs: (ie coc aine, meth, MDMA's, etc.)

( www.drugfreeschools.com... )

Now, that may not seem like many in the grand scheme of things, however, picture this:

This is our future. And with our future being influenced constantly by our pop-culture, what do we find? We find that our pop-culture allows, almost encourages, this kind of behavior. Sex, drugs, violence - it's all part of our popular culture. Sadly, I have seen these things tear apart children and teenagers, who think that they need "street-cred" or some other type of justification or drug-use, or acts of violence in order to fit in. Sadly, I believe that this will ultimately make our society fail. It is worsening. Who will be the one to take a stand?

Now, I know this post is being dragged on, but bear with me:

Although I have listened to a few hip-hop songs in my day, (and I admit some of them were entertaining), you can clearly see the message of these songs: violence - sex - drugs. Although yes, they may not do harm to an older, more mature generation, what about the impressionable youth?

I have seen countless teens corrupted by the thought that in order to be "in" or popular, you must access and conform to these thoughts. Sadly, the impressioned youth is America's future.

However, America's future seems to be looking dim.

Thoughts, opinions, criticism, comments, more links, evidence, anything is welcome.

I feel this is a topic of discussion that needs to be addressed =/

-wD

[edit on 28-3-2005 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think it's been going on forever....we are more connected now. and the world is more populated....we hear about terrible things happing as soon as it happens. We have TV, the internet, satellites broadcasting instantly....look throughout history at the atrocities that have taken place...salves, sex, war, perversions...as I have said in other threads on this same thing.......they've always been and always will be...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
WeBDeviL,

That's a great post! Do it again!
You are right on target. Something is very, very wrong. It is not funny, rare, or going away. It must have a cause and a cure.

The U.S. must wake up to what is happening here. In 1917 the communists, took over Russia. Why? Did the common Russian, just suddenly wake up one day and say, "You know this communism thing, really seems like a better way, let go kill the Czar and burn the our Churches down. Then start death camps for anybody who does not agree. "
The communists worked for 90 years on the people of Russia to change the mindset.
They are now working on our children, they could care less about them, by introducing them to sex, drugs, and rock and roll, they generally destroy their ability to be good citizens, thinkers, fighter, and such like.

I am not posting this just to say it is a communist plot, but to say something is happening, for a reason. That, reason must be destroyed.
Avoid preconditioning, dualism, avoidance of learning reason (knowledge based learning), Atheism.
...My Corps...Your Corps...Marine Corps! Arrff.
...against all enemy foreign or domestic.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, although I may be biased, of course I agree with what I posted.

And yes, the military creed swears any and all military personnel to defend this country against foreign or domestic threats.

I believe that time may be approaching, and that somehow this word needs to spread to the majority of America.

Most of America [that is, the seniors and older adults of our society] just believes that this is a fad and may pass. Perhaps it is, but what if it isn't?

Semper Fi Marines.

-wD

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, Well,
My fellow Patriot, you are again correct, this is no passing fad, it has lingered on far to long. We are killing the helpless, Terri, and unborn, we are tearing down crosses, and commandment. We are building a police state. We dishonor our founding fathers. We welcome a controller to save us from chaos. We plead to our slave masters, to be kind to us, the Government. Imperialism is assumed. Reason has fallen.
"What rights will you give up, to be secure?", when we lose our rights we lose our security.
We fought and died, at Tarawa, against the Godless,
We fought and died, in Korea, against the Godless,
We fought and died in Nam, against the Godless,
We fought and died twice in Europe, against the Godless,
We fought and died Gettysburg to stay together,
We fought and died at Yorktown, to be able to Worship God,
We fought and died to defeat the Soviet Unions Godlessness,
In every climb and place,
And now we are torn apart and Godless.

We are so few, so weak, we cannot keep Terri, or the Cross alive, for which millions died for. Lord have Mercy

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
ARTICLE 124. In order to ensure to citizens freedom of conscience, the church in the U.S.S.R. is separated from the state, and the school from the church. Freedom of religious worship and freedom of antireligious propaganda is recognized for all citizens.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Wow, I totally agree. Something is purposely deystroying not only America but the entire Western civilization. If you point out any faults of our modern day society, you get chastized by somebody who thinks they are defending civil liberties but in truth they simply want to silence you for speaking your mind. Right here on this very website I have been penalized thousands of points because people don't agree with what I say.
If you think America is on the decline you should see whats become of Canada. We are becoming worse than you. Europe is even worse. If you try to stand up and say enough is enough fearing what kind of society is being created for your children people gang up on you and call you a religious nut, homophobe, hate mongerer, racists, nazi, or redneck hillbilly. I personally think people in rural areas can actually see what is going on with the world where as people in large urban areas seem to get caught up in a massive though controlled collective that attacks anyone who doesn't buy into what they are laying down. People in big cities automatically think people in rural areas are dumb, un-educated, ignorant, in-bred haters. In reality people in urban areas are being brainwashed by all the media thrown in their faces 24/7.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey....The communists worked for 90 years on the people of Russia ...They are now working on our children.....

are you saying that America's decline is directly as a a result of some communist plot?? Is there evidence of ths??

And is this thread advocating a military junta/ coup to curb the undoubted problems in soiety? Indeed, is this a call for the NWO??

Confused here for sure....

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
That "domestic" enemy part in the oath is the clout behind the club of the Patriot Act. God forbid that this nation erupt in another civil war. This one would be more to enslave the entire populace than to free a subjugated portion and punish the wrongdoers at the hands of the Federal Government, I think. What an Orwellian role-reversal that would be! May we eradicate all forms of extremism that threaten our basic freedoms. And may the Marines lead the charge! OOh-RAH!

And, just out of my own curiosity, why doesn't this thread specifically mention heroin(?), which I consider the scourge of all and the devil's favorite drug.

WeBDevil, thanks for starting this thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Even the Backstreet Boys are implying the NWO in their lyrics(Nick Carter's solo album, track 7( "Is It Saturday,yet?") and track 3( "I Stand For You"), in both tracks he implies my generation(the majority of his fanbase) are the last "Americans". Plus, If you see how companies and the media use celebrities, even respectful paper like the New York Times are using them to inadvertently promote bad behavior b/c of "wealth and helps "ppl" get ahead".

I pretty sure the NWO is real, if those cute, depricating, but loveable nuckleheads are (possibly) going to have it on their next record. And Nick Carter is learning this stuff from somewhere, heck maybe on ATS?

Just another reason for me to love BSB!!

[edit on 3/29/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Hello friends,

Depression, Drug use, murder, sex, gangs, America.

What do all these things have in common? Well, more than most think. I have seen, in the past years, and over time, a serious moral decline in the United States of America.

They're more in our current news. But you only need to take a look back 100-150 years ago to see reports of even higher rates of drug use (opium dens were very common, alcoholism was high), sex (brothels were freely available and many offered girls as young as 11 to men), gang violence (the "Gangs of New York" was not entirely fiction and the violence in the 1800's in the inner city was horiffic.

We also had slavery. A man could beat an animal to death (or set it on fire for the amusement of himself and his friends (Mark Twain reports a number of these... rubbing dogs with turpentine and lighthing it)), could break his children's limbs, could kill his wife and say she was having an affair, could castrate male slaves, could brand slaves, could murder Native American women just because he wanted to kill something. People were sent to jail for not being able to pay their debts, and huge conglomerates (like the Carnagies and the so-called "robber barons") owned cities, police forces, and mega-conglomerates outright.

And yellow journalism. Those of you who think our modern press is jingoistic should go back and read some of the stories from the papers of that time.

First, gangs: With all the recent news of MS-13 preparing for a 'border war' with our newly formed "minutemen" militia in Texas and Arizona, and various people I have personally helped out of gangs, etc., I have come to realize that we have a gang-crime epidemic occuring here in this land of ours.

This isn't a new thing. People latch onto the Donna Reed/Lassie mindset and think that things back before 1980 were some sort of idealistic tv-land era where kids ran free and there were no gangs, sex, drugs or violence. There were indeed gangs back then -- and gangs of disaffected youth.

Through my experience with America's youth and its gang activity, I have discovered something that I have found to be a re-occuring statistic: The fact that gangs are formed because the people within them 'understand' eachother. This may not sound too bad, however, when we incorporate the fact that those outside of these gangs are targeted via violence, we find ourselves at a problem. This happens all too often, however, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Again, we saw this in the 60's, with the formation of the Hell's Angels and other motorcycle clubs. But they were hardly the first. The drugs of choice then were marijuana and beer. And liquor.

And stoner songs.

Although I have listened to a few hip-hop songs in my day, (and I admit some of them were entertaining), you can clearly see the message of these songs: violence - sex - drugs. Although yes, they may not do harm to an older, more mature generation, what about the impressionable youth?

I happen to agree about the potential impact of the songs, but it's not a thing in isolation. I don't think you can leap onto the market and yell, "Don't DO that!" because people will scream censorship.

But you can start fighting it by talking about GOOD stuff. When someone talks about a violent movie, talk about a less violent one that was better (I like Jackie Chan films, for instance) and talk about the qualities of the hero that make them a better person. Talk about films that show consequences to actions. (One of the things I did NOT like about the new "Kojak" series was that Kojak uses techniques that would get him cut from any police force (except for a very corrupt one.) and would get a case lawyered out of his hands quickly. Unlike "Law And Order" where cops get called on the carpet for marginal techniques and have to go before review boards for firing guns -- as they do in real life.)

The media pays attention to the market. If you can drive toward the good and minimize the interest in the bad, you'll accomplish more.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, what do you expect when today's youth idolize ex-drug dealing millionaires and athletes who skip educational requirements to sign multi-million dollar sport contracts. Only a supersmall percent of those who try actually make it in those endeavors. What happens to the rest? Much of today's youth is about instant gratification and believing they aren't worth anything unless they have expensive material items like the stars they see on T.V.
IMO too many see real world idols (ie. store managers, factory workers, etc.) with, although not exquisite, but nice homes and a decent car as unacceptable. This level of living is dismissed over unrealistic dreams of grandeur.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
First,

This thread is no call for a coup or what have you. It is simply to bring to light these things. Our society is at an ethical downfall, a scary one at that.

Second,

Yes, I know that nowadays all this just seems more "true" because of our means of communications, but, with that in mind, in the coming years, won't it only get worse?

=/

-wD

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
DiabolusFireDragon -

Wow, I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

America was founded upon the joy of the middle-class, but nowadays, we are seeing this middle-class grow smaller and smaller, due to what you have so valiantly stated.

Unfortunately, I think we may start to see a decline of a middle-class, and a more "democratic heirarchy" emerge.

-wD

[edit on 29-3-2005 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
DiabolusFireDragon,
You have named one of most unseen weapons. The destruction the middle class, rate immigration is too high, for construction of new homes, this sends the price of homes through the roof, as housing prices soar, so do lending profits, and as was noted early, the return of robber barons, via banking.
This will effectively end ownership of privet property, by means of lending, other wise known as renting. The current older middle class is having the time of there lives, because of housing profits. They will die, and this generation, will not be able to own anything, due to the fact of banking ownership of land. The banks are only willing pawns in all of this mess. The immigrants of today, other than Mexican, are generally not poor at all. They too are simply pawns in the game.

The minute men have recognize the destruction of our country due to this and many other factors, by taking action they break the brainwashing spell that clouds the minds of so many Americans, they if the government can't do it, it cant be done, and the government is charge. Oh, contraire! WE THE PEOPLE…….arm the masses!

“When we assumed the Soldier, we did not lay aside the Citizen” –General Washington

...all enemy foreign and domestic, refers not only to illegal immigration but, to corruption of leadership. Please study history of fallen governments, internal corruption is the leading cause, they become corrupt, weak, then and only then does somebody take them over.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I find drugs and gangs actually to be moral progress, when compared with the USA's past practices of Genocide, racism, slavery, religious fanaticism, segregation and imperialism.

I'll take the drugs and gangs any day!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The roots of what's happening are in the society itself, and not a result of some secret communist plot.

It's the total commercialization of the entertainment in this society, with the violent hip-hop component and mindless pop, gratuitously violent movies. It's the sellout of the politicians, including the W, who are chasing the Hispanic vote and are therefore unable to pursue a reasonable immigration policy (stopping illegals would be a good start).

So the roots are here, and communism has nothing to do with it. If you ask me, if communists had it their way, drugs, gangs and promiscuous sex would be history in 15 min. Trust me on this one.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
Please study history of fallen governments, internal corruption is the leading cause, they become corrupt, weak, then and only then does somebody take them over.

Not always true, I'm afraid. In a number of cases, governments of relatively peaceful people who were technologically inferior were run over by larger groups with better armies and technology. In a number of other cases, the corruption simply gets too much for the people and they force the government to sort itself out (New York City and Tammany Hall are a perfect recent example.)

While it's true that this frequently results in a new order, it can also result in a strongman with the same philosphy coming in and taking over for more of the same treatment.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Corruption by those who govern(like in "The Prince"), and the UN and whatever ppl are responsible for their polices(PACs, Lobbyists, NOW, etc.), are pushing the world into communism, b/c the UN owns everyone,but the US for the most part, simply b/c of "us" exsisting and ppl are still "considering" what we as a small group are "saying"

For example, We were speculating "the rumors" of the govt. faking news programs, then-as "luck" would have it-it get picks up by the media and ppl start to re-think things again from aliens to the NWO to Rage Against The Machine, and Brainwashing. Plus, Most of us are pro-democracy(note: I could be wrong.), but it's true of most talkative ATS members.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hmm, indeed, arm the masses we must.

'Ya know, although this will make me sound like the crazy neo-con that I am
, I wish the minute-men militia the best of luck.

-wD

top topics

<<   2 >>

join