It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines to acquire Russia's Tu-16 Badger's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Before, while I was riding home with a teacher, the driver of the van , who happens to be a ex- military was invited to Villamor Air Base in Manila to a special meeting. This was a meeting with the air force officials which was called "Oplan: Labanan ang Terrorismo" (fight terrorism) Since I love military talk, they discussed terms on acquiring a C-141 transport plane and when I mentioned about Russian weapons, he mentioned about an aircraft called a 'Badger" which they would somneday acquire from Russia. Although this meeting was disclosured, they have plans to release cash for the Badgers. They even talked about "indigenous upgrade " meaning using people from the industry to upgrade the old Tu-16 aircraft. They said they would even acquire people from the telecommunications industry and from Philippine Aerospace to upgrade the planes and they would even install computers for bombing. They would even acquire from the computer universities such as AMA and STI. You wouldnt find this anywhere because it was just on a meeting and only a plan that they wish to pursue and no media was involved

new topics

join