It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaped to Mexico, in before the lockdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MartianEscapeArtist

Another LOOOOOONG time lurker here too who finally joined! I would be interested in knowing more about relocating to Mexico. A couple of days ago was reading the forums, found your OP…and decided to join to ask a couple of questions from you - so thanks for being the encouragement for me to finally join! What a coincidence it was that I saw your post then because for about a week now I’ve been considering Mexico too, as a possible place to move. I don’t know where this sh.tstorm is going, and I’ve lost my trust regarding everything in my own country now. I cannot even believe that, as a healthy, normal adult from a Nordic country, I have to start considering relocating to another country as far away as Mexico to be able to live my life, just because I choose not to take the covid vaccine (and I'm not even “anti-vax”, it’s just about THIS gene therapy vax, so WTF). The situation feels completely surreal. Me and my husband (who also has not taken the vax and won’t take it) were planning on moving to Sweden next year which seemed like the only sane country here in Europe, we had our plans almost ready and started to look for the best place to live there and properties, but from what we know, that freaking passport is there now too, and it's even worse than in our country (which of course will follow their example now), so, it looks like there goes that plan. So now, since last week, I’ve been thinking of Mexico, like just playing with the idea, he’s a bit uncertain about that but I don’t think that will be an issue for too long.

Of course, I know that even getting there might be a problem now, which brings me to my first question; can a non-vaxxed person even enter the country right now? (negative test, what else is required? ...quarantine for healthy persons...?) How about the situation there now – is it “normal”, i.e. are there some ridiculous mask mandates or vax passports anywhere, restrictions etc – or is it a pretty normal lifestyle? And the most important question – you living in the country, where do you think the situation in Mexico is heading now, what’s your gut-feeling about it? (the harsh truth please)

Seriously, I feel like Europe is a bad place to be now and I don't see it getting better any time soon – and even Nordic countries start feeling like that now, it’s slowly and insidiously getting here but I can see the trend where this is going. I feel unsafe, and like I was on a "fighting mode" all the time, and don't want to live the rest of my life like that, lately it's been difficult to even do my artwork. For some reason North America sounds and feels better, if not a place like Texas (can a non-vaxxed non-citizen even fly to the States now?), then maybe Mexico. It's a beautiful country for sure! So, I dont know, maybe we could consider spending the rest of our lives there, start a family there, etc, and never go anywhere from that continent if it comes down to it. Anyway, thanks a lot if you’ve got time to answer my questions! I'd have more questions too, but I guess these are the most important ones in the beginning.

<< 1   >>

join