It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air pollution in India's capital New Delhi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
So what country is going to invade India to curb its toxic air pollution to the world. Oh, and not lets forget China too.

Worsening air pollution in India's capital New Delhi has forced authorities there to indefinitely shut all schools.

Several parts of the city on Tuesday recorded PM2.5 levels of over 400 on a scale of 500 in the last 24 hours.
This is categorised as "severe" under the country's guidelines.

The shutdown of schools is one of several emergency measures announced on Tuesday by the Commission for Air Quality Management in New Delhi.
The panel also said at least 50 percent of government officials should work from home until this weekend.

Health experts have reported a rise in lung and respiratory diseases due to the worsening smog. Doctors are warning people to stay indoors and avoid exposure to the toxic haze.
Concerns are growing as the city is still struggling with coronavirus related infections.

New Delhi often ranks as one of the world's most polluted capitals. The controversial issue of crop stubble burning by farmers is said to be contributing to the air pollution. Emissions from transport vehicles are also blamed.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on 18-11-2021 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
India believes in Coal yet they have Nuke Weapons !!!

Irony but maybe a song will help them 🤔

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

i notice that left out of is one big factor, one that is being completely ignored everywhere.

emissions from vehicles is a problem. and one with more than a few issues involved. first and foremost i bet like a lot of poorer countries, because of having a great number of poor, that used vehicles (which are bought from countries such as japan), constitute many vehicles, especially when it comes to things like public transport such as buses. as well as trucks. due to being far more affordable. affordability also means such vehicles also lack in maintenance, due to cost of parts, often with things being jury-rigged, to save money. a problem that is currently being made far worse due to rising oil and gas costs. the more you spend on fuel, the less you can use to maintain and repair vehicles. and then one issue i noticed is that vehicles are really not properly designed for hot environments. which along with issues from being old, and improperly maintained, means they put out a lot of pollution. this is especially true with diesel vehicles, which when they run hot, puts out a lot of soot and black smoke.

and of course stubble burning is also an issue, since as we all know open fires do cause a lot of pollution especially in comparison to a controlled and contained burning situation, which can be used to insure a better quality burning, as well as filtration like systems used on emissions.

and that brings me to the elephant in the room that is being completely ignored, especially by those within the green agenda (lets just see that fool Gretta talk about how to deal with this "to save the planet"). and that is because of the extreme high cost of electricity, millions of people use cheap open wood and coal fires for all of their cooking, heating, and lighting needs. and many of those fires burn 24/7. and that is if electricity is even available to them in the first place. this is actually one of the biggest reasons for pollution and smog, especially in high population density like in Asia.

just dealing with that one issue alone would have a huge impact. we are talking about literally millions of these open fires, just within single cities. just as example of how bad it is. the smell of smoke is so common and so bad that when i was outside yesterday, i smelled smoke, and thought nothing of it, because i always smell smoke. in fact it really didn't register much. and then walking a little ways away a couple fire trucks came trough. and as i looked to where they were going i saw the smoke. i looked back to where i had been, and i could see the smoke in the area i had been standing in coming from the fire. i hadn't even noticed the haze from the smoke at all. that is just how common smoke is, that you don't even notice a huge fire, just a couple of blocks away. a fire big enough that within 10 minutes of that first fire truck group arriving, i counted over THIRTY FIRETRUCKS show up (i didn't even include water trucks in my count).

if you want to actually stop all this pollution, the only answer is having CHEAP ELECTRICITY available to all. and the only "cheap electricity", is that produced by things like coal, oil and gas, with at the same time that coal, oil and and gas, also has to be cheap. not the prices that have been steadily climbing the last couple of years. and even then such electricity would need to be subsidized to make it cheap enough for the millions of poor to be able to afford it. the direct opposite of the idiots causing electricity to become even more expensive, because of so called green energy, and the raising of coal and oil prices in their quest to "save the planet", but instead are just making the whole problem of pollution and greenhouse gases worse, by making electricity and fuels more expensive.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join