It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A funny thing happend on the way to flattening the curve....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Been meaning to post this for a while now.

I've noticed similar graphs when it comes to many other states and countries.

Can someone pro-vaccine explain it to me?

Curve was 'flattened' then there is a huuuuuuuuuge spike in covid cases. Round about the same time vaccine rollouts really got underway here and elsewhere. I personally would of thought the 'curve' would of gone down even more after people got vaccinated not massively spiked.....

And why are so many hospitalised covid cases people who have been vaccinated? Surely everyone in hospital would be unvaccinated?

Kind of weird how we kept getting so many cases in some places despite their governments saying how infectious it was and how many daily were getting infected that those same places the curve was already flat according to their own stats.

Also kind of strange for me that in my country at least, covid deaths are pretty much equal to annual normal flu deaths, you know that flu that masking, hand washing, social distancing and lock downs almost made go extinct.
The same methods that supposedly reduce covid spread in the same way.

Why did it stop the flu but not covid?

Why did the cases of covid reach an all time high once people stated getting the jab?

To quote a certain red headed Aussie politician "Please explain."

I am genuinely interested in the science. So please provide some.

edit on 16-11-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: completed a sentence.

edit on 16-11-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo, probably more in there.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Two weeks of more random deaths and covid outbreaks and we can flatten the vaccine stupidity curve. I have faith in people what can I say. Born optimist...meh.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Two weeks of more random deaths and covid outbreaks and we can flatten the vaccine stupidity curve. I have faith in people what can I say. Born optimist...meh.

Their bucket of lies is leaking and people are starting to notice.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The toughest part about 15 days to flatten the curve is the years and years of lethal injections that are really the main goal of the fake pandemic genocide.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

They want that Flatten the Curve to be turned into Years.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

You let a Psychopathic eugenist and a seral killer mandate your vaccine that's what has happened too late now. They did it all for paper promises and now the deed is done.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Isn't it funny? But it's hard to admit what you're doing isn't working. So I accept the lockdown of the unvaccinated that's going to come. Won't change a thing and I'm curious what the next excuse will be. Maybe we need a booster every week?
It's like a slow motion car crash.

Add: The question I'd like to ask the dear leaders of my country would be, how after two years of pandemic is it possible that again the hospitals aren't prepared for this spike everybody with half a brain could have seen coming?
That's like definite proof you guys (tptb) are the most incompetent sad meatbags to ever walk the Earth. They discuss counter measures and put all their eggs in the vaxx-basket instead of organising the most important, obvious and helpful thing.

edit on 17-11-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's the behaviour caused by the division of vaccinated and unvaccinated people instated by government rules.
They got to make that utterly dumb decision...now we get to see the effects.
The more the vaccinated people get freedom and unvaccinated restricted...the more cases of covid.

(post by JustSaviorCyber removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The question I'd like to ask the dear leaders of my country would be, how after two years of pandemic is it possible that again the hospitals aren't prepared for this spike everybody with half a brain could have seen coming?

The next reason the hospitals will not be prepared is because they're understaffed due to firing/suspending staff who refuse to get vaccines. Where I live about 4000 nurses in public health which makes up about 10% of our entire public nurse population have been suspended with pay (for now). This number of course does not include all the private health nurses who have been fired without compensation.

Not sure how many doctors or other areas of the 'health industry' have been laid off.

You know those same front line workers who after 2 years either haven't caught covid themselves, or survived catching covid without issue. Pretty amazing to be directly exposed to the most dangerous s**t on the planet for 2 years and be just fine amiright?

But of course the excuse will be 'a shortage of hospital beds' and probably because 'they're all filled with unvaccinated people' or some BS.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm totally pro-vacciene. Im hard against the MMR vaccine, but after 9 months of research I got my Covid vaccine. So that's that.

What you're seeing is that vaccines don't stop you from catching a virus. They lessen symptoms if you do catch it. Everyone is likely to catch Covid as it's an endemic now. The issue here is, if you are vaccinated you may not know you have it and continue spreading it to those who are more vulnerable.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

That graph shows how effective the vaccine is against the original strain of covid. It also shows how it does not do a great job at preventing infection with Delta, which hit Australia in July, right before your graph shows the spike. It does however do a great job at preventing serious illness and death from Delta.

Any questions?

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I missed that point when I answered, good job.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Been meaning to post this for a while now.

I've noticed similar graphs when it comes to many other states and countries.

Can someone pro-vaccine explain it to me?

Curve was 'flattened' then there is a huuuuuuuuuge spike in covid cases. Round about the same time vaccine rollouts really got underway here and elsewhere. I personally would of thought the 'curve' would of gone down even more after people got vaccinated not massively spiked.....

And why are so many hospitalised covid cases people who have been vaccinated? Surely everyone in hospital would be unvaccinated?

Kind of weird how we kept getting so many cases in some places despite their governments saying how infectious it was and how many daily were getting infected that those same places the curve was already flat according to their own stats.

Also kind of strange for me that in my country at least, covid deaths are pretty much equal to annual normal flu deaths, you know that flu that masking, hand washing, social distancing and lock downs almost made go extinct.
The same methods that supposedly reduce covid spread in the same way.

Why did it stop the flu but not covid?

Why did the cases of covid reach an all time high once people stated getting the jab?

To quote a certain red headed Aussie politician "Please explain."

I am genuinely interested in the science. So please provide some.

LOL I was showing one of our local skeptics, as they were arguing the vaccine effectiveness. Basically said the vaccine has been proven in the lab to work, so real-world data doesn't matter. Here is their quote..

Maybe I haven't made my point clearly. Looking at the change in cases before and after doesn't tell if the vaccine is effective or not

For example where I live the number of cases has absolutely went up, and we have a very high level of vaccine uptake.

However in line with the increased number of vaccinated people have also removed virtually all of the previous restrictions reducing spread. We are also approaching what you would expect to be a peak period with more people indoors and the variant is more infectious.

On order to see if the vaccine works are not you need to compare similar populations (time/location/demigraphics) one vaccinated and one not. When this is done studies consistently show lower cases and much lower serious cases.

and here is the data points I posted

I'm going to load each state I've done so far and you tell me if you have skeptical conclusions, keep in mind I'm working on a complete presentation but this is a sneak peek

Generally, if you see a pink line spike approaching the pre-vaccine peak(s) in the state, it's damn near ignorant to say vaccines lower cases. Hell both Bama and Alaska the first two states both have higher case totals than the pre-vaccine high

6 states out of 8 so far have higher case total post vaccines than pre-vaccine, this is as far as I go because we had to take my mom to the ER, and yes it was just 2 weeks after her second dose, her AFIB was off the charts, she had fluid around her heart and lungs we are hoping she may come home today but we dont know, she went in on Sunday night.
All I know is when they asked her when she was vaxxed they stopped asking questions and started doing testings.

usafacts.org... All the data is here it's direct from the CDC, The data is correct.

edit on 17-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You know those same front line workers who after 2 years either haven't caught covid themselves, or survived catching covid without issue. Pretty amazing to be directly exposed to the most dangerous s**t on the planet for 2 years and be just fine amiright?

As a frontline worker myself, any time I have any interactions with someone who has covid or suspected of covid I wear a gown, face shield, and properly fitted N-95. Also not sure who thinks Covid is the most dangerous pathogen on the planet, I don't hear anyone saying that except you just now.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

There are several things which do show the vaccine does limit infection/transmission. One is that we know Delta is more easily transmitted, and two there are fewer restrictions. So we should be seeing all around higher peaks than we did with the original strain.

I think all the data and facts, put together, show the vaccine does have some effectiveness against the spread of Delta, but not a whole lot. It looks pretty clear that Delta does a great job at preventing serious illness/death, but a pretty crappy job at preventing infection.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I think what you will find is that the 'local skeptics' pointed our was what you were doing isn't how to measure if the vaccine is effective or not. As the text in red actually shows. Nothing about lab v real world data.

Sorry that you still don't understand that.

ETA - it is cute that this is the second thread you have indirectly quoted me, even if you have been wrong about what I said both times.

edit on 17-11-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

As a frontline worker myself, any time I have any interactions with someone who has covid or suspected of covid I wear a gown, face shield, and properly fitted N-95. Also not sure who thinks Covid is the most dangerous pathogen on the planet, I don't hear anyone saying that except you just now.

An N95 does NOT stop COVID, and to pretend it does would be for the informed to play stupid.

That mask type does not seal properly. Also, the filter's holes are about 0.3 microns. Average Virus is roughly 0.08-0.12 microns. On top of this, if you are in a closed space where someone has COVID and they have been breathing the air for 5 minutes or more, the air is saturated. You cannot breath air without getting the particulates that are in it when the holes in your mask are triple the size of the particulates.

I know a lot of people have played stupid on this, and double masked, and face shielded. They are either cowards afraid to speak up, or science flunkies.

I have worked in labs, under hoods, and in extremely hazardous environments that would have killed me if I thought I could wear an N95 to stop things that are a thousand times larger than a virus. If you actually need to stop something, you wear a respirator with cartridge filters. If you are in a lab or dealing with airborne pathogens you where a pressurized suit with a filter that pumps the air for you into the suit.

Think about what I say. If you catch Ebola, what will they wear to treat you? Look up a pic of ebola suits. Now consider the fact ebola is not airborne and you must come in contact with bodily fluids.

But you think an N95 under a cheetah print mask is going to stop something that is airborne?

Im done playing stupid. Most of these problems are the results of willfull ignorance stemming from cowardice of people liek doctors people thought had enough moral courage to speak up if the crap ever hit the fan. Well they were wrong. Most doctors are there for a paycheck, the ones who arent are banned from most social media for saying what I have know over two decades.

Also, I own many respirators with different carts depending on the hazard. If I treated all cart the same I would be dead. I am alive because I am educate don this subject. Cartidge filters are what filter things from air. An N95 sucks at filtering drywall dust after 5 minutes.

People arent this stupid, they are just too afraid to argue.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That graph shows how effective the vaccine is against the original strain of covid. It also shows how it does not do a great job at preventing infection with Delta, which hit Australia in July, right before your graph shows the spike. It does however do a great job at preventing serious illness and death from Delta.

Any questions?

Hmmm, pretty sure the Delta first came to Australia earlier than that. Around May 2021 I think, in Sydney, NSW. Yet amazingly no real kind of increase in cases for like 2 months or so....

Also the first Vaccines released here were on Monday 22 February 2021. Quite a while before the 'Delta' variant was supposedly here. Yet the spike, at least in Victoria, didn't start until August...

A quick look at NSW stats and the graph is amazingly similar, almost identical to Vic's. (although the first 'spike' on NSW's graph is much smaller.)
A very long link to google search results for NSW Covid Stats.

Also lockdowns here didn't end for those who were vaccinated. They still had the same rules and restrictions applied as the unvaccinated. So we can probably eliminate 'dropping of restrictions' being a factor as to why it seems more vaccinated people got infected than unvaccinated. If you've been seeing updates on ATS regarding Covid in Australia, or or in the news, you'll see the SEVERE restrictions were only very recently lifted. Long after Delta and the vaccines got rolled out big time.

Questions? I'll possibly have some, but I'll get back to you as it is getting late here and I'm done with the net for the night. And I shall probably have to look up some more stats and such to see how things line up with these dates and such.

Until then good night.

Edit to add: Also looks like cases dropped after restrictions were eased up on looking at those stats. Which also seems weird to me.
I dunno maybe it shows that quarantining healthy people was ineffective and possibly worse than just locking up the sick like some of us have thought it was since the start of this whole mess. Who knows?

Also, if anyone would like to cover other questions I raised in my OP feel free. Like why a state like QLD that has been sloppy with lockdowns etc, has only had 7 deaths to date? Best I can think of is climate differences between states maybe, because we sure as hell should of been more exposed to the virus than NSW and Victoria if 'quarantine' was working as intended.

edit on 17-11-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: forgot to add something.

edit on 17-11-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

An N95 does NOT stop COVID, and to pretend it does would be for the informed to play stupid.

That mask type does not seal properly. Also, the filter's holes are about 0.3 microns. Average Virus is roughly 0.08-0.12 microns.

Your post reflects a complete lack of understanding of the physics involved. Viral particles are not floating through the air by themselves, they are bonded to other particles. What determines what protection is needed (N95 vs surgical mask) is what types of particles the virus can bond to and still be viable for infection. This is why the surgical mask works for most virus as they can survive on droplets, but not smaller particles that pass through the surgical mask.

TLDR: An N95 doesn't need to block a viral particle by itself, it only needs to block the particle the virus is bonded to, and in this case it is absolutely effective.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join