It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man Sells Device That Blocks Fox News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In advertising long ago there was a 1,000 to 1 rule. Basically it was that every complaint gets scored as 1,000 complaints. The theory was that each complaint represented the sentiments of 1,000 people. Whether this was valid or is still used I don't know. I do know that 1 written complaint does have some impact. 100 written complaints has even more impact.

The guy making these devices will get some news coverage and this will have even more impact. If enough of this happens there will be changes.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
As Fred said there is a sucker born every minute. :lol; Haven't the fools that bought one of them ever checked their remote. Most have a button called add or errase DUH.

Even if they have cable you can use the block channel feature, hello

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Kimery is a minor genius and about 100 people so far have proven themselves to be Major idiots.

Kimery makes a statement and a buck. The people who buy Fox Blocker give him the ability to do both, and in exchage they get a little device they'll never look at or use (because they wouldn't bother tuning their TVs to Fox).

Now for Fox's retaliation- a device that makes ALL of your channels tune to Fox. Wire-tap Kimery, intercept Fox Blockers in the mail when he gets an order, and send the Fox Spammer instead.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reminds me when i could throw a booster arial out my flat window and get all the uncoded sky channels for nothing from my neighbours box.... (until the spoil sports clocked the idea and bumpeed the fequency so you cant do that any more...)

[edit on 28-3-2005 by rustiswordz]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
C'mon people. This is the same thing as buying a bumper sticker that says Fox News is No News. It is JUST a statement for these people. They probably are not idiots and are actually attempting to make their voices heard. Did no one read earlier that every person who buys one of these trinkets has a letter sent to FOX news in their name as a complaint? I myself would not buy one of these things as I have better hings to spend my money on. But this is a way for people fed up with the 'Foxiganda' that Fox News continues to spew. I know this isnt for every one, but every one here has made some stupid jesture to make a point at one time or another. Some people would say what we do here is just as inane as the purchase of one of these devices. We should watch throwing rocks in a glass house.

Remember, there is always another point of view on these matters.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
seriously i wonder how many units will actualy get sold lol. i can honestly see some moron bying something that a tv may already have. i know my tv lets me skip a channel unless i actualy input the chanel number, mainly i use it to block the french channels i can not understand anyway. don't have fox news chanel yet lol. besides rogers will want to charge me extra for it anyway.
i wonder if fox will try to sue for something akin to defimation of charactor? my guess is we will see this device made fun of in shows like saterday night live, mad tv, this hour has 22 minutes and royal canadian airfarce.

I agree completly. I would rather change the channel then buy one of those things. Besides my Coke habit is quite expensive. Im up to a two liter a day
lol

wow up to 2 liters a day
i'm down to 2 liters a day coke is it, pepsie is ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join