It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dammit to hell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Women shouldn't be in the military Maynard, and that's something you CAN'T defend.

As for my mom, no way she'd be a horrible president, too meticulous and doesn't trust anyone to not make a mistake

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I will therefore be equally inconsiderate to Cleopatra.

Q. Why was the Red Sea red?
A. Because Cleopatra swam in it periodically.

Distasteful Cleopatra joke for the day. More tomorrow if this topic and its participants are alive.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
You're dillusional.

When the men came back "Those women continued to help support their men who were emotionally crippled and scarred ... " Paraphrased.

Uh no...reality-check.

When the men from WW2 came back, all they wanted was a job, the "good women" left work to make space in the work force.

Some refused to leave....but mostly most WW2 vets were pissed off that 16 year old kids had taken over their positions and stayed that way.

While labor was not really that short, where there were shortages in labor it was due to the "wartime workers" not moving over.

Wow Valhall you must feel so "honorable" to push your man out of a job so he can "rest his tired feet".

Sorry honey but men just don't work that way, our feet don't get tired...we're a "move over and give me the hammer" breed.

And again you're getting too emotional, far from capable of being a politician.

Probably why no one likes hillary, she's so "masculine" it's disgusting.

Girls should be girls and smile and be happy not become dudes, and suppress their emotions so they can take on the jobs we do, that require such.

I took the time to quote this entire post to point out the falsehoods and nonvalued statements you insert when you find yourself pushed against a wall...

LOSER!

(FM makes a note to NOT manipulate history with an opponent who has at least a SECOND hand knowledge of same. (Valhall makes a note to remember how pubescent FM is.))

But, I think we should get to the most important post of this thread as far as YOU are concerned:

originally quoted by Banshee:

Wow.
With attitudes like those that abound on this thread, it's no wonder so many guys can't get laid.
I sure as hell wouldn't bang someone who has such a condescending view towards the opposite sex.

$0.02
-B.

p.s. So above all, FM, you are now jeopardizing your own path to finding the ultimate buck-toothed gal. better watch out.

Alos, I would note, I bet Banshee could whip your little anemic a$$ WHILE breast feeding her baby AND having a "bad week of the month"...furthermore, she could probably concurrently make sound diplomatic decisions and consider the implications of same both to the sovereign nationalistic issues of the US as well as our immediate neighbors and diplomatically important allies, while having a long-term view as to the relationships that could best benefit the US and the world..all this would be done in the time required for you to locate your unmentionables...and then when she got through, she'd beat your a$$ again.

link   
Wow, FM, what college are you taking history classes at? Is the hallucinogenic drugs part of the curriculum??? Because I have yet to see ANY of what you are talking about (RE, labor shortages due to vets not getting jobs back from Rosey the Riveter) in ANY history text.

I will grant you that traditionalism was the main culprit at the now skilled female worker leaving the workforce to get married and start families when GI Joe came home from the war. This was the 1940s, and people were raised to believe that was how it was supposed to be. Of course, people used to be raised to believe that anyone but Whites were second class citizens and it was perfectly acceptable to OWN a black slave.

Hmmm... is this an explaination? Did FM show up from a time slip from almost half a century (or more) ago????

When WWII was over, there was a MASSIVE shortage of civilian housing, as all construction assets had been appropriated for the war effort. There had been NO commercialized private housing construction for the entire duration of the war. What this led to was a MASSIVE expansion in all aspects of the economy based on the housing market, and employers were BEGGING for workers. Female workers would have largely been welcomed with open arms, and indeed on several instances they were... however, due to the (ancient and outdated) social paradigm, the female worker was interested in getting out of the workforce to start a family.

In fact, this very set of economic circumstances may be argued to be the very start of the "sexual revolution" as it was a wake up call to the women of America that they could hold a career just like the guys.

You say you will never vote for a woman? Hmmm... I would replace "vote" with "get laid"....

link   

Women shouldn't be in the military Maynard, and that's something you CAN'T defend.

Why not?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Alos, I would note, I bet Banshee could whip your little anemic a$$ WHILE breast feeding her baby AND having a "bad week of the month"...furthermore, she could probably concurrently make sound diplomatic decisions and consider the implications of same both to the sovereign nationalistic issues of the US as well as our immediate neighbors and diplomatically important allies, while having a long-term view as to the relationships that could best benefit the US and the world..all this would be done in the time required for you to locate your unmentionables...and then when she got through, she'd beat your a$$ again.

Damn, Val.
Thanks for your confidence in me, but doesn't one have to have unmentionables in order to locate them?
This is really not a fair comparison here.

(this could get ugly....)

-B.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well,

One more historical note:

Elizabeth 1 would be considered a war criminal by modern standards. Though history books laud her up as having saved England from the Spanish, she also initiated a progrom of apartheid upon the native Irish. As a result of her decrees, the Irish were deprived of their land, liberty, and economic freedom. Can you imagine a situation where the Governor of Illinois were to decree that the residents of Michigan could no longer own land below the Upper Peninsula, could no longer be educated, could no longer vote or hold office... and could only get jobs with special permission... Certainly you can't, but that's, effectively, what Elizabeth the 1st did with Ireland. Though it was up to Cromwell to introduce the aspect of genocide there, Elizabeth paved the way with her agenda.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Okay, Banshee has a point. She could whip your unmentionable-less a$$, with a baby on one t|t, one hand in her pocket and the other one playing a piano!

(yes, it could)

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
PS: Just to say that the female leaders mentioned so far have been flawed.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Errrrrr....

-Now that was comical!!

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Okay, smarty, name one male leader that hasn't been.

come on...I'm waiting.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
NM

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Errrrrr....

-Now that was comical!!

Big T

You have taken my ejaculation completely out of context. Shame on you.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was looking for the perfect image macro, and what luck! I found it! my intarweb mojo is firing tonight!
link

linked because of swear words. no nudity, just an image, but if you are scared of the 's' word or 'f' word, don't click. otherwise, click and giggle.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That is so awsome!
I like that, too bad that great heroic lady had to go through all that she did...horrible the Romans...I still hate them.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Women not in combat???

Hmm...

Guess you didnt hear about the female Russian snipers that cut the Germans to shreds in the battle for Stalingrad?

Guess you never heard of the female Israeli battalions that fought the Egyptians and Jordanians to a standstill during the 6 Day War? (Using FALs against Soviet T-56 tanks?)

Guess you never heard of the female Croatian counter-snipers that leveled the field against the Serb snipers who routinely killed large numbers of unarmed civilians?

Guess you never head of the first British female paratrooper to complete SAS training and go on active duty with the SAS?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Male Leaders not flawed...or minimally flawed:

1) Dalai Lama

2) Martin Luther King Jr.

3) Ghandi

4) George Washington

And there are many others from the revolutionary time period.

Like-wise many others from the revolutionary time period were scandalous and flirtateous and didn't mind giving in to their wants

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Suicide? Laughable...there will never be a woman president and when there is should such an improbable event occur, it will be the end of America.

Most likely because that woman will be Hillary Clinton.

Besides, if someone can please prove to me that women make effective leaders in the situations of "war and law" then by all means...step forth.

Yet I've yet to see a woman be a good leader of war, though as with the germans, they've definately been a good backbone for the combatants.

While I would not doubt a woman who had the hutzpa to BE president, nor her mental abilities, I would say we may have a minority president before a female.

Geraldine Ferraro (sp) is very able and astute and she carries herself well (for a Democrat
).

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Val,
I'm not saying that male leaders are flawless, just that you guys are hurting yourselves by simply picking famous women. Again, I am not putting down women, just saying that all of you examples, so far, are bad. Why not talk about people like Mother Theresa instead of just queens and political leaders?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm still amazed by the personal assaults I receive when I have given none.

If people think this fair then I should start going down my former path again, you are all very diserving of it.

Unlike you...I did not "cover up" any presented information when it was correct.

Most of you are childish the women in this thread especially.

The fact that Dragonrider always sides with the women like a feminist gives me pause....Dragonrider perhaps you are a homosexual?

I will have fun crushing you Dragonrider in the new thread I have begun...why women should not be in the military.

last time I never bothered to look up the research, now I have...and i'll do so even more, because...there's no way you can justify women in the military.

Dragonrider, your last comment "replace vote with 'get laid' ", should get you banned.

I being better than you, will not resort to an eye for an eye.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join