It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day To Day Handy Infographics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Looking through some pics, I noticed a couple that stand out as handy. Most are of finished projects I’d like to build one day. But here are a couple that some my find useful. I have to include the furoshiki wrapping as I find it handy knowledge when packing smaller loose items into a larger bag.

You are not looking at the time of the sunrise or sunset but the relative position in the sky to determine approximate time of year.

Tarp shelter configurations

Furoshiki

Been looking for a good knot guide along these lines. I have a couple but none of them are that great.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Thanks I appreciate these.

Especially the watch. Always being an avid outdoor guy, I have a good feel for the coming weather anytime of the day.

I never wore a watch or carried a phone outdoors, because outdoors. Looking at that watch I can see how it would be valuable to know how much time you have left before sunrise or sunset. To determine time of the year.

Especially if you're not out for a couple of days to relax, but have work to to get done.

I always figured having good durable paperback books would be a good idea, but but I have learned it would probably be just more wait for me to carry. unless I knew for certain the info is easy to find.

What I have found is keeping a bunch of books around for reading material to get ideas from, to file away for later is a great idea. At least for me, loving to read stuff like that in my down time.

Thanks again I appreciate it

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I used to carry a BSA issued card with knots, ropes, and tarp illustrations.

It was never as impressive to the chicks as I had hoped.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Field and stream has a couple of great books with tons of illustrations I'll have to dig them out and find the knot page!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Great information! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This one isn’t really an everyday sketch, but one to file away for future use.

The shelter (and many variations based on it) show up in more advanced survival videos on YouTube. Pretty sure coalcracker and Corporal’s Corner have featured it. Pretty sure Way Point Survival has as well. This is the only good sketch of it I have seen online. The log setups lend themselves to an elevated bed which leads to a small inside fire for warmth.

A good solid long term three season shelter while building a more permanent solution like a log cabin or other style house.

new topics

top topics

join