It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become an exorcist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
when you say other avenues what exactly do you mean dont you have to be a priest in order to perform excorsisms

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanx2007
when you say other avenues what exactly do you mean dont you have to be a priest in order to perform excorsisms

I cannot answer for the person who mentioned "other avenues" ...but i say the same as that person but what i would mean with "other avenues" is still in God's avenue,just not Catholic as i agree that they choose who will fill those positions,and they write way too many cases off on mental issues then providing the oppressed person with no spiritual help but rather a doctor and pills.

There are so many churches who practice exorcism,there are individuals who perform it still in God's "avenue" though it is just that they don't follow / trust /believe in organized religions.
There is One God/Jesus/Holy Spirit but how many different Christian groups/churches are there who believe they are the true/correct ones...every group think they are the true ones in God's eyes and the other Christian group/church is wrong and so vice versa

If you are a Christian you would know the Bible says we fight evil spirits and so should stand up and take the Armour of God,but way too many Christian groups write certain cases of possession off too easy..yes there are cases mentally related but why did we get word to prepare for battle against spirits and not flesh,these groups choose to ignore a lot of serious cases and people end up seeking help from other believes/religion (non-Christian).

Why do non Christian religions know more than Christians about evil spirits and other things (amount of people in Christian & non Christian),they end up in a lot of cases helping people with problems like possession/hauntings/curses than Christians,which i respect as they don't close their eyes to the obvious and are not ignorant,so if you choose a Christian group who don't really help people in need are they really good people.

I believe in God His Son and The Holy Spirit not in man made churches,so if you feel you were called to help with spiritual warfare see that the true church is Jesus,not a building where money is more important than helping people in need.

I do not disrespect or wanna fight with any individual member of any such group/church but the people who run these money making churches and fool people and chase people away from God cause of their actions i disagree with,i mean do these people in charge really think the whole world are fools,they are losing souls as people think Christianity is just a "man made" religion,writing more and more real possession off on a daily basis, thanks to such groups we who call ourselves Christians are fake in a lot of peoples eyes,K individuals choose what they feel they need and trust to get to God,so i respect that,but sorry i had to say certain things what i feel is true,it is just my opinion and belief.

Good luck and keep searching until you know where you wanna go,be sure, & no but NO doubt when making the choice

[edit on 10-2-2007 by qonone]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
RE: Other avenues

Other organized religions have some sort of exorcism ritual, as well as shamanistic religions.

Other non-Catholic Christian denominations have exorcisms (I think they are called a "Deliverance"). The goal/result is the same, but they just don't use a codified ritual. I think either the Discovery Channel or the History Channel has something about exorcisms just recently.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanx2007

Exactly. As was stated earlier .. Catholics do not have a monopoly on exorcism. I happen to think the Catholic Church has the best avenue for it, but there are other Christian denominations who believe in exorcism and who practice it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
interesting thank you

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i've been exorcist for many years and some of the # you see will scar anyone for life. so don't bacome one

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry to go off topic slightly - but have you heard of Sean Manchester he's a bishop (not sure of what part of england though) who hunt's vampires. Thought you might like to know your not limited to demons inside people lol ^^

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think it should just come to u!!! mabe try watching another person in action. get the tenique!
peace

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't think just watching how someone does it is gonna do it. The main part seems to be an unshaking faith. All exorcists say that it is actually God/Jesus/the archangels who are fighting the fight, not the exorcist, who is just an "assistant." Going into this without this unshakable faith seems like a suicide mission to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
very simplely ..if/when you do become a catholic preist, chances are you will be know more then a simple parish priest doing mass, baptisms, funnerals... ect... an exorcist is apointed by a bishop and 99% of the time an aponited "exorcist" will be a older man between the age of 40 and 60 years old..he must be very humble, wise and have the up most faith,

so very simplely saying if your looking to become a preist just to become an exorcist ... dont bother because theres a 95% chance that will never happen ... and as said by others in this posts... if you become an exorcist because of pride ... you have failed be4 you even started.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by navajoprophet

you can train at the vatican or speak to other priests, but to be honest, unless you are ready to see the things you will face i wouldnt do it, many have tried and seen the things satan sends and cannot take it......make no mistakes there is evil in this world just as there is good, and it is all around us, everywhere you look demons are there, satan said t god that he would prove that he could turn the people and he will try, beware people who influence you to do things or offer you things, you will be tempted...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
We really need to have people's ages posted on here- so when we see that a 15 year old with a hard on for Constantine wants to become a priest- we dont waste our time reading the thread..

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
We really need to have people's ages posted on here- so when we see that a 15 year old with a hard on for Constantine wants to become a priest- we dont waste our time reading the thread..

??
the author can be a teen with either an honest question of the topic
or be Goofing with the readers...
in either way,
the studies or seminaries for specializing in Exorcism do not exist,
which is what the OP was trying to find out.

If the OP author is still around with that (intense/profound interest)
they may want to seek out a Shaman who will instruct & tutor them in
the shamanic dealing with the spirits which bring illness and disease

the Roman Catholics have no monopoly on expelling evil spirits,
but they have made room for the rare individual with the ability to
war with the negative spirits (demons/devil in HRCC parlance) and
give them 'credentials'

nice to meet ya, xynephadyn

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join