It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR CRIMES ACCUSATIONS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
>>>War crimes lawsuits have been filed in Belgium against US President George Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Authorities said Bush and Blair are among eight top officials implicated in the lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
that is hillarious. they're gonna get kicked out of nato.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"But the Belgian government has refused to handle the cases, referring them to the defendants' governments, reducing their chances of reaching a court."

"Belgian authorities declined to say when or by whom the lawsuits were filed."

Another article being ever-used in for further twistings and skewings....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, what could these accusations be ?

-illegal aggression of a foreign nation
-illegal use of DU
-illegal treatment of POW's (torture)
-illegal use of cluster bombs
-illegal use Daisy Cutters and MOAB
-targetting of civilian facilities

did they use Ebombs(=nuclear weapon) ?

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

illegal aggression of a foreign nation

Take another look at UN resolution 1441. Enough said.

-illegal use of DU

Wrong, no laws about the use of DU!

Umm, where when and who? Proof please.

Once again, no laws. Try again.

Feeling redundant here, NO LAWS AGAINST THEM!!!

Nope, didn't do that either. In case you missed it, Baghdad is still standing. We could have levelled the city in less than an hour if we were targetting "civilian installations".
If you are talking about the opening salvo going into the resturant keep in mind it was deemed at the time a leadership target. Perfectly valid in a time of war.

Better luck next time

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Goddamit EBombs ARE NOT NUCLEAR!!!!

They are a microwave transmitter!!!!!!!

Try doing some reading before you spew more ignorant garbage and try to pass it off as fact!

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Umm, where when and who? Proof please.

In afghanistan,
I have already post something about this topic two months ago... I'll try to find it.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the new Belgian President has abolished the laws that would let them try Bush and Blair for War Crimes, and that there will therefore be no law suit........

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
-illegal aggression of a foreign nation
-Take another look at UN resolution 1441. Enough said.

Well yes, in fact i just did. "the council decides to remain seized of the matter" which means : further action needs further approval. By the way, the inspectors declared Iraq was disarming when bush sent his bombers in.

-illegal use of DU
-Wrong, no laws about the use of DU!

Well, DU is toxic waste, dangerous for the organism when inhaled or introduced in the bloodstream. Check the IAEA site for neutral info on DU toxicity research. www.iaea.or.at... . I doubt it is legal spraying a country with toxic waste...

-Umm, where when and who? Proof please.

guantanamo, footage on TV, "sex games" with prisoners , etc...

-Once again, no laws. Try again.

Cluster bombs cannot target military alone, defended by geneva convention. oops yes .. the US didnt sign the geneva convention. so it's illegal outside US, i guess.

-Feeling redundant here, NO LAWS AGAINST THEM!!!

These are fuel-air bombs, defended by geneva convention or something

-Nope, didn't do that either.

Then why doesnt electricity and water and the # work in Iraq ??

-Goddamit EBombs ARE NOT NUCLEAR!!!!
-They are a microwave transmitter!!!!!!!

Ebombs are nuclear powered capacitors, the only send an EMP, agreed, but its an A-bombs EMP (radiation )...

Im no expert .. just thoughts

Oh and i forgot .. attempted murder of a nation leader ?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
just notes on a couple of your absurd replies.

DU may be considered a toxic waste and all but the toxicity of a 30mm DU round coming from a warthog injected into your bloodstream is the last thing you need to worry about( you just got blown to bits).
BTW Mercury is also a "toxic" material so I suppose medics who carry thermometers are actually carrying WMDs.

Guantanamo...First of all not POWs, second I still see NO torture...ANYWHERE. Show the proof.

Fuel air bombs have been used since WWII. We just made them better. BTW, The MOAB was not used in Iraq.
A couple of those in Baghdad would have accomplished your point on civilian targets.

What rock were you under while this was going on? I remember the lights all staying ON throughout the entire bombing campaign. If anything we left too much intact and now we are paying the price for that leniency.

And now my FAVORITE part, I have to quote it

Ebombs are nuclear powered capacitors, the only send an EMP, agreed, but its an A-bombs EMP (radiation )...

Go watch Back to The Future again
(FLUX CAPACITOR)
A Nuclear powered capacitor? I can hardly type I'm laughing so hard!
Do you even know what a capacitor is? Do you understand what EMP is exactly? NO, YOU DON'T.
Like I said, do a bit of research. I'm not even going to waste my time with explaining electronics 101 to you.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A Nuclear powered capacitor? I can hardly type I'm laughing so hard!

Ok, it's not nuclear-powered capacitors, but plasma powered capacitors. Even freakier! Plasma weapons are as illegal as nuclear bombs are..

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
As I have commented previously, the Bush administration has sent officials far and wide to gather signatures that would prevent other countries from taking the Bush administration into international proceedings under War Crimes law.

Favorable trade relations have been the reward in the majority of cases.

Why would they do that?

Why hasn't it worked?

The proceedings are still likely to involve Belgium.

Read more widely, and if you are a Bush administration supporter, weep.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Umm...today they just uncovered yet another Mass Grave of thousands of people who were not "pro-Saddam" in Iraq.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Ok, it's not nuclear-powered capacitors, but plasma powered capacitors. Even freakier! Plasma weapons are as illegal as nuclear bombs are..

Are you kidding me? Please say that you are.
I'll refrain from responding further until I know if this was a joke......

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Umm...today they just uncovered yet another Mass Grave of thousands of people who were not "pro-Saddam" in Iraq.

Case closed.

Which case? The case against Saddam Hussein? Probably. But I am sure the Bush administration would rather take him dead than alive, to avoid further embarrassment.

The case against the Bush administration? Not even started.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Fry,

When trying to defend the US policymakers from use of illegal weaponry, you may engage in more fruitful activities than into argueing a weapon they (probably) didnt use is NOT illegal. But since you seem interested in picking on details in order to go offtopic, i suggest you take a look at the damage simple everyday electromagnetic waves from your mobile phone do cause in humans. Then scale that to the gigawatts.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

Case closed.

BTW, these "mass-graves" aren't products of imaginary genocidal policies in Iraq, but remnants of the Iraq-Iranian wars fought on behalf of the US.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
First of all what I am (successfully) doing is showing the flaws in your claims of "illegal" weaponry. I still see no illegality whatsoever and if you had a clue what you were talking about you wouldn't either.

i suggest you take a look at the damage simple everyday electromagnetic waves from your mobile phone do cause in humans. Then scale that to the gigawatts.

I'll stomp you into the ground on that one.
All of the studies on prolonged EM have had inconclusive results except for one that took place over a course of 20 years in Guilford CT, USA. I grew up in that town. The final result showed that the cancer rate was so high near the substation because of a cooling oil used in transformers pre '70s seeping into the ground water.
Mind you, this is living in an EM field for years and they show no proof.
Cell phones are a new technology comparatively so long term studies are nearly impossible. I have read some of the scaremongering reporting on it (mostly U.K. Tabloids) I have also read some preliminary REAL medical study reports which show that the only real danger from Cell Phones is using one while driving.

Now, here is the good part.
The DOD as well as a few other agencies HAVE looked into microwave weaponry for anti-personnel purposes.
The most effective use for it was found to be as a large crowd control device that causes a burning feeling in (under) the skin. Anything that would do more would take far too long to be an effective weapon.
Think about your microwave oven. Put a piece of meat in there and hit high for 15 microseconds. What did it do? Nothing. Do it for a minute and you get some heat. Do it for an hour and you have a chunk of ash.
Now put in a calculator and try the same thing. Follow me yet?

Now the Super duper nuclear Ionic drive hell raising E-Bomb emits a microwave burst that I would guess lasts around 15 micro seconds. They have been tested and do NOT turn people into a chunk of ash or even produce any heat beyond the chemical battery discharging. Don't you think this would be better than a 2000 pound bunker buster for taking out a communications site?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm almost certain the tests in your home town did not include exposing thousands of people (for statistical reasons) to gigawatt EMP.

Now, back to the topic, please!

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
BTW, these "mass-graves" aren't products of imaginary genocidal policies in Iraq, but remnants of the Iraq-Iranian wars fought on behalf of the US.

Uh no...these are results of Iraqis speaking out against Saddam.

I guess you don't get much news in Spain...such as the guy who went to the UN Inspectors, hopped in their Jeeps and begged them to take him out of there.

Well in came the secret police and carted him off and the UN Inspectors did nothing about it. Not that they really could have.

He's not been found yet....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join