It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and Entropy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The Bible has a lot of modern day scientific concepts and descriptions of modern technology in it. Everything from dark matter/energy to the Cambrian explosion. The Bible also shows an understanding of entropy. The Bible says this in Revelation.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

It also says:

Revelation 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

Why no sun and no heat? Most religions say the sun gives life. The reason the Bible keeps saying no sun nor any heat is because of entropy. It says it again:

Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

The Bible is stressing that there's no need for the Sun. The sun is still there but it will not be needed to give light to New Jerusalem. Why would this be important?

This is because the energy source that will give light to New Jerusalem will be more powerful and more efficient than the sun. So the earth radiates about twenty low energy, infrared and long wavelength photons for every one, high energy, short wavelength photon. So the earth emits the same amount of energy it receives but with 20 times more entropy.

So, it's good enough for us to live our short lives but not very efficient in the cosmic scheme of things. Imagine an energy source where there's little to no entropy emitted but you can do even more work without aging and wearing down. You will also have the Holy Spirit.

This is clearly about entropy and heat.

The Bible talks about infinities within infinities, U.F.O.'s(clouds) and the firmament which separates the waters from the waters. I will add those things and more to this thread later.

The Bible predicts what science discovers
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The problem has always been, atheist want to keep God and the Bible in the areas of the supernatural and fairytales. We serve a God of Reason, Logic, Understanding, Love and Wisdom. So why wouldn't God use his Creations to interact with us?

Do you think God needs a Garden or a Bush? Those things allow God to communicate with us because we couldn't fully comprehend His Majesty from our limited 3D point of view.

The Bible is full of descriptions of modern scientific understanding and modern technology. The ancients are describing what they're seeing in the language of the day. If they were to see a plane they might describe it as a metal bird from Heaven. So you hear things like clouds that hover and take people up into the cloud or locusts with loud wings and they shoot fire from there tails(helicopters). Listen to this description:

Revelation 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

He's clearly describing something he thinks has to be an animal because it's flying but it has breastplates of iron. If you ever been in a helicopter otr around one, you know how loud the wings are. Look at this video:

Imagine the Apostle John seeing something like this without any context. He has to describe it in the language of the day. At the beginning of Revelation Chapter 9 it says:

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

This sounds like this could have been a meteor or a bomb falling from the sky and out of the smoke came these helicopters he described as locusts.

Finally, I'm not trying to change the minds of believers. If you don't agree with me that's fine. This is for non believers. God doesn't want any one to perish.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

All I ask is that you open your heart to Christ and look at these things in a different way. Not as supernatural fairytales but something much more profound.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
The Bible is full of descriptions of modern scientific understanding and modern technology. The ancients are describing what they're seeing in the language of the day. If they were to see a plane they might describe it as a metal bird from Heaven. So you hear things like clouds that hover and take people up into the cloud or locusts with loud wings and they shoot fire from there tails(helicopters). Listen to this description:

Revelation 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

He's clearly describing something he thinks has to be an animal because it's flying but it has breastplates of iron. If you ever been in a helicopter otr around one, you know how loud the wings are.

Very interesting topic! We just studied this chapter of Revelation just a few weeks ago in my church. And it wasn't long after that drone strike that the U.S. did in Afghanistan. I personally think John called them locusts because they were in a swarm like locusts. That's the only way he had of describing them. He also mentioned that they didn't disturb the grass or trees, (living plants), so what he was seeing wasn't actually a living creature. That's why I think it could be a drone swarm that John saw and tried to describe. Drone swarms have only been something, at least that I've known about, for a year or so. It's such new technology, I don't think my preacher was even aware that drone swarms existed. But, that's what I think. The fact that they had tails that can sting could easily be a drone, because that one at Afghanistan sure "stung" that guy and his family when it took them out.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The one part of the description of this "swarm" that stumps me is that they had the hair of a woman. My thoughts are that, remember, there was a pit that had just been opened and there's smoke everywhere on Earth. I'd be willing to bet that a drone flying through a cloud of smoke disturbs the air just below it. The disturbance it makes flying through the smoke could resemble long hair to someone who had no concept of flying things with small propellers. That's my take, anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Regarding the concept of entropy in the Bible, see Romans 8:20 ....

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope...

The Greek word translated as "futility" is ματαιότης / mataiotēs. This word, according to some scholars, carries the sense of decay or entropy.

This has been an important part of my cosmology for a long time.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How much more fabricated bullchuff can you squeeze out of this collection of fables? Your desperation to make a 5000 year old book of fairytales relate to current affairs and thinking stinks.

I can find more modern relevance in the Brothers Grimm. For goodness sake, give it a rest.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Aleister Crowley has a lot of modern day scientific concepts and descriptions of modern technology in his writings. Everything from love/hate to other gibberish. The Book of The Law also shows an understanding of Life. The Book of the Law says this...

“He shall fall down into a pit called Because, and there he shall perish with the dogs of reason.”

It also says:

“Bind nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby there cometh hurt”

He goes on to iterate...

“Then saith the prophet and slave of the beauteous one: Who am I, and what shall be the sign? So she answered him bending down, a lambent flame of blue, all-touching, all-penetrant, her lovely hands upon the black earth, & her lithe body arched for love, and her soft feet not hurting the little flowers: Thou knowest! And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body.”

I found this very interesting. It almost makes sense.

The Book of Law also tell us this...

“There is no bond that can unite the divided but love.”

...and this...

“Let my servants be few & secret: they shall rule the many & the known.”

It's really opened my mind towards what the bible means. Amun.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
How much more fabricated bullchuff can you squeeze out of this collection of fables? Your desperation to make a 5000 year old book of fairytales relate to current affairs and thinking stinks.

I can find more modern relevance in the Brothers Grimm. For goodness sake, give it a rest.

You sound really scared that this Book might be true. Why else would you be here?

For somebody who doesn't believe the Bible, why are you trolling this thread? Please give us a break.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

My apologies. It was brought to my attention that I'm not allowed any kind of independent thought.
In view of that, I would like to say "Praise God!" and "Amen!"

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Also, I agree to and confirm everything you have posted, thought of and might say in future.

Amen!

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

You sound really scared that this Book might be true. Why else would you be here?

For somebody who doesn't believe the Bible, why are you trolling this thread? Please give us a break.

My apologies, I forgot that scrutiny is forbidden in religion. Please resume your positions in your echo chamber.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If you think that impressive, you should look up Judaism predicting Rome, and Islam take on Mickey Mouse.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Absent the human need of Sun-light in the New Jerusalem/ millennial kingdom (after invading Earth)...

makes for some scary interpretations... the 'Quickened and the Resurrected' no longer have use for that particular segment of th EM spectrum---white light sensory organs are now attuned to Gamma Rays ? instead
quickened bodies no longer attune to day-light/darkness or the Circadian Rhythm of wake-&-sleep

we got zombified iow

what a hostile overthrow of mother nature we will endure or succumb to
edit on th31163374229508182021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

In my experience most religious scholars agree that Lucifer is/was the light of the Hebrew god.

It is therefore a logical assumption based on the posted verses that Lucifer is the lamb and the people that are being spoken of as Lucifer's children of that light.

I suppose on recognition of that? One could choose to remain a child of the Hebrew god or join in the ranks of Lucifer's children as he(Lucifer) and they were according to the verses? Receiving his blessing as the speaker of them.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

I was just watching this great video about this and how satanist say this same thing. I wonder why people want to exchange a fews years of power and money just to face the wrath of God.

Jesus is the Word of God and the Light of the world.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Here's a video of Altiyan Childs who won Australia X Factor. He was a member of the Freemasons and has left them. He says he converted to Christianity. I knew some of this stuff but he added so much to it. I thought I would watch it for a few minutes because it's a 5 hour video, but I ended up watching for 2 and 1/2 hours and will watch the rest later on.

I posted this because he talked about the same nonsense you posted about lucifer. You're riht on cue with this nonsense.

edit on 9-10-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Good points!

They troll the thread because of uncertainty. They want to act like they're sure but they're not. They see threads like this from me and others and the last thing they want is reason and logic from the Bible. God tells us in Isaiah 1:18

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

We serve a God of Reason, Love, Logic and Wisdom. They want to see the Bible as a fairytale. When they see threads like this from me and others, they troll out of fear. They don't want the Bible to be Logical in any way. But that fear is good because the Bible says:

Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”

Here's more:

Scientist discovered there were infinities within infinities but they could have discovered this just by reading the Bible.

Beyond infinity

There is more than one ‘infinity’—in fact, there are infinitely-many infinities, each one larger than before!

www.science.org.au...

The Bible said this. Again, modern scientific concepts and descriptions of modern technology are throughout the Bible.

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

FROM EVERLASTING TO EVERLASTING!

The Bible tells us there's more than one everlasting and theses everlastings were there before He formed the earth and the world!

Here's some synonyms for everlasting:

eternity, foreverness, infinity, perpetuity

THE BIBLE SAYS THERE'S MORE THAN ONE INFINITY EXACTLY WHAT SCIENCE DISCOVERED!!!

The Bible says:

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

You have scientist talking about multiple aeons within infinity. Does the Bible support this? Could they have just read the Bible and came up with this?

The Bible says WORLDS not world. What is the Greek word used for worlds?

aiōn

www.blueletterbible.org...

THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD!!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What does your god say about liars and cheats, Neo? If your god is real I don't think it's going to be too pleased with people like you. People who deliberately deceive others in its name. People who take its words and forge them into something they do not say. People who pretend to be good but who are anything but.

If your god is real, you won't even be in the same zip code as heaven, let alone the front door. Your path is downstairs, buddy.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What does your god say about liars and cheats, Neo? If your god is real I don't think it's going to be too pleased with people like you. People who deliberately deceive others in its name. People who take its words and forge them into something they do not say. People who pretend to be good but who are anything but.

If your god is real, you won't even be in the same zip code as heaven, let alone the front door. Your path is downstairs, buddy.

I understand why you're upset. People like you and others that try to ridicule God and the Bible want to see it as an illogical fantasy. The fact is, we serve a God of Wisdom, Love, Logic, Understanding and Reason.

There's no reason why modern scientific concepts shouldn't be seen in the Bible, God Creates what people that's called Genius discover. Why wouldn't it be in the Word of God?

Your problem is that you read this post and others like it and it's logical. That's the last thing you want to see. I would say open your heart to Christ and the Holy Spirit will reveal these things to you.

Here's another one.

The Cambrian Explosion.

God Created 3 times in Genesis 1. In verse 1, 21 and 27. These acts of Creation are associated with an organized increase of information.

In verse 1, you have the universe at it's lowest entropy state which is 1 part in 10^ (10^123).

In verse 21:

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

This is what's called the Cambrian Explosion.

In verse 27, God changed the DNA of primitive hominids when he Created man in his image vs. Adam, who he Created in his Likeness. So this is why you see different hominid races that remained isolated from each other until we came along wanting to explore and build civilizations. I talk about this in this thread:

Were there 2 stories of Creation in Genesis?
www.biblegateway.com...

Here's how the Cambrian Explosion is described:

The Cambrian explosion or Cambrian radiation[1] was an event approximately 541 million years ago in the Cambrian period when practically all major animal phyla started appearing in the fossil record....Almost all present-day animal phyla appeared during this period.

en.wikipedia.org...

Exactly what the Bible said happened. Again:

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

There was this burst of Creation of modern organisms.

Interestingly enough, Alfred Russel Wallace who worked with Darwin on natural selection concluded the same thing.

Alfred Russel Wallace OM FRS (8 January 1823 – 7 November 1913) was a British naturalist, explorer, geographer, anthropologist, biologist and illustrator.[1] He is best known for independently conceiving the theory of evolution through natural selection; his paper on the subject was jointly published with some of Charles Darwin's writings in 1858.[2] This prompted Darwin to publish On the Origin of Species.

Shortly afterwards, Wallace became a spiritualist. At about the same time, he began to maintain that natural selection cannot account for mathematical, artistic, or musical genius, as well as metaphysical musings, and wit and humour. He eventually said that something in "the unseen universe of Spirit" had interceded at least three times in history. The first was the creation of life from inorganic matter. The second was the introduction of consciousness in the higher animals. And the third was the generation of the higher mental faculties in humankind.

en.wikipedia.org...

I was blown away when I read this about Wallace because I had been pointing out the God Created 3 times in Genesis. He sees it differently but he recognizes that natural selection was Darwin looking at the way species adapt to their environment then he came up with this theory that today should be seen as a fantasy. A natural interpretation of evolution belongs in middle earth with the Hobbits. Darwin didn't know about the supercomputer in the cell that's encoded with information in it's sequence and also encoded with information that builds machinery to decode this sequence.

It's funny because people like Einstein and Hawking are called Genius for discovering the Genius of God. The Bible is layered and revealed to those who accept Christ and receive the Holy Spirit. Thos with a carnal mind are at enmity with God so of course you will just see the Bible as a book of fantasy.

Again, I'm not trying to change the beliefs of those who believe. They're my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. The things I say is for the benefit of the non believer. The non believer wants the Bible to be a book devoid of reason and logic and this is why you're so upset because you see reason and logic in my thread about the Bible.

I hope you open your heart to Christ. God doesn't want anyone to perish.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Assuming that's what I think would be wrong.

In my opinion Christ was what Buddhists refer to as an Anagamin (once returner)

The path of the Anagamin is a very difficult one as you are often expected to teach the unteachable passing on that light as a tradition or what is called transmission of the lamp.

Even the bible tries to make fun of those that do not choose the path of teaching saying it is hiding one's light under a bushel.

But in any case I'd rather not get into the thicket you know very well... no more than you would like to get into mine.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Regarding the concept of entropy in the Bible, see Romans 8:20 ....

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope...

The Greek word translated as "futility" is ματαιότης / mataiotēs. This word, according to some scholars, carries the sense of decay or entropy.

This has been an important part of my cosmology for a long time.

I just saw this and you're right!

The Bible also says God stretches out the Heavens and we see the expansion of space.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Psalms 104:2 “Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:”

The Apostle John saw the modern world in Revelation. In Revelation 11 it says:

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

These verses don't make sense in the context of 2,000 years ago when it took 8 months to travel from one place to another and 3-4 months or longer to receive letters. How could everyone in the world see them lying in the streets in 3 1/2 days?

The Apostle John saw a world of TV's, Computers, smart phones, Fed Ex and overnight shipping. This is how all of this could happen in 3 1/2 days.

The Bible is the Word of God!

Thanks for your post!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You don't know anything worthwhile about science or theology. You gotta go to the kid's playroom bud. Your malice deserves a timeout.
edit on 9-10-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join