It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: President Bush Belatedly Decries Minnesota Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
After drawing critisism from native American leaders accusing President Bush of ignoring the minnesota shool shootings, the president has released a public comment on the issue decrying the massacre. The statement came just a day after President Bush called Floyd Jourdain, chairman of the Red Lake Chippewa tribe to offer his condolences on the tragedy. White House spokeman Scott Mclellan earlier released a short statement on behalf of the administration but President Bush has been silent on the issue which is in direct contrast on his immediate public statements made in the Terri Shiavo case.

www.reuters.com
CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - President Bush broke his public silence on Saturday about the deadliest U.S. school shooting in six years, touting the government's response "at this tragic time" after some American Indian leaders complained he paid little attention to the rampage.

Bush's delayed public reaction to the shooting stood in contrast to his swift and high-profile intervention earlier this week to try to prolong the life of Terri Schiavo, a brain-damaged woman in Florida whose feeding tube was removed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

George W Bush's popularity is at its lowest point in his presidency and Clyde Bellacourt, founder of the American indian Movement in Red lake has said his comments come too late.

Bellacourt cited Bush breaking off his vacation to bring about legislation that would save Terry Shiavo's life but meanwhile ignoring the tragedy in Minnesota.

President Bush said in a radio adress that federal authorities were co-ordinating relief efforts with local and tribal law enforcement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree that his condolences are kind of too late, I wonder why he waited so long.

It doesn't look good at all for his public opinion. This incident happen in our own soil and and children were involved.

How sad and tragic.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is a duplicate story alread posted by Grady

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Same here! Good find!

Maybe the president is very "busy" and does not have the time to adress the nation on such events. Or maybe it is not the priority right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i voted for this item, but i think some spelling and capitalization should be fixed to conform to the high standards of ATSNN.
i'm happy to read his popularity is at an all time low. he just got 'elected' not too long ago. quite the plummet, georgie boy.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sad that it takes public outrage to get the President of the country to make a public statement.

Bushco is getting to be a real publicity hound.

top topics

join