It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwanese hold huge anti-China march (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Saturday, a massive march was staged in Taiwan about China's new law allowing use of force if the, so called by Chinese, 'state', moves towards independence. Also on the march was the presedent of Taiwan, who was in turn, surrounded by hundreds of gaurds.

www.cbc.ca
TAIPEI - Hundreds of thousands of Taiwanese marched in Taipei Saturday to protest against Beijing's new law sanctioning the use of force if Taiwan moves toward formal independence.

Taiwan split with China following a civil war in 1949, but China still views the island as a rogue province.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I just hope this doesn't turn bloody. China has passed it's law, and if Taiwan moves toward independence, I'm sure they will attack.

I wonder if in the case that such an attack should happen, if America would jump in. I'm not sure how politically sound China and America are.

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.cbc.ca

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I really don't think America will get involved. Coupled with the war on terror, we'd be pretty well-stretched out.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The Democratic Progressive Party organized a march to oppose the Anti-Secession Law ,in fact,Taiwanese is duping by politician.They barely known about the Law.I think Taiwanese should use wisdom and resort to still greater effort to help the Taiwanese to face up and resolve the true the fundamental problem in Taiwan.

join