It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Preppers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There is probably not a whole lot to talk about in those regards, either from secrecy to simple ambivalence. I also always like to point out that "prepping" has been a normal part of life until the last couple generations. It used to be standard operating procedure rather than some obscure, so-called "paranoia."

They arent really censored for prepping either, though the common ancillary beliefs/talking points can certainly get the boot. The Corporate Congregation Monolith isnt even remotely concerned with anyone that is prepping in traditional or primitive methods though. They all fit into their plan perfectly, and even play an important role.

As long as independent folks who pursue self-sufficiency also reject technology in general.. particularly novel technology.. they play their role in the overall plan perfectly. The intent is to ensure that such folks dont actually come up with anything new to compete with the centralized structures they have been building for a while now.

The only self-sufficient stuff that gets hard with censorship specifically is anything that uses decentralized approaches that arent under central corporate control, yet still provide potential for connectivity and organization. Thats the real threat to the establishment being built.

Otherwise, most just take themselves out of the picture entirely through isolation and atomization, and can therefore be handled later down the line at leisure. Most have no awareness, whatsoever, of the types of technology that will be brought to bear. The closest some get is EMPs and maybe random guides on how to fight robots & drones. Neither of which will be nearly as effective as some seem to think.

Best alternative path is going to be perpetual self-sufficiency using modern tech. Aquaponics (which isnt hydroponics or aeroponics), 3D printing/CNC/Laser combos (like the snapmaker 2.0), solar/wind/hydro, and decentralized mesh networks. All brought together with lightweight, non-corporate automation to enable even the ignorant and disabled to be self-sufficient. This is all possible right here and now even if some are under the impression it is far, far off into the future. Beyond that, pretty much everything can be bought on amazon and ebay and be delivered within days.

Not only does this provide for perpetual self-sufficiency, it builds an alternative paradigm that will outcompete any centralized structure in relatively short order. Even without the threat of total centralized control, it also creates an immensely stable infrastructure that addresses many of the concerns of the entire political spectrum in equal measure.

That is true prepping in the modern context, and for the future.

edit on 30-9-2021 by Serdgiam because: boop

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm all set. 40 acres of remote land with a 7 acre stocked pond. Wildlife a plenty and ways to make the pond water very drinkable. Lots of lead, rice and beans too.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I can make a functional knife every day if I wish. A rope is nothing as cordage is also easily made...this rope has history, which makes it different to a degree. Hence I have never cut it to a smaller size when it would have been convenient nor replaced it with a 15 footer which would be more helpful as a ridge line for a quick tarp/poncho shelter.

Kinda like a favorite pair of fence pliers or a lucky Zippo/coin/trinket. A comfort thing like a special walking stick that you have carved and customized to your usage.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

silence is important

if one in a hundred is going to survive this century. (supose that in 2110 or sooner the goal of 500,000,000 is achieved and the remaining alive should see the number 500,000,000 as a big number to reach, and not being in the 500 million limit daily).
and lot of those survival tickets are already assigned by the organizators.

do a reverse timeline and make your preparations.

And avoid being in the slaughter of the "old, the weak and the stupids"

follow your intuition.

edit on 30-9-2021 by lux666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have a 3 month supply of food... enough for myself and my parents. Mostly cheap canned Foods. Powdered milk, rice, pasta...etc I figure after 3 months most folks that didn’t starve will have moved on to greener pastures. After 3 months it will be survival of the fittest.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You mean preparing?

=D

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I can make a functional knife every day if I wish. A rope is nothing as cordage is also easily made...this rope has history, which makes it different to a degree. Hence I have never cut it to a smaller size when it would have been convenient nor replaced it with a 15 footer which would be more helpful as a ridge line for a quick tarp/poncho shelter.

Kinda like a favorite pair of fence pliers or a lucky Zippo/coin/trinket. A comfort thing like a special walking stick that you have carved and customized to your usage.

Good on ya! God Bless and wish you the best!

I'm not givin' up my knife! Not ever!

Certainly not for a piece of ceremonial rope!!

Sorry!

ETA - Zen be upon you, but I'm gonna EAT!! And I will eat MEAT, with FAT, and survive!

All due respect!

Enjoy your Chana!
edit on 9/30/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have to share this new score. I picked up this identical radio for free from one of my friends who was tossing it out. He inherited it from his father. Brand new in the box and I'm excited to have it and be able to use it. I am attaching a pic I saw on the internet after I got it of one of these to see the cost of it. They're freaking cheap and a good thing to have. With a proper but cheap converter you can use it in a 110 in your house.

I don't know, I thought I scored big time though.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Range isn’t great as it will receive better than it transmits. But still a good score.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All excellent responses, thank you all.

I really hope it doesn't go full Mad Max. I always felt a solar flare was the most probable scenario. I felt relatively safe and comfortable living in a small rural community.
But with this current situation, if it goes completely balls up , I can see flocks of city people trying to escape to these places.
It is already happening in a controlled manner, the people that can, are buying up anything that comes available, and I cant blame them.

But in a shtf scenario, the pure bad, along with scared, and desperate people with nothing, will show up. And like was mentioned, even good people will choose survival over good. It will be like the wild west. car cities at camping sites like mini refugee camps will appear, and If you have ever seen a ute muster, you know the real crazy are already here, and well adapted. The already established will be the clear targets, but not all will be easy.

This would be like a bush fire situation, in some ways.
Usually I would stay and defend what I have, but as a father I would have to consider what is best for my family.

In the real world, I know camping is fun for a day or two with the family, a week max on my own., and thats not in the heart of winter.
I think its going to be a bumpy ten years or so, but I am still confident that sanity will prevail.
We had a win in the supreme court today regarding the mandate, after being told it wouldn't happen. At the same time, if people start dropping like flies from the vaccines, or the virus evolves into something far worse, and they continue the tyranny, anything can happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have been reading this site for about a year now, just recently joined. I've followed several of the prep threads and have taken a lot of the advice and tried out some of the ideas. I appreciate all of the info, a lot of it is top notch.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
T̵h̵e̸r̸e̷ ̵a̶r̴e̴ ̶t̶w̷o̸ ̷t̷h̵i̴n̶g̷s̷ ̷y̸o̵u̵ ̶a̴l̴w̷a̵y̸s̶ ̶h̵a̸v̷e̸ ̷-̶ ̵M̶i̶n̵d̶ ̸&̸ ̵B̶o̸d̷y̷.̵ ̴M̵e̷n̷t̷a̵l̷ ̷&̵ ̵P̷h̸y̷s̷i̴c̷a̷l̵ ̸t̷r̵a̵i̴n̵i̸n̴g̵ ̵a̴r̸e̷ ̴f̴a̷r̶ ̴m̷o̶r̷e̸ ̵v̷a̵l̶u̴a̴b̷l̷e̵ ̴t̴h̵a̶n̵ ̸a̵n̸y̷t̷h̶i̵n̶g̶ ̴e̶l̶s̵e̵.̵ ̴Y̷o̷u̶ ̶m̸u̸s̶t̵ ̴b̷e̸ ̴r̴e̴a̵d̷y̶ ̴f̴o̵r̵ ̵W̷A̷R̵.̵ ̵I̵f̴ ̵s̸t̵r̶i̶p̷p̴e̸d̶ ̶o̴f̷ ̵a̶l̵l̵ ̷p̴o̴s̵s̶e̶s̷s̸i̶o̷n̴s̶ ̴h̴o̷w̵ ̴l̶o̵n̶g̶ ̸d̴o̴ ̸y̶o̴u̷ ̴t̸h̸i̶n̴k̶ ̴y̵o̴u̵ ̶w̴o̸u̶l̵d̷ ̷b̷e̵ ̴a̴b̴l̶e̵ ̴t̷o̶ ̸s̸t̵a̵y̷ ̵a̸l̸i̸v̶e̴?̸ ̷

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
As a locksmith, I feel pretty safe in leaving my prepping until the last minute whence I can take most of what I need, when I need it. I have a loose plan and some skills, and feel that in my case, that is prepped enough for here in Australia should the shizen hit the fan.

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: forum

Wow! Not sure what kind of a keyboard you're typing on, but I've never seen anything quite like that before!

I even looked at it in 'edit' to see if it was some special BB Code, and it doesn't appear to be.

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This was better than expected. Although maybe a bit soon.

edit on 1-10-2021 by kangawoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Real preppers are busy tending gardens, prepping for hunting and trapping, or working to get themselves moved the hell out of any kind of a population center. At least from a US perspective we are most certainly in a lite collapse with troubling portents all around so if I were a prepper I would be more focused on topping up the tanks so-to-speak. We have another winter of shortages in store and who knows what else so I think the general consensus has been to focus more on doing and less on saying right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
To be mentally and physically capable is certainly the most important. Knowledge and a cool head second. I would also advise anyone who will listen to get a bicycle and extra tires and fixens for repairs. You can go far and fairly fast.

A few years ago, I picked up something similar to this for $30. I could haul a person, dog, food, whatever. I can also pull it myself without a bike.

I keep two bicycles on hand in good repair at all times. You never know when you will need one.

ETA. DON'T FORGET YOUR HELMET!
edit on 3-10-2021 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

Oh, we're around.

Y'know those folks that just seem to be there, kinda gray, kinda forgettable... Who??

Many, if not most, preppers don't advertise.

I'm one of the rarer ones that actually talk a little about it, though not as much as I used to...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join