It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there are multiple reilgions which basically believe the same.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I will explain how i think of this from a religious(muslim) standpoint. Because there were multiple prophets each one created a different religion. That was so because most strayed away from the true path by people so they could get more power or believed that the prophet actually ment something else. Why god let this happend and not only 1 prophet which he knows will send the true message? Because in this way more people will believe and not a false religion. So they will learn about the truth. As the different religions will compete with each other to gather more believers. So then Christians and jews arent unbelievers anymore but just a way for god to make as much people learn about the truth or close to it as possible.

Thats all i can think of now. Any questions on what i think i would be glad to answer.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
THis is a very interesting theory, but i doubt that other religions will accept this. they all think that their way is THE way. The religions assume the 'i am right, and you are wrong' way of thinking.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Very intelligent conclusion to come upon all by your own.

You might be interested in checking out Aldous huxley...

He coined the term "Perennial philosophy" which you might find interesting....

members.tripod.com...

Hope you enjoy

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Because all religions were once the same but have split appart due to the greedy and selffish nature of people. An interesting fact, catholic comes from the Roman word for universal, now how great would a universal religion that everyone can agree on be?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
God did tell mankind 1 way. He told Adam and Eve a Savior was coming and then told them what they had to do until He came and to pass it along. satan has sent in the confusion and perversion with the other religions.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Evil satan messing it up as usual..bad satan, bad

time out for you

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
now how great would a universal religion that everyone can agree on be?

The Bible tells us that is supposed to be coming. First a false one then the real one.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
True no religion would accept that say this version is closer to the truth than our own but that is what spreads the truth. Convince other people that your version of the truth is correct and leading them to the right way. Which i think is the Islam.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by jrod
now how great would a universal religion that everyone can agree on be?

The Bible tells us that is supposed to be coming. First a false one then the real one.

That statement makes the deadly assumption that the bible is divinely inspired.....

IF it was not though....what ramifications would that have for your beliefs?
Just a thought

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

"And for every Ummah (a community or a nation), there is a Messenger. So when their Messenger comes, the matter is decided between them with justice, and they are not wronged."

- (Qur'an 10:47)

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
That statement makes the deadly assumption that the bible is divinely inspired.....
IF it was not though....what ramifications would that have for your beliefs?
Just a thought

Or it is divinely inspired as it says.

I actually was thinking about that the other day in a way to express to others. While I do believe the God of the Bible and the Bible is real for the sake of my following response what if it was not.

What have I done in response to it. I have recognized that I do things that are wrong. Things that hurt(offend) me other people and God. So in recognition of that fact I am desiring a change in me, plus I want to know and see God, and be all I can be, plus I find the universe fascinating and would like to see it all someday. The Bible says I can't do any of this on my own because my wrongs will prevent this. So in it I have been instructed that my wrongs have to go and that can only be done by giving them away to be dealt with by God in the way He has authorized as a guarantee that they will be removed and I can proceed with these other goals. After this I spend my time paying attention to areas of me(personality, mind, will emotions) that God points out that need to be dealt with and changed and even rearranged. So in essence if I follow what the Bible says I would be learning to present every moment to Him in order that I can be remade.

Now if the Bible weren't right would I have wasted my time. A hundred people would probably give you a hundred different answers so I can only speak for me. I know that a change has come to me and I don't want to be what I used to be. So if it weren't true than what I have done , I spent my days learning and growing and trying to be of service to affect the lives of others for the better and changing me from the inside out. I have to tell you I want to help others but there is only so much you can do for others, but for yourself there is plenty of refinement that can be done. And if you are in agreement with yourself on what you want, the war can be won.

Just had another thought to add. Some religions says that you are reincarnated over and over again and who knows after 1 to 50,000 lives(what if that's wrong?) you might make it to God and eternity and peace. The thing that's different in the Bible is God says I have a way that GUARANTEES you will make it to all those things plus other bonuses and all within your lifetime that you are living right now.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
No, I could see what you are seeing being true. What does it matter if we all technically believe in the same God. I mean we really do believe in the same God in a way. Is it not the same God that created Adam and Eve, who told Abraham about his first son, whether it was Isaac or Ishmal, we believe the same God sent us a savior/messiah/himself/no one yet, however we believe it is the same God, we just aren't clear on the other parts.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
God did tell mankind 1 way. He told Adam and Eve a Savior was coming and then told them what they had to do until He came and to pass it along. satan has sent in the confusion and perversion with the other religions.

Yeah but then Sam and Frodo threw the evil ring into the fire of Mount Doom and Luke Skywalker overthrew the bad Emporerso everything is OK again right?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
are you guys #in serious?! lol

sounds like the original poster is finding friends with religious pluralism.

if in fact you study the CORE believes of Islam and Christianity (take these for example) you will find that they totally contradict each other.

Any begining theological major can tell you that.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
if in fact you study the CORE believes of Islam and Christianity (take these for example) you will find that they totally contradict each other.

Exoterically perhaps(though definitely not totally).

Esoterically however, they are the same.

Precisely.

Because most of them are not interested in experiencing Religion.

They don't care to explore the Inner Occult Truths of Religion.

They would rather formulate theories, opinions, 'logical' deductions, thesis VS anti-thesis, etc.

In other words; most "experts" don't care to know anything about Consciousness.

They only want to dwell in the limited mind.

Tamahu quoted

"And for every Ummah (a community or a nation), there is a Messenger. So when their Messenger comes, the matter is decided between them with justice, and they are not wronged."

Salaam

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by krossfyter

Exoterically perhaps(though definitely not totally).

Esoterically however, they are the same.

Precisely.

Because most of them are not interested in experiencing Religion.

They don't care to explore the Inner Occult Truths of Religion.

They would rather formulate theories, opinions, 'logical' deductions, thesis VS anti-thesis, etc.

In other words; most "experts" don't care to know anything about Consciousness.

They only want to dwell in the limited mind.

Tamahu quoted

Salaam

I know it sounds all nice and good that all religions lead to the same place... heck that can be comforting ( i can see why people would eat this # up) but on the grounds of the core believes of each religion and being as objective as possible in a relgion issue... they are not the same.

If you all want to sit here and say they are.. fine with me... but unless anyones tested in some way this position you all are all subject to the same stuff people who believe in a higher power are... "FAITH".

on objective grounds.... Islam and Christianity are totally at odds with each other.

Christianity teaches that Christ is the ONLY way.

Islam doesnt teach that at all... that Jesus is merely a prophet... and to say Christ is on level with God is blasphemy to God in thier book.

see the basic contradiction here? There's more... but i'll spare you all.

if indeed you are holding some "inner circle"... or esotetic understanding of why these belief systems are all the same or lead to the same place and the answer isnt filed under "FAITH" then spit it out.... id like to hear it.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Peace

No amount of spitting-out would be likely to convince your myopic left-brain-hemisphere approach to this.

If the following doesn't convince you, then...

The Universal Saviour

amirfatir.tripod.com...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There need to be some somewhat radical difference to promote spreading. 2 rivial religions do better than only 1.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Peace

No amount of spitting-out would be likely to convince your myopic left-brain-hemisphere approach to this.

If the following doesn't convince you, then...

The Universal Saviour

amirfatir.tripod.com...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Tamahu]

thats faith buddy!

it aint a left brain affair.

if you believe all religions lead to the same place... you are practicing faith.... and denounce the visible contradictions in the mixture of the religions. fine with me. i dont give a da mn what you all do... im just telling you all that you are practicign "faith" and subject to same stuff satanists or christians pracitice in thier own religions of belief... "faith".

the difference is in the content.

there's more evidence to back up the claim that Christ is the only way then to back up religious pluralism. does it make it any more right or wrong? no... not saying that... does it make it more credible... hellyeah.

ii can sit here and say that aliens (extraterreistrials) are simply demonic related but that would only be a theory that is grounded on "faith" and can't be objectivity verified. im cool with doing that so as long as i know what objective is and isnt and how "faith" fits in to it all.

i agree we humans are limited by our human construct... but anything above that whether right or wrong is again dealing with "faith" issues.

if your faith tells you that religious pluralism is the way to go know what you're practicing or getting into and understand that there is hardly any evidence to support this as opposed to the evidence surrounding the fact that Christ is the only true way.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by krossfyter]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I do not mean all religions ofcourse there is a number of false religions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join