It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents show US may be behind riots in Kyrgyzstan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have a message for all of those people who are tired of the US getting blamed for everything that happens in other countries.

'Tell your government to stop interfering in almost every country in the world.'

Those riots in Kyrgyzstan seem to have been helped by US funds and the opposition parties in Kyrgyzstan received US funds.

kabar.kg

We have mostly succeeded in developing contacts with another leader of the opposition — R.Otunbaeva, ex-Minister for Foreign Affairs. Through the funds allocated to her we managed to lobby setting up and promoting certain NGOs as well as organizing a unified system of mass media for better coverage over the country to spread her statement about non-interference of Russia in internal affairs of Kyrgyzstan.
With a view to providing favorable conditions and helping democratic opposition leaders come to power, our primary goal for the pre-elections period is to arouse mistrust to the authorities in force and Akaev’s incapacitated corruption regime, his pro-Russian orientation and illegal use of “an administrative resource” to rig elections. In this regard, the embassy’s Democratic commission, Soros Foundations, Eurasia Foundation in Bishkek in cooperation with USAID have been organizing politically active groups of voters in order to inspire riots against pro-president candidates.

EDIT:
Related link, OP/ED:Who is Organising these Spontaneous Popular Uprisings ?

[edit on 26-3-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
oh my god ........

USA actually interferring in the affairs of a soveriegn nation to ensure it's interest' are secured...no ....

That doesn't sound like us at all..........

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Its hardly a secret that the u.s. financially supports parties in foreign countries.

In some cases, like in the Ukraine, they support what i would like to call "the good guys", democratic parties and there is a sincere need by the majority of the people for democracy, also Kyrgyzia is people getting tired of the republic beong run as a fammilly bussiness, I think the u.s. merely helped lighting the fuse, the ammo was there, just like the ukraine.

Maybe good foreign policy, allthough Putin must be grinding his teeth watching all this messing around his house...

In other cases, the u.s. supports groups against democracy, like the opponents of Chavez, the corporate people. So clearly these efforts for regime changes in eurasia and south-america are not some moral crusade for democracy (or how they like to sell it), but merely to get footholds to the oil in Kazakhstan and venezuela.

BTW: i wonder how much of this work is by the hand of the Soros foundation and how much CIA ?

Soros and Bush don't seem to get along, but both are stirring in hot east-european/eurasian soup ???

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenus
Soros and Bush don't seem to get along, but both are stirring in hot east-european/eurasian soup ???
[edit on 26-3-2005 by Silenus]

Careful now....

That almost makes sense

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think they allocated even more funds to do this for 2005.

I remember reading this on senate.gov

Think it was the same, 30$ million.

Guess you can make alot of people go crazy with just 30$ million dollars. Heh.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good post Ace!

I suspected these revolts were the work of our fellas, but I had no proof.

There are others too, plenty of others.

The South and Central American revolts seem to be different though, most of them are tribal greivances, furor of Native Rights. Maybe they're one and the same, but I don't think so.

The central Asia, SE Asia, and Middle Eastern revolts are most assuredly our doing.

They do have energy resources down south too...

Maybe those feathered serpent prophecies are just designed dupe the lower class into action for their 'betters.'

I hope not...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Good news! At least U.S. covert ops is still capable of doing some good in the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
dj
How do you figure it was good?

All I see is a bunch of media coverage about how the 'bad guy' lost and the 'good guys' won. That's so simplistic as to be laughable.

But I guess if you're the gullible type that probably sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

News flash: the world isn't black and white, it's countless shades of gray.

Do the Russian forward air bases have anything to do with this little uprising? How will the strategic deployment of the Suburn missle platforms suffer because of this? Will all assets simply move next door to China's advance air bases? Most likely yes.

So all that's been accomplished is a destruction of law and order in favor of mob rule.

Can we get some of that over here please? I think someone needs to come 'do some good in the world' in my neck of the woods. Where are our international election monitors? Where are the peacekeepers on our streets saving us from your warmongering ilk?

Why are US warlords acceptable when African warlords are hunted down and shot by puppet governments in yearly rotation?

It's hypocrisy, fine American vintage, heady, intoxicating, attractively packaged - it's a drug, and you're addicted.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It can't be a CIA operation, because it went too smoothly. If it was a CIA operation there would be Islamic militants in the streets yelling "Death-to-America"....giving the CIA the opposite result they were trying to acheive.

Seriously, if it was the CIA and they acheived the desired results....good work! Thats what we pay them for.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yeah I've also heard that Soros was involved in the Orange Revolution in the Ukrain, as well as some things in Georgia. This may be his handiwork, practicing for when the next Republican gets into office

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The next target is Georgia ....our next target is the United states of Russia

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This would probably make sense as part of a US attempt to reduce Russian military power in the region. Russia had a large airbase in the country along with the US.

If the US could get rid of the Russian base then they improve their position in the region, better military access to central Russia and Northern China.

join