It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Law Enforcement Attempts to Overrule Judiciary (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Terri Schiavo case has became more chaotic friday when a team of Florida Law Enforcement agents attempted to remove Schiavo from her hosipice and insert a feeding tube. However, they were stopped by local officers who reminded the state officers that the Judge's ruling cannot be overruled. A "showdown" took place outside of the Hospice but eventually the state officers left.

story.news.yahoo.com
MIAMI - Hours after a judge ordered that Terri Schiavo wasn't to be removed from her hospice, a team of Florida law enforcement agents were en route to seize her and have her feeding tube reinserted - but they stopped short when local police told them they would enforce the judge's order, The Miami Herald has learned.

"We told them that unless they had the judge with them when they came, they were not going to get in," said a source with the local police.

"The FDLE called to say they were en route to the scene," said an official with the city police who requested anonymity. "When the Sheriff's Department, and our department, told them they could not enforce their order, they backed off."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think that this is another display of people's utter disregard for the law of the land. The Feds infringe upon the states, the states infringe on the local areas. There is no checks and balances anymore. I do not even know why we have a constitution. The government acts as though it doesn't exist.

A judge had made a ruling and everyone knew that it had been made. Hell you cannot turn on a TV without seeing Terri Schiavo on it. This media blitz is for once detering ignorance, but I guess the state police didn't know that the ruling had been made. Then, they prance up to the hospice and believe that they can Schiavo away and be the hero of the day. Have they not seen the pictures of the 10 yr. old kids getting arrested trying to give her water?

By the way...about those 10 yr old kids... why are they not in school? Why are the protesters not at work? Terri Schiavo dying is doing more harm than any good. Any change that would be made to the law allowing the feeding tube to be reinserted has been stated to be "Terri's Law" and would only affect her case. The constitution is there for a reason. We have courts to make decisions that set precedent for future cases, not so that we can save one woman who cannot sustain herself without aid.

I am not a believer in the "Shadow Government" but after the Patriot Act, and now this utter disregard for state and local right with Terri Schiavo, I am starting to think maybe this is how the SG is making its move to take over.

Related News Links:
apnews.myway.com

new topics

join