It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Query about the atsnn_submission format

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Good morning,
RE: www.abovetopsecret.com...
It would be really nice if more web forum sites would adopt similiar structures (althought phpBB or vbulletin are probably not advanced enough).

Is there an an area where a user could post a practice message using the
www.abovetopsecret.com...
format? The instructions are good, however if a new member (like me) needs to test his ability to best utilize (and conform to) the submission format, what sub-forum (if any) could he post a practice message to?

The ultimate goal is to get moderator feedback or evaluation on a practice message before "going hot" in one of the large sub-forums.

Thanks much,
Adonsa

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
While not exactly what you're talking about, simply posting your story in a forum just like this (hit reply to do so) will allow you to hit "Preview Post" and see what it looks like (hyperlinks, etc.) before copying it and pasting it in the submission form.

That's what I do. (Just be careful not to hit send.)

If you still have mistakes when you do send it to ATSNN. Use the edit button.

And if you STILL have mistakes, you'll get a U2U note from an ATSNN moderator to fix it. It won't go up on ATSNN proper until fixed, and voted there. So it is a "submission" practice forum in many respects.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thanks Rant,

I'm fine with preview, I just want to formulate my messages without screwing up and embarrassing myself. I really like the structure, as a reader, so I don't have to hunt around for the key points.

Maybe an example of an "ideal" or "model message" (using the structure) is better than what I first suggested.
Adonsa

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adonsa
Thanks Rant,

I'm fine with preview, I just want to formulate my messages without screwing up and embarrassing myself. I really like the structure, as a reader, so I don't have to hunt around for the key points.

Maybe an example of an "ideal" or "model message" (using the structure) is better than what I first suggested.
Adonsa

There is nothing to fear.

Just do what you do best.. learn the basic requirments for an ATSNN submission.. it is really more easy than you think.

Worst case.. your story in ATSNN is voted down to the regular ATS forums.. But still in ATS.. Think of your submission as posting in ATS as we all love to do.

But if what you have done stands out as quality material in ATSNN... you will be amazed and very happy with the results.

Not only that.. Watch your points soar as your ATSNN report gathers replies.

It is fun and rewarding... well worth any risks.

If you like to write.. and you are into news and current events.. Get your submission in ATSNN.

I'll be among the first to vote when I see it!!

Gazz

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi M_Gazz, Thanks much for your fast reply.

I looked more closely at the format, not all the forums are there (to send the submission to), such as UFO, or medical, hmmmm, am I barking up the wrong tree?

Does this hypothetical example follow the guidelines, subject to acceptability:

Submission Subject:
Neblung Cat Not Picked in Cat Show!
Introductory paragraph
Cat show attendees were astounded that the highly intelligent, gentle and loving to its owners cat didn't get picked for the grand prize at the Honolulu cat show! Thousands of protestors have set up picket lines outside the Civic Center!

The reference URL:
www.thepetprofessor.com...

1 to 3 paragraphs of the original story:
"The Nebelung is a distinctively elegant cat whose name in German means “creature of the mist” Its coat is shining and soft which gives a luminous misty effect around the body."

Additional Paragraph Comment:
I was standing there watching! They screwed up and selected a dog! The crowd is really getting upset. More news to follow, when the reporters publish their stories.

Supporting Links
www.beethoven.com...

Thanks
Adonsa

new topics

top topics

join