It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Deal with 2012??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow, that is one tall order. Everyone in the world suddenly realizing that they can choose not to hate or be enraged. I have believed that for many years, and it has made my life mush less of a headaches.Text Green that would be great.s

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Greetings.
"Blackguard XIII" speaks words containing much truth in this regard. Not complete but nearly so. The I-ching contains great knowledge and wisdom for those that seek it with a willing mind.

For the member "Wyrdone" to postulate "nothing is assured, no outcome is foretold" is blind folly.

A truth is that EVERYTHING about human life and the planet of earth IS foretold. Time is set forth with intent. By design each day passes into years, and those into decades, and those into centuries. These gather as millennium with no variation for each culture and creed of the planet earth. And all pages of human history yet to pass have been written long ago.

Calendar year 2012 speaks of December 22. The numeric sequence is foretold as 12-22-2012. The whole number of 12222012 equates to the END, and not the delusion of a "golden age". The Maya people knew of this, as it was knowledge given unto them by the Olmec, and even the giants before them. These were some of the first children of earth set here to flourish. And they did flourish mightily.

A truth is that a more recent finding is now called the bible code. This is the sacred truth, all of which is not to be learned by all who can not accept what their seeking has revealed. The designs of its riddle will not be agreed upon, even when it is most clear. But this greatest holy book too reveals 2012.

A truth is that many words spoken in the I-ching shall come to pass as well. This too foretells of 12222012 as the END.

Joyous to those that await the revelation and tribulation, but do not mistake that this day is not a fearful time. A great time of dread for human beings and all life of the planet earth. The hammer of frozen stone will bring fire from the ether to bring our history forth, and this world to its final end. And this page too was written from long before. It shall be repeated for our kind.

A truth is that I too have been curious on the time of 2012. Alas, to my own eyes I did search greatly for a longer path. This path is our history to come. This fate is foretold and assured.

Rejoice in today. Rejoice greatly in today.

Vishnu

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Why cant we just all stop consuming, live simple, live without worry,
Im going to try that
'Hey you want to get mad than get mad, but Im not going to.' Ive found that anger isnt real.
Its not the destination its the path, so why is everyone worrying about 2012? You learn allong the path, the destination just serves as an arrow.

What douse this have to do about 2012? Life.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
To put it simply if 2012 is the end of the world... in a religious statement isnt there supposed to be like an amount of years of reckoning around the rapture time? I mean actually if you put the peices to gether... revelations says something along the lines of 144,000 dying in the rapture.. and wasnt the tsunami not to long agos death toll like 144,000... Then somewhere in the bible it talks about the anti christ bringing fire down from the skies.. PY prophet yahewh i mean its not fire but kinda similar... I mean if you do research on barcodes youll realize that all barcodes have the numbers 666 on them ill post a form on that later cause im not gonna write that up... Anyway the mark of the beast cant buy sell or trade with out it... credit cards are getting pretty common and with all the identity theft stuff going on there gonna start looking for ways to get that stuff toned down... "credit card implants"... right hand or forhead... i mean its pretty obvious either are world is aload of false prophet BS or were coming to the end but then again people have always for ages since the coming of christ said the end was near... theres always skeptics belive me i cant sleep good at night thinking my 14 year old self will die as a virgin but if it is the end its inevitablle so deal with it... happy last 7 years if so...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The end of the world? Not likely.....maybe the end of humanity, but I doubt even that. Humans are just one of thousands of earth dwelling life forms, so even if this change over, shift, or whatever is coming up does happen, I find it very unlikely that it will kill everything on earth. Of course, it looks like that happened to Mars........but hey, lightning doesn't strike twice... well sometimes it does, but it is better to be an optimist anyway. And if you are 14, and the Mayans are accurate, you have until you are 21 to convince someone to be 'with' you, if you know what I mean. I was 17, and looking back, it may have been too young...for me. I was very immature for my age. But, anyway, this whole apocalypse thing is nothing to be concerned about, it is all unfolding as it should in the universe, guaranteed.

Well, maybe in 2012, Sedna will skim the earths atmosphere, and we will all get front row seats to watch what happens when gravitational forces are so huge that the magma below the crust rises like the tide....... earthquakes, volcanoes, oceans washing over continents...... exactly like all the ancients described, and the book I earlier refer to backs up with scientific rigour. 'Wipe the slate clean', that is the gist of the ancient deductions. And according the those Mayans, its about 7 years away. The Bible, Vedas, Astrology, Native American Prophets, and the Mayans all agree...... its sposed to hit the fan right about now.
So we have predictions from the distant past from completely different parts of the world that all seem to agree on the timing of the 'cleansing'. One other one is that the Australian Aborigines say this is the end of the dream time. I count six different sources that all fluked out and guessed the same time, what a weird coincidence, huh.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I believe the 2012 doomsday theory is culmination of many unrelated ideas. The Mayn calendar, Nastrodamas, global warming, alien invasion, NWO and of course Armageddon are all suspect to its conception.

All these perdictions could indeed be in store for us. But saying it's going to happen in 2012 is just ridiculous!

[edit on 7/31/2005 by dollmonster]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The suggestive evidence comes from 1000's of years ago, and opposite sides of the globe. The authors of those texts were very astronomically adept, and had more logical calenders than ours is now. So, why is there deduction ridiculous? Not to me, it isn't. It could be wrong, but if it is not I will not be surprised. Those guys were very smart....

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
ive heard so many theories about 2012, stretching from planet X, Return of Jesus, Nuclear War, Alien invasion, End of the world, etc,etc..

Majority of the theories are very interesting to study

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I seriously doubt anyone can put an exact date on the ending of the world...NWO take over...or anything else of such scale and the fact the Mayan calender ends that year is 'neither here nor there' really.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I also heard that it was the return of Jesus. I dunno 2012 doesn't seem that different to me and I am not worried about it,but I will be willing to bet that when the year 2011 comes around and then Dec 21, 2012 comes around I will be in fear. Odly enough Dec 21 is my mothers birthday. Wait I thought it was Dec 21,2012 that was the scary date? I dunno I never really researched it.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If it is coming to a climax and catastrophic global cataclysm, worrying won't help. But I feel that our past ways of doing things could be changed for the better, which might lessen the blow, but who knows.
13.0.0.0.0. Baktun, or 12212012, is day one of the fifth sun, so it is actually probably going to be a really good day, if this all plays out as foreseen thousands of years ago. The bad part will be over by then, apparently.
Like a thief in the night, as biblical texts say, no one will be able to pinpoint the timing. Chaos theory seems to support that idea. The unexpected variable that we didn't account for. How can we be sure all the variables have been accounted for when predicting a sequence of events. We can't, that is the theory of why 100% accuracy in predictions is not possible, because you can't be sure that there are no unaccounted for, unexpected and influential variables. But that is us. Maybe the Olmec, Mayans, or whomever were able to do it. If they were, it will certainly prove that all the skeptics were wrong, which of course will mean zip at the time. No one will be arguing about that as the sky falls down around us. Well, I might.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There's plenty of predictions about 2012, but no one can really know what it will be like. It might be a normal year, it might be enlightenment, or it might be apocalypse, but either way, there's nothing or little you or I can do about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I agree a lot with BlackGuardXIII.....2012 was never "THE END"......it's the end of a cycle....and supposed after this cycle mankind will enter a new state of consciousness..... visit Planetary Ascension year 2012 for pretty much all the information, scientific and all that you'll probably need to read....

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As I've understood it, the Maya wrote that there was no sense in calculating the calendar past that point, as it would be the last Sun of the Great Cycle & the Earth would be reformed anew. Many theories abound regarding cyclic cataclysms and the Earth, including some proposed by scientists of the new generation who are not so beholden to the "old guard". One is that the planet undergoes minor cataclysms in cycles (ranging from 5,500 to 7,500 years apart), and at the end of those cycles (being part of a greater cycle themselves, usually tied to a full precession), a massive cataclysm occurs that practically reforms the Earth, in true Genesis style (a new heaven and a new earth?).

pages.zoom.co.uk...
www.science-frontiers.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The Australian Aboriginal contention is that this is the end of the dreamtime, a 40 000 year period, and being the longest unbroken culture known to recorded history, as determined by science, they are a credible source to heed.
And the Vedic description of this being the low point of four ages, a time when 'the slate is wiped clean' and then we start back at the top of the first and highest age, sure sounds like the Mayan idea that you posted. Thank you. I also find the Hopi description of the 'third shaking' very similar, since they say it will be twice as bad as the first two, which were one-handed shakings, whereas this time Creator grips the earth with both hands and gives her a really good shake.
The Apocalypse, Rapture, Armageddon camp paints a bleak picture too.
Only macro astrology seems to not proclaim the absolute annhilation of our present age. If it was a democracy, the scenario that would be elected is a very thorough demolition job, of us, and all our 'progress'.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
OK, about 4 years ago I decided to study the 2012 mayan topic. 2012 came up as the end of the Mayan calender.
Many "new" new age books on this topic all suggest coming of great flood, major earth shifts and changes.
Now I did come across many "old" dusty , brown brittle page books in my library dating back between 1940-1960s all on the Mayans. One book from the 1960's ended by stating that after the turn of the millenium a great war will break out and last for 12 years along with many natural earth changes. After reading that I literally gave up wanting to know more. Coincidence hit to close to home. I'll try to see if i can find that book again, name and author, so I support these statements.
My own opinion of all this would be that in 2012 will complete this cycle that will have a new chapter in the history books about theses wars and natural earth changes taking place as we speak.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just adding a small tidbit. So dec 21, 2012..... all this talk about 2012, when actually, shouldn't all the talk be of 2013? Unless, the "end" is immediate and swift. Then 2012 is almost over by then... what 10 days left before 2013??

Now if you arent so doom and gloom and view that its just a "change/new beginning" then wouldnt that take you into 2013?? How much "change" coul doccur if its NOT an immediate event in the moment?

And with all this dec 21, 2012 talk, does that imply that MOST of 2012 is prior is irrelevent? hmmm I wonder if our magnetic filed has a reset button...

Are their any prophecies regarding 2013? Did the Mayans, just get bored and "dump" the whole calander project, and maybe focused on more important things like... oh dealing with environmental issues that continued to plague them and abandon their villages/cities in serach of food and away from the diseased?

Once the 12/21/2012 was over, was their intent to start over at "zero"?? If they had such a handle as to what was to come.... what did they say was to come? If their belief system was that 2012 is to be the end/new beginning- then what was their philosophy as to why they were there? What did ithe mayan's beleive was the meaning of life? And if you believe in thier calander, then I'm sure you are to believe in their "meaning of life" too no?

Just a few questions...

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
2012, from what I understand from the Mayan culture, will be the start of a new, or next, "World."

I have recently done a good amount of research on this 2012 topic, mostly from the Mayan culture, and what I have found is this:

The Mayan calendar was based around what the Mayans called "Worlds". The term "World" is not what you and I consider as a planetary world, or an environment. They used the term as a measurement of time. Just as we have months, days, hours, seconds, they had a time span called a "World". I have seen many different calculations for what one world is equivalent to, but it is in the range of 5,200 years.

Why 5,200 years for one world?

Well, what has been said is that the "world" is based upon the position of the earth and the solar system in relation to the Milky Way galaxy. The earth and our solar system are constantly bobbing up and down thru the Milky Way. Think of it this way. Imagine looking at the Milky Way horizontally, so that you are looking at a flat line, with the bulge of the center of the universe at the center.

The earth and solar system is like a fishing bobber, floating on top of the Milky Way horizon for a while, and then going below the Milky Way horizon for a while. Each time that the earth passes and lines up in the center of the horizon, according to the Mayan calendar, a new world begins. It is said that when this alignment occurs, cosmic energies flow tremendously thru the earth and all beings.

Many mayans believe this to be a great new beginning as others have said.

Now, what does this all mean? As you have read, there are many theories as to what will happen during this new world beginning. Some have said alien invasion, others have even said that Human and animal DNA will be reconfigured to what the "ancients" were.

I myself see some correlation of this new world, with the Draco/Grey phenomenon. It has been said that the Draco/Greys use the energies of the earth to open portals of different time branches to allow for time travel and time branching. It is also said that during this new world, the energy of the entire milky way will be flowing thru the earth’s plane.

Coincidence?

Who knows for sure.

I will go so far as to say that something of consequesnce will happen. Will it be visibly noticable to us? Maybe, maybe not.

xmad

[edit on 1-8-2005 by xmaddness]

[edit on 1-8-2005 by xmaddness]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok great. So what did the Mayans say would happen specifically? or EVEN BETTER YET what do they say ALREADY happened during the previous 26,000 years? Why didn't they just tell us what already happened so we know what to expect next time around? I know you'll be able to answer these questions given your study on the Mayan Culture. Why you are at it, I was wondering why they stopped working on the calander?? Any insight would be VERY helpful.

Thanx,
Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Ok great. So what did the Mayans say would happen specifically? or EVEN BETTER YET what do they say ALREADY happened during the previous 26,000 years? Why didn't they just tell us what already happened so we know what to expect next time around? I know you'll be able to answer these questions given your study on the Mayan Culture. Why you are at it, I was wondering why they stopped working on the calander?? Any insight would be VERY helpful.

Thanx,
Peace

The 26,000 year number is the total number of years of the mayan calander that is currently ending, and the one were are discussing. (There are actually 20 different mayan calanders that were used to track different time events)

There have been 5 "cycles" or "worlds" so far. Each world lasts 5,200 years on the gregorian calandar.

26,000/5,200 = 5 cycles. we are ending the fifth, and final world, according to the mayans, in our 12/12/2012 date.

here is a link to a representation of the 5,200 cycle we are currently in.

The mayans apparently knew that civilization would come from a full swing of beginning, middle, and end. It is their belief that they knew that at the end of this calandar, the end of civilization as we know it would come.

Taken from: here
Quite simply, among their elders, sages and prophets it was known that what we call history, the duration of the thirteen baktun count, is the time of trial on earth. The thirteen baktuns is the time allotted to the human being to run its course of trial and error, culminating in the error in time, the creation of the 12:60 Gregorian civilization that captures and dominates the entire thirteenth baktun. What is known as the kali yuga to the Hindus is no different than this cycle of history, which in the end must return to a new golden age. In the more familiar theologies of the Christian and Islamic worlds, the final katun cycles mark the end times, the time of judgment day on earth.

xmad

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join