It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winds of change in the South?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I will keep this short, because I read English pretty well but can’t produce by myself good texts.

I’m from Argentina, we are stuck with leftist and/or corrupt governments since a couple of decades now. Yesterday we had the PASO, our primaries. We renew 1/2 of the Chamber of Deputies and 1/3 of the Senate in November and, being candidate for the first time Javier Milei, a libertarian economist, is running in elections, he got 13,7% of the votes in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, consolidating his party, Avanza Libertad, as the third political force in the City and the fourth in the Province of Buenos Aires, a party that was born just in the year 2019 .

The party is growing in all the country, and guess what, he became known for proposing the elimination of the Argentine Central Bank , when he was just a guest to speak in TV about economy.

What do you think ATS? Is something important cooking in this so far away place or is just smoke?

edit on 13-9-2021 by CafeconLeche1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CafeconLeche1

Sounds excellent, a friendlier more reasonable and conservative/libertarian form of Argentina is an excellent goal. I have selfish reasons though, I have to travel through Argentina (from Chile) to get to Patagonia in Chile, to go fishing for Brown and Speckled Trout ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

We can only hope for some sanity to trickle in on the current clown parade. Glad to hear at least a little good news on that front.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

You're going to fit right in here on ATS.

The nearest you've had to a leftist government was la Frente Para La Victoria and even that was owned by the State Department.

Look back to your economic history to, say, the late 1980s, when Milton Friedman and the Chicago School of Economists got involved. Look at the huge economic growth and then the crisis at the turn of the Millenium. Look at the growth after that crisis and the crunch three or four years ago. I know it's an exaggeration, but Argentina is almost the capitalist version of Venezuela.

The problem is not leftism or rightism or corruption. It's economic liberalism in the service of the dollar.

What would a libertarian economist bring but more of the same?
edit on 14-9-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Argentina might get away with it if they back the currency with silver. But he will need protection.

top topics

join