It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Text Black

This looks like a very interesting message board. I go by n5xm, my Ham Radio callsign, but call me n5 if you like. I am 51, and have worked harder to learn since quitting college my soph year than I ever did while in school. I am a possibility thinker, but with a large sprinkling of scientific method. I am retired after working 30 years as a Physician's Assistant and 1st assistant in surgery. I enjoy Ham Radio and have worked nearly 200 countries, and I have a lot of fun. I enjoy Philosophy, all kinds of music, history, the sciences, I've played guitar for 35 years, have been a tournament chess player, and am a frustrated author. As far as discussions are concerned, I enjoy playing the Devil's Advocate just for the sake of discussion. I use both sides of my brain routinely, and I guess if I wanted to describe myself best in one phrase, it would be intellectually curious. I have studied Astrology for a very long time, and am an empath. I ain't perfect, but at least I'm workin' on it, ya know?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You sound like a very interesting person n5.

You'll fit right in.

Welcome to ATS.

PA

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ham radio? I want one of those to go in my war room

Hope you like it here. Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Welcome on board ATS. Good to have you here

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....
ATS hand book

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

Asala

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by n5xm
Boo!

ARRGGHH!!

I have studied Astrology for a very long time, and am an empath. I ain't perfect, but at least I'm workin' on it, ya know?

To what level do you consider yourself empathic?

Oh yeah, welcome to the site!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi there... it is very interesting around here...im sure you will find something you will like !!
Welcome!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Looks like we have a thing or two in common, being in the same decade of life, and I won prize money in a chess tournament once. Welcome!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Being the same vintage myself, n5....welcome to ATS, an incredible vastness of debate in the quest to deny ignorance.

These boards are imbued with philosophers...most just don't know it yet. I'm certain we can use some advocate of the dark lord to teach us when to sacrifice and when to strike.

My retirement is only months away...how do you like it so far?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
welcome to ats!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
A lot of things happen during your life to help make you what you become. There is positive and negative everywhere, and for the most part I have tried to emphasize the positive. As a member of the Woodstock generation, I've managed to indulge in the hedonistic excesses of that era, but still emphasize the individual search for universal truth, and I'm not talking about Religion. I try to be as Spiritual as I can be, but have some big problems with modern organized Religion.

My abilities as an empath partly result from a 30 plus year study of the symbolic language of Astrology, which has given me an excellent understanding of the heirarchy of Human Personality on the individual level. I have also been a student of Jungian psychology and the Collective Unconscious. There are techniques that allow us glimpses of the Collective Unconscious, and while I cannot remote view, I do surprise myself sometimes. This is something we can all do, but it takes a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of patience.

My careeer in Medicine is the main reason I've been able to develop powerful abilities to concentrate. It's also helped me develop my abilities to get into a state of mind where I am receptive to what is going on around me. You find that Surgeons demand absolute concentration and attention to detail during surgery. After 30 years, and 30-plus thousand surgeries, it is certain to me that this work has aided the development of my sensitivities.

For some reason, I've always been interested in looking for understanding in non-traditional sources. I am well-grounded in the standart stuff, but am fascinated by esoterica. I've read dozens of books on psychic phenomena, including all the Edgar Cayce materials, material on Ruth Montegomery, Uri Gellar, et al, and probably a hundred books on UFO's. I've also learned that the more you know, the more there is to learn. I've had enough humbling things happen to me during my life to know there are many things I do not understand, even if I have learned a lot. I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone. Enough for now.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by n5xm
I have also been a student of Jungian psychology and the Collective Unconscious.

Welcome to ATS/ATSNN/BTS/P@ATS and Ignorance Denied. Enjoy

n5xm, do you have a mandala? I have a beautiful one drawn by my mum about 17yrs ago. She was well researched in Carl Jung amongst other things, such as dream analysis.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I would love to have a mandala. Jung had to be at least 75 years ahead of his time. His ability to codify such subjective material is stunning. His thinking was so organized, yet so deep, I see him as the equal of Einstein, Newton, Euclid, you name it. The only difference I see is that Jung's interests were human states of awareness and human enlightenment. I'm talking about people who take us to levels above the traditional thought of the time.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Glad you could find us her at the great ATS! Enjoy your long stay!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Welome to ATS/BTS..and everything you would want to know about.....is here.
I have not yet myself went up to ats and posted much Iwould like to get some information first before I make a fool of myself. hehe
Everyone who comes here is addicted basically after a week, you just have to keep coming back.You turn into a zombie...lol
So, with that said, enjoy your stay, have fun.learn a few things, let others learn something from you, and don't be afraid to ask for help, the mods are very good here.

top topics

join