It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious flying wing over the Philippines ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The Sentinel is a single engine bird though. And not that big.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghoul
Msm picked it up. Saw it on my google feed. Seems to be a basic soon to be released craft. Probably have had this thing for more than a decade. Probably chinas being in that region. Or one of our spy planes.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If we consider the 180, it is rumored to have started to fly around 2010 and reached IOC around 2015. Of course the years may not be exactly correct but i think this timeframe can makes sense with all the open literature about it. So yes the 180 might be flying for a decade already.
But since it is mainly an ISR platform, it is better to keep them secret as long as possible in my opinion. Cause I personally don’t want any country that can be a threat to the US and NATO have any advantage when it comes to know our « real » capabilities in this domain.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Wonder if it's what you caught that night in California on the ground.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Don't forget the Amarillo plane

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

The Amarillo plane was a LRS-B demonstrator if I remember correctly.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We still don't know it coul be linking to NGAD too.... And we still don't know a lot of years after what the Kansas flying wing was.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Have you any idea why a bulky underneath ? the last rendering of the B-21 show a big bulky underneath

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The answer for the Amarillo and Wichita one have both been said on this forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agreed, see my post earlier in the thread which said just that (the single engine part).

Size is hard to tell without something to compare it to. If comparing to the width of the contrails, I would say it's definitely smaller than a B-2. B-21 I don't really know anything about.

ETA - then again, maybe it's something different than any of those (?).

edit on 9/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I don't remember of one answer about the Wichita craft, and for Amarillo we spoke a lot about LRS-B demonstrators.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius
There is a need for a Stealth platform that fills in a part of the structure of the defense force..

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sort of resembles the Northrop Sensorcraft design.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There was a report the Philippines tracked and tried to intercept it, if that’s true, I like the idea it must be Chinas as they wouldn’t be able to track the USA one!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

It could also be unrelated since the intercept took place in a different place ( 120 nautical miles northwest of Pangasinan.) and at least 3 hours later. There is a lot of chinese activity in that area, while our flying wing was caught coming from the night from the east.

I mean if it is an american stealth bird and it got tracked by Philippines air force radar.... it is worrying lol.

My guess is that this intercept might be unrelated.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think so too, the mystery flying wing surely cruise undetected above the Philippines, I can't imagine the defense abble to detect this beast.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghoul
a reply to: Forensick

I mean if it is an american stealth bird and it got tracked by Philippines air force radar.... it is worrying lol.

My guess is that this intercept might be unrelated.

We probably turned off stealth, to show the Chinese we got that far and appeared out of nowhere. Probably turned it back on and laughed all the way back to the USA. And while China was focusing on that we were probably flying our super dark project over their country while dropping leaflets that read "It's On B1tch!"

I think we're at war with them. It's just a different kind of war. If you follow all the money, there can be a good case made that China...oh wait this isn't the mud pit.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
In opinion , why this plane have a big bulky underneath, what for , weapon bay ? big sensors ? laser weapon ?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius
A lot of stealth airframe have this very rounded shape underneath (X-44 uav, RQ-3, P-175 ect...) so I guess it could be any of the reasons you mentionned.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If you made all your sensor/weapons,signitt payloads the same size and shape to fit into a bay that plugs and plays it would be a smart move..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join