It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 is the least dangerous respiratory virus ever in Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As I have calculated, Covid-19 has case fatality ratio 6 / 800 = 0.75%, which is less than even rhinovirus (about 1%) and pre Covid-19 coronavirus (about 1%), and significantly less than flu (about 3%) and SARS (about 10%).

Ontario reports more than 800 new COVID-19 cases today, 6 more deaths

The video from Public Health Ontario lists case fatality ratios of various respiratory viruses starting at the 26:26 mark.

SARS has 9.6% case fatality ratio, higher than any other respiratory virus.

SARS wiki page

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegaiser

I remember when this whole madness started, I was living in N. California and was pretty well disconnected from the world. A friend of mine told me that they had shut down Italy. I swear I could not understand what he meant (if you'll remember Italy was the first nation closed). I just kept repeating, but what do you mean they shut down Italy? My mind literally could not comprehend it. Finally understanding and believing, I pulled out my phone and ran some quick numbers to determine mortality reported vs. population (at the time of shutdown), and the numbers that I found were...strange.

The number was: .00000625

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

if my quick maths are correct, that works out to fewer than 400 deaths.... and they closed the entire nation?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this virus WAS leaked from the lab... before it was ready. All these plans to crash the world economy are still playing out, but they'd have a lot more support of the death rate was closer to 1/10 instead of 1/100... and even that 1/100 figure appears to be heavily padded!

Would have made for one hell of a 9/11 anniversary, don't you think? the entirety of the DNC sneaks off into their bunkers while bioweapons are released in major cities all over the world... a true plandemic.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Least dangerous? Hell, it's a friggin' boon, a blessing. Since the Wuflu nobody hardly dies of anything else. It seems to have cured everything from seasonal flu and pneumonia to heart attacks, cancer and gunshot wounds!

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Your CFR calculation is incorrect.

There have been 9,536 deaths and 567,878 confirmed cases.

Source:
Ontario Covid Data

So the CFR = 1.679%

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

Your CFR calculation is incorrect.

There have been 9,536 deaths and 567,878 confirmed cases.

Source:
Ontario Covid Data

So the CFR = 1.679%

Those numbers include last year's cases and deaths. This year's case fatality ratio is consistently less than 1%.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Death rate as a % is a mute point. Dead people don't need medical staff or a bed.

Transmissibility, hospitalization rate and recovery times are the problem.

I'm living in a country of 120,000,000 people "only" 35,000 deaths since this pandemic started, thats 60% less than seasonal pneumonia each year.

However, hospitals are 150% capacity in some areas, ICU rate is over 70% all over despite thousands of additional temporary field hospitals beds.

People are being turned away for other ailments that may turn serious long term if unchecked.

What exactly are you trying to prove with the numbers ?

top topics

join