It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The common and horrifying consequences of sex change surgeries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DashVol

Bigotry comes in all shapes and sizes. Judge not lest ye be judged. Were done,consider me a brick wall.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Here's a 21st century love story for you.

My married-with-children nephew (now niece) fully transitioned about 6 years back.

The kicker here, though, is that his wife (now husband) also transitioned at the same time, and they've stayed together., going on 20 years of marriage now. We've never seen them happier, and they feel lucky to have found each other.

We don't discuss the medical details because that's between them and their doctors, but all is well. I'm sure that it doesn't work out as well for others, on many levels, but in this case it did.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Boadicea

I wasnt gas lighting here.

Good to know.

and Ok. do you do thing that are expected of your outward looks? if you are female, do you like wearing feminine clothes? If you are male ,do you do things considered manly? Gender is a mental reflection.

I don't do a damn thing because it's "expected" of me. I wear what I wear for different reasons and purposes -- for example, old grubby clothes to work in the yard, what is comfortable to wear day-to-day, whatever my activity and druthers call for. That's it. I never ever wear anything due to a "gender" or others' expectations of "gender." I cannot help what others "expect" and while I try to dress appropriately for any occasion, gender does not come into it.

I will say, however, that being a woman, I can wear jeans and T-shirts or I can wear a dress, and no one will question my choice as a woman. Jeans and a T-shirt may not be appropriate for many occasions, but I'm rarely expected to wear a dress. I understand that's not the case for men for the most part, unless it is cultural -- such as kilts for the Scottish.

Here the following link is good to explain what gender actually is. Apparently it is mentally influenced by actions and looks,like a manly man bodybuilding or a woman wearing pretty clothes.

Gender is....

Your link is a perfect example of what I mean by conflating sex and gender, and it's wrong. From your link:

But the sharp demarcation fails because there is no single objective biological criterion for male or female sex. Sex is based in a combination of anatomical, endocrinal and chromosomal features, and the selection among these criteria for sex assignment is based very much on cultural beliefs about what actually makes someone male or female. Thus the very definition of the biological categories male and female, and people’s understanding of
themselves and others as male or female, is ultimately social.

Sex is based upon the gametes produced by our body types -- small gametes by male bodies, large gametes by female bodies. That's it. Not all bodies function properly, and may or may not actually produce those gametes due to defects and deviations; and the body type is normally indicated (and identified) by several factors, including our anatomy. All of which are tangible and objective. They are not "cultural beliefs".

I will also add that a healthy and normal life for the female body is not static... it undergoes cycles and seasons based upon our internal (not external) biology as we age. The female body is not fertile throughout its lifespan. The female body is born with all the gametes it will ever produce, while men produce their gametes throughout their lifetime. While only female bodies menstruate, no female body menstruates all the time, or all her life. A female body releases its gametes involuntarily... the male body releases its gametes voluntarily through specific actions. It is natural and normal for the female body to cease menstruating at some points -- temporarily with pregnancy and permanently with menopause -- and for her reproductive abilities to cease. What is normal at 5 years old, 15 years old, and 50 years old is very different. So the needs and circumstances of females changes throughout their life in ways that a male body does not. These are not "social constructs". They are tangible and objective.

Only society's expectations and, at its extremes, society's demands are social constructs. We can call this "gender," but the vast majority of which are based on stereotypes and often just plain wishful thinking. And not always practical, but sometimes based upon the practical. These expectations and demands change and vary with the times and with the culture. They are intangible and subjective.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DashVol

I appreciate your concerns and worries, and you aren't completely wrong, but you're not completely right either. Yes, autogynephilia is a paraphilia, which is basically a fetish. No one is disputing this. But neither is it as simple as you seem to think it is.

I'm very familiar with Blanchard's works, as well as today's trans ideology, but neither is as simple as "this and that." Even Blanchard technically divided the categories as "homosexual" and "non-homosexual," but not necessarily heterosexual. Nor do all self-identifying transgender persons necessarily identify as the opposite gender, but may identify as both genders, or neither gender, and even a "fluid" gender that alternates their gender identity at any given time.

Nor is it fair or accurate to say that all persons identifying as transgender believe they are really the opposite sex, despite the current Trans ideology and their social/legal/regulatory demands. Cross dressers in particular tend to know and accept their male anatomy/biology, and don't presume that adorning their male physique in typically feminine garb makes them female. Nor do they usually identify as transgender. There are also many many transsexuals -- both HSTS and other -- that do not claim to really be the sex they identify as.

There is plenty to be concerned and outraged about when it comes to Trans ideology and especially Trans activism, but it doesn't help to conflate all gender identities any more than it helps to conflate gender and sex. The distinctions being made are important, as are the perspectives being shared.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Im trying to drink coffeea reply to: trollz

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Homosexuality and transsexualism may be considered a mental diseass. But, I dont think there is any treatment that reverses it. And if there was, many would still choose to remain that way.

So people want to embrace transexualism because the alternative is to shame and supress.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aFrayedknot2
a reply to: coop039
Hey, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. My uncle's story is a mirror of yours. My cousin is in the same boat and largely due to the influence of the girlfriend. I just hope that your son and my cousin remember in their hearts that they are never too far lost. That they are always loved and cherished. And that family will always be their home, no matter what, no matter what.
Here is a song that I sent to my uncle. I hope it gives you comfort.

Incase I messed up the attachment again the song is from Lauren Daigle called "Rescue"

Thanks for the response man!

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
But that's what this is all about: just another way of putting us all into "boy" and "girl" boxes.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
But that's what this is all about: just another way of putting us all into "boy" and "girl" boxes.

First, sorry for the late response.

Second, sorry but this is going right over my head... whoosh!!! I'm not sure what you mean, so more apologies if this response isn't actually responsive to your point!

I don't disagree about the end result -- putting us all into "boy" and "girl" boxes. My previous comment was simply addressing how some people get to that end point... their motivations and thought processes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join