It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US will accept Israel settlements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
US ambassador to Israel Dan Kurtzer said Friday that Israel can keep sovereignty over large Jewish settlement blocs in the West Bank in any final status agreement, the Israeli Public Radio reported.

"US policy is the support that the president has given for the retention by Israel of the major Israeli population centers as an outcome of negotiations (between Israel and the Palestinians),"Kurtzer was quoted as saying.

(source: XinhuaNet )

Why does the USA support the Israel settlements? This will not go into my head

I see this as support for further terror actions between Israelis and Palestinians.
Leave them alone. Let´s see what´s happening.

What is your opinion about that subject?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The U.S. is supposed to be acting as an honest broker between the two parties, so I see this statement as unhelpful. From our viewpoint, nothing should be supported or not, rather everything should be on the table and we should be there just help broker a settlement. The U.S. won't be seen as neutral if we don't stop blindly supporting the Israeli position on these hotbutton issues.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I found this though, don't know if it's a contradiction or something else:

March 25 (Bloomberg) -- The Bush administration opposes Israel's plan to expand the largest Jewish settlement in the West Bank, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said after a visit to the region by two top Bush administration officials.

``Anything that raises the prospect that you're going to have an expansion of settlements in this way, particularly in a sensitive area, is not really a satisfactory response,'' Rice said in an interview with The Los Angeles Times.

Rice commented after Elliott Abrams, a deputy U.S. national security adviser, and David Welch, the assistant U.S. secretary of state for Near Eastern affairs, met this week with both Israeli and Palestinian officials to discuss the matter.

Source: Bloomberg

new topics

join